The Current Lumpinee Champions - Class of 2013!

As said before, Alamos is not being protected to hang on to the Lumpini belt for marketing. Titles at Lumpini are usually fought for 2-3 times a year per weight class. Damien won it in the beginning of 2012 and defending it that year as well. Will probably defend it after high season is over.

Last edited:
Lumpini stadium aren't letting him hold on to the belt, just so Bangladesh promoters can get a good high season of tourists in!
Ya obviously. I wouldn't expect the belt to be on the line in Bangla but he did get schooled by Deiselek at Lumpini.

What happened with Saenchai's belt that he won last year? So it went from him to Singdam at a weight mis match then when Saenchai won again at even weight he didn't get it back? Or am I not even close. The way they deal with belts is confusing to me...

Ya obviously. I wouldn't expect the belt to be on the line in Bangla but he did get schooled by Deiselek at Lumpini.

What happened with Saenchai's belt that he won last year? So it went from him to Singdam at a weight mis match then when Saenchai won again at even weight he didn't get it back? Or am I not even close. The way they deal with belts is confusing to me...

The titles are as I said before not defended every fight, the promoter has to apply to the stadium for a title fight, pay sanctioning fees etc.... When Singdam lost to Saenchai in the rematch it wasn't even in Lumpini!
The only way a champion of one of the stadiums can lose his title in a non-title fight is to get knocked out in a fight where he weighed in at exactly the same weight as the title he holds, then he would automatically lose the belt, which would become a vacant title.

As said before, Alamos is being protected to hang on to the Lumpini belt for marketing. Titles at Lumpini are usually fought for 2-3 times a year per weight class. Damien won it in the beginning of 2012 and defending it that year as well. Will probably defend it after high season is over.

Lumpini are using him for marketing? Lol stop it!

When Singdam lost to Saenchai in the rematch it wasn't even in Lumpini!
My mistake. That makes sense then...
The only way a champion of one of the stadiums can lose his title in a non-title fight is to get knocked out in a fight where he weighed in at exactly the same weight as the title he holds, then he would automatically lose the belt, which would become a vacant title.
This I had no clue of. Interesting.

Can't necessarily say I like the way that works from a western perspective but it is what it is. The fights in Lumpinee deliver and that's what I ultimately care about.

Meant to say not. :redface:

interesting, didn't know that

This is awesome. Like everyone in here that has an av has one of a Thai boxer

wow first time i hear that. thanks for the informations.

Food for thought; Mr Sombat said the Bangla run was worked out with Damien's/Num Noi's Bangkok promoter at the Lumpinee. Not that it means they're deliberating keeping him champion...

If anything that kind of "belt-for-marketing" deal would come from the Rajadamnern and WMC office wouldn't it, with WMC and Bangla in bed. There's a nice WMC logo emblazoned on the stadium, WMC belts on every poster, and being handed out to Phuket farang willy nilly, even at weights where there's already a champ. Damien is neither Raja nor WMC.

Idk, I don't mind watching Alamos fight here a few times over the next few months anyway. That Petasswin fight would be good.

Damien won't be attracting tourists at Bangla for a bit. He's fighting Wanchalerm Uddonmuang on a huge Lumpini show on March 8th.

Also, Yokpet Sompongmarptaput filled the vacant slot at 115.

Back