The contenders for the next Bantamweight Title-shot, who should get it?

Excellent thread.
Id love to see him vs Cruz or Moraes but all of them make sense except for the CG3 fight. Looking back, the Cejudo fight is probably not ao deserving considering he just scraped by DJ and still has a couple guys to beat in his division to make a worthy champ vs champ match. DJ would have been perfect l though.

I think Faber should come out of retirement and get it.

Or they should offer it to MM.
Now that he has no belt, he might be interested.

They could also offer it to Frankie.
He’d probably beat TJ too.

But TJ has accomplished a lot.
I believe that he deserves a big money fight against Brock Lesnar.
op9PWrr.gif

This post really took me for a trip

Ray Borg. P4p top 5. I know cuz mightymouse chose to fight hin over TJ

I'm surprised TJ isn't calling out Dom specifically. You'd think he'd be more interested in avenging that loss than going after flyweights.

Haphael should be next in line. But Dom or Moraes will probably get it.

Cruz, Assuncao, Moraes.

Is Cruz even still fighting or does he prefer the desk job now?

Bantamweight is quite the division.

I've always wanted to see TJ avenge his knockout loss to Dodson, although Dodson can't seem to keep things together to warrant a shot.

If he beats Rivera, maybe then?

Either way, TJ is going to have alot of challengers to keep him busy.

Yeah, that was just a joke. Cody should honestly consider FLW since he came into the fight at 142 lbs. As long as TJ is champ, he's not getting another TS unless he goes on a complete tear
Yeah, funnily enough, Cejudo rehydrated higher than Cody.

CoGar was the exact same weight the day of as MM.

Great post!

Any point of view I may have thought to contribute has already been covered.

I especially agree about the Dom point but I remember TJ talking about Cody in a similar way, saying that he shouldn't get a rematch after being definitively finished when TJ had to work his way back up after losing in a controversial split decision.

Now seeing that Cody did indeed get the rematch it seems the UFC have a way of making offers that TJ cant refuse. So Dom may get the next shot based on hype over merit.

Cruz, Assuncao, Moraes.

Is Cruz even still fighting or does he prefer the desk job now?

Bantamweight is quite the division.

I've always wanted to see TJ avenge his knockout loss to Dodson, although Dodson can't seem to keep things together to warrant a shot.

If he beats Rivera, maybe then?

Either way, TJ is going to have alot of challengers to keep him busy.
I find it annoying how people always post the Dodson "KO" gif to discredit TJ. That fight was before Ludwig, when TJ was essentially just a wrestler with his unrefined funky style. Also, early stoppage imo.

I really wanted to include Dodson, but he just hasn't done enough. Sad how he's come up short in two split decisions against stiff competition. Had he won and gotten the nod against Lineker, I can guarantee it would have been him fighting TJ at UFC 207 instead. Even if he kept the L to Lineker, if he had gotten the nod against Moraes, he'd be the current front runner for a TS. It's actually amazing once you think about how close he could have been right now.
If you wanna MMA math, you could say TJ beating Lineker and Moraes could count, but MMA math sucks.

I still wanna see Dom fight TJ, that chapter needs to be closed before Cruz's body breaks down completely
I was debating adding that Cruz's body literally dissintigrating as we speak for a reason, but it just seemed to silly as true as it is.

TJ wants Cruz. I'd say let them fight again once Cruz is healthy.

It's his only loss in his last 9 fights and it has the best back story

The winner can fight moraes

I think Henry should get a title shot, but only after defending his belt atleast one time.

TJ wants Cruz. I'd say let them fight again once Cruz is healthy.

It's his only loss in his last 9 fights and it has the best back story

The winner can fight moraes

In the interviews I've seen TJ said the opposite. He wants to make Dom go through contenders like he had too to get another shot.

Bumping this just for the sake of reflection. Honestly, of all the possible options, going with Cejudo is the most undeserving.

Back