Economy The collapse of downtown Los Angeles

Who cares? The projected budget shortfalls care. The fact that major companies are exiting, taking high paying jobs with them. The death spiral of cities that people are going through makes people care. And the places receiving tens of thousands of former Californians care.

California is also losing people to places that are also expensive, like Washington. And other states that are in the top 10 most expensive in the country are not nearly losing as many people at the rate that California and New York do.

Also cost of living is simply not a good argument because California and New York have always been way more expensive than the rest of the country. That hasn't changed for many decades now. In fact the rest of the country is getting more expensive at a faster rate than California and New York which should make them more attractive.

No one cares. Only haters on Sherdog

What has changed is people are no longer tethered to physical locations, they can work in tech/entertainment from ANYWHERE for companies that have now become multinational.

The average house price in the bay is 1.3 million , Washington which has close to same average income is 500k. Places in middle America as low as 100k.

The city of Los Angeles has more people in it that 80% of US states.

CA is the not just the biggest economy in the US its one of the biggest on the planet as a global epicenter.

Again, there is a reason NO ONE hates about the States between CA and NY, because they're irrelevant.

"Legalized stealing" is just a phrase. Obviously stealing is not legalized. It is just not enforced in Gavins California so stealing runs rampant. Theft is out of control to the point of driving retailers away, yet greasy Gavin does nothing.

Stealing in California can be compared to smoking pot. Pot is illegal at the federal level, yet not enforced.
So why toss around a phrase that you know is cheap politicking and not reflective of reality? It's as if you are only in here for a partisan sugar high and not interested int eh actual issue.

I assure you that stealing in California will get you dealing with the criminal justice system, regardless of whether it's jail or a fine. Folks from out of California massively overestimate how stealing impacts retail bottom lines. For example...you know what helps deter stealing? Having enough staff to disincentive casual shoplifting. Or have enough staff that employees that reporting damaged goods as stolen because they were working too fast.

- I never been to L.A. but i always think of L.A from the 90's PM Media movies. A crime hidden city. Of course i know that probably isnt like this. But thats what they used to portrail L.A to us.

Btw. To be the Best is a amazing movie.

Back