• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Chimaev Fanbase

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
I’ve personally seen plenty of folks own the fact they they were a fan until he pulled this stunt at the weigh ins, he pretty much screwed over the fans at that point. As much hate as Diaz gets in this siloh, most fans want to see him fight for the pure polarizing spectacle that it is. I think a lot of guys wanted to see Khamzat fight too, but he turned of hardcore by coming as trying to cheat, and he turned off casuals for almost ruining the card. Best bet for him is to have a decisive victory tonight or else he’ll be forced to get two more wins at MW and WW before being considered for the title moving forward (unless as a replacement).
I agree, and I completely understand people who have changed their opinion of the guy because of this. But it’s funny seeing all the hate toward him like he wasn’t the most hyped prospect maybe ever.

Guess we’ll see, this sort of reminds of Costa’s situation in his fight with Vettori. People were talking so much shit on the guy for being too heavy but then he started trolling everyone on Twitter and people just kinda forgot.

You don’t say. It’s almost like their pulling three card molly to protect a cash cow and avoid the backlash of a fight nobody wanted. Hmmm
That dont make any sense. The backlash started way before this. They didnt have to go through all this elaborate bullshit

Seeing you here in this moment eating this humble is magical. It’s like it was preordained
Didnt you just start posting here last month?

That dont make any sense. The backlash started way before this. They didnt have to go through all this elaborate bullshit
I think the end goal was have him face someone with a wrestling deficiency being as he wasn’t fighting for the belt next. They extra secured a W by making it a man with a wrestling deficiency last minute. Securing the hype train villainizing his name and keeping shit going as the new bad boy on Nate’s departure

I was a big fan of the guy but cant defend anything he's done this week. What a mess. He could redeem himself but its gonna take a while.

Well, after Vettori fiasco Costa redeemed himself quite fast. Now everyone forgot about missing weight etc. and everyone loves him for his funny persona and twitter account.
I'm sure Borz will rise again.

Reactions: HHJ
I still like him as a fighter and want him to be as good as I think he can be (not 3 div champ but a generational talent). But yeah he has some massive character flaws that could sabotage his career. Right now it seems he's going down the wrong path but lots of beloved fighters were unpopular at some point in their careers. Here's to hoping he can get his shit together and start acting like a professional.

Even if Khamzat released some IG video apologizing and humbling himself, the people angry at him or "dropping" him as someone they root for, doesn't change.

I'm sure on a professional level behind closed doors he takes it more serious but on the stage and in front of the cameras, you just have to play into it because that is what his persona has been all along: "IDGAF, I'm Just Here To Smesh"

Arguably the dumbest fanbase in the sport right now, along with Conor's. Thought Canz was a twit from the start. When he retired on Twitter like a four year old girl it was clear he's a bit of a can.

War Goatmaev. <RomeroSalute>

Thank you for that new beautiful card, he did the work for us... <{JustBleed}>

Khamzat has the all the skills and work ethic to be champ. It's what's between his ears that has me doubting.

It was unprofessional to miss weight like that, but in the end the matchups are more even. Though Leech definitely got the short end of the stick.

I will say, I do find this Heel turn of Khamzat kinda intriguing. When he first debuted, people compared him to Khabib in all kinds of ways. But to see him smiling like a moron and giving the finger, I could never imagine Khabib doing that. Heck I can't even imagine Conor/Jones doing that. Can't recall if Costa acted like this to the same extent when he missed weight.

It's like Khamzat's saying "F*** weight", "F*** Diaz", "F*** Holland", "F*** the Fans".

They are descendants of the Khabib fanbase so delusional as all hell...

The Chimaev fanbase REALLY does not want to see him fight Costa for some reason.

They are practically begging for Khamzat to be able to continue fighting 155ers even though he can't even make 170.

I agree, and I completely understand people who have changed their opinion of the guy because of this. But it’s funny seeing all the hate toward him like he wasn’t the most hyped prospect maybe ever.

Guess we’ll see, this sort of reminds of Costa’s situation in his fight with Vettori. People were talking so much shit on the guy for being too heavy but then he started trolling everyone on Twitter and people just kinda forgot.
People will definitely forget about him missing weight if he destroys Holland….if he loses though….his fanbase will swiftly jump on the next undefeated fighter <{cruzshake}>

Back