'The Cecil effect': 200 lions to be shot

second sight

We have officially entered the "Age of Deception"
@Silver
Reaction score
It is the country where Cecil the lion was killed, sparking international anger against the American dentist who shot him.

The outcry over Walter Palmer's killing of Cecil drove other big-game hunters away from Zimbabwe, fearful they too would attract the opprobrium of the public.

But in what is being described as a side-effect of the affair, Zimbabwe's largest wildlife area says it now finds itself suffering from an overpopulation of lions.

Bubye Valley Conservancy has more than 500 lions, the largest number in Zimbabwe's diminishing wildlife areas.

It has warned that its lion population has become unsustainable and that it may even have to cull around 200 as a result of what is being called "the Cecil effect".

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11593611

wont other wildlife sanctuaries take some in?

I will gladly adopt / fund a lion.

Also possible false flag in order to get game hunters to come back and spend some money?

It doesn't really matter as long as a whole bunch of people got to bask in each others moral supremacy for awhile. It's a helluva drug.

It doesn't really matter as long as a whole bunch of people got to bask in each others moral supremacy for awhile. It's a helluva drug.

They will be shown by God how wrong they truly were.

Africa's lion population is a fraction of what is was. I am sure they could find a place for these lions. 450k Lions now 20k, but we have to many. Right.

wont other wildlife sanctuaries take some in?

I will gladly adopt / fund a lion.

Also possible false flag in order to get game hunters to come back and spend some money?
the rest of the article said they were looking into relocating them

Africa's lion population is a fraction of what is was. I am sure they could find a place for these lions. 450k Lions now 20k, but we have to many. Right.
if the land can't sustain them they can't exist. I hunted Africa a few years ago, the places that allowed hunting had plenty of game, the areas that didn't were poached out. lions can't live in areas that aren't managed, its all about money, that equals conservation.

Is there enough prey around that area to support more than 20k?

if the land can't sustain them they can't exist. I hunted Africa a few years ago, the places that allowed hunting had plenty of game, the areas that didn't were poached out. lions can't live in areas that aren't managed, its all about money, that equals conservation.

The hunting = money = management is prob true in some cases. But given the tiny population, I'm sure 200 lions could find a home.

It's weird that originally they said Cecil was lured off the reserve because they had killed ask the lions in the neighboring land. A year later there's so many that they have to kill 200

I could tell you what killed the lions but don't think you can handle it.

What u think is irrelevant, I doubt agriculture and poaching are going to upset me.

It's weird that originally they said Cecil was lured off the reserve because they had killed ask the lions in the neighboring land. A year later there's so many that they have to kill 200

'A year later money coming in from canned shooting vacations has dropped and something needs to be done to bring back that revenue.'

Boom. Article re-named and entire 'problem' explained in one sentence.

Back