'The Cecil effect': 200 lions to be shot

What u think is irrelevant, I doubt agriculture and poaching are going to upset me.
Foreign aid to the black Africans is what killed the lions, the forests and everything else. Without foreign aid they would have never had the population boom to upwards of 1 billion people. There was balance but foreign aid fucked that all up.

You have yet to answer my question. Can Africa handle a larger population?

Can they handle 200 more lions in the entire continent? I had not answered because it's obv what I think the answer is. While the 4 countries that actually protect lions are close to capacity, we are not taking big numbers here. And if even one of the western African countries decided to get even moderately serious about poaching and protection there could be a home for them. It's a question of political will, which is of course a tough one.

Germany has pledged to take in 1 million refugee lions (as long as they are Muslim) over the next year. Angela market says this will strengthen the country and make it more multicultural.

There are already anti lion protests being held but racists who hate lions simply because they are lions. Angela Merle's has condemned these racist rallies.

Can they handle 200 more lions in the entire continent? I had not answered because it's obv what I think the answer is. While the 4 countries that actually protect lions are close to capacity, we are not taking big numbers here. And if even one of the western African countries decided to get even moderately serious about poaching and protection there could be a home for them. It's a question of political will, which is of course a tough one.

Since the areas that are protected are at capacity the options are either ship them to other areas where they will be poached or they could cull them and make money off of them to help pay for further conservation.
It's Africa, everyone knows everyone is corrupt. If this is the only way to further conservation, then so be it. Does it suck? Yes it does. If you want bigger areas for the lions, open your pocket book.
Should it be accepted that Africa is corrupt? No, but that's the way it is and we're a long way from correcting it. Saving lions is pretty low in the budget in most of these countries.

What people don't understand is that in Africa, they see lions as a nuisance. They kill livestock and people. When Americans cried over Cecil, most people from the area didn't even know the lion had a name. They don't care.

I'm all for preserving wildlife, but people who think hunters serve no role in maintaining a balanced ecosystem. There are many animals that need to be hunted to keep their population in check. I would love to have lions around for a long time, but as Africa gets more populated dangerous animals like that just won't make it. I see lions future being limited to private zoos and game reserves in certain areas.

Foreign aid to the black Africans is what killed the lions, the forests and everything else. Without foreign aid they would have never had the population boom to upwards of 1 billion people. There was balance but foreign aid fucked that all up.

Yet Botswana, Zambia, and Nambia have received plenty of aid in the past and lion populations are stable there.

There is a correlation between aid and population growth in Africa but to go from that to "aid to the Blackman killed the lion" is laughable.

Populations would have grown (albeit arguable at.a slower rate) massively without aid and without protection, lions would still be under threat, but hey whatever fits your narrative about the folly of helping "black Africans".

Since the areas that are protected are at capacity the options are either ship them to other areas where they will be poached or they could cull them and make money off of them to help pay for further conservation.
It's Africa, everyone knows everyone is corrupt. If this is the only way to further conservation, then so be it. Does it suck? Yes it does. If you want bigger areas for the lions, open your pocket book.
Should it be accepted that Africa is corrupt? No, but that's the way it is and we're a long way from correcting it. Saving lions is pretty low in the budget in most of these countries.

Sure that is the reality and is does suck, at some point the conservations have to expand or cull in some way. But there is def room for 200 more lions in Africa, pressure and money should be brought to bear so that killing an endangered species is the last option. Nothing u said here is unreasonable I just get the feeling that "culling the heard" maybe a goto for the hunters.

if the land can't sustain them they can't exist. I hunted Africa a few years ago, the places that allowed hunting had plenty of game, the areas that didn't were poached out. lions can't live in areas that aren't managed, its all about money, that equals conservation.
Hunters and ranchers like to paint themselves as the best conservationists but that isn't necessarily soo. If , like commerical fishermen, we gave hunters free reign , then a lot os species would go extinct or become soo severely depleted that there wouldn't be commerical hunting anyways.

Yes sometimes ranchers and hunters do contribute to the wellbeing of the enviroment but other times they don't.

Hunters and ranchers like to paint themselves as the best conservationists but that isn't necessarily soo. If , like commerical fishermen, we gave hunters free reign , then a lot os species would go extinct or become soo severely depleted that there wouldn't be commerical hunting anyways.

Yes sometimes ranchers and hunters do contribute to the wellbeing of the enviroment but other times they don't.

And what have you done for wildlife conservation?

And what have you done for wildlife conservation?

He does not have to do anything to refute a premise someone is making on a political forum. What have you done?

you're confusing America with Africa, regulation by the government has helped conservation in the US, but it is hunters and ranchers that do the heavy lifting....money
Africa is basically a free market system, unfortunately poachers also set a false sense of monetary value robbing natural resources via the black market values

you're confusing America with Africa, regulation by the government has helped conservation in the US, but it is hunters and ranchers that do the heavy lifting....money
Africa is basically a free market system, unfortunately poachers also set a false sense of monetary value robbing natural resources via the black market values
If the US government allowed free reign by ranchers, in the near future they would undermine the ability of the land to support grazing and wildlife. The heavy lifting is done by the BLM, they are funded partly by fees ranchers pay and partly from other government budgets.

If the US government allowed free reign by ranchers, in the near future they would undermine the ability of the land to support grazing and wildlife. The heavy lifting is done by the BLM, they are funded partly by fees ranchers pay and partly from other government budgets.
you're a victim of sherdog propaganda

And every rancher is like Cliven Bundy...

Yet Botswana, Zambia, and Nambia have received plenty of aid in the past and lion populations are stable there.

Are you claiming that Botswana, Zambia and Nambia (sic) - which I think you were referring to Namibia there? - do not employ any form of systematic culls on lions?

Hunters do more then anyone to manage animal populations. all these SJW's can suck a cock. and FUCK CECIL, ask those africans if they give a flying fuck about Cecil.

It is the country where Cecil the lion was killed, sparking international anger against the American dentist who shot him.

The outcry over Walter Palmer's killing of Cecil drove other big-game hunters away from Zimbabwe, fearful they too would attract the opprobrium of the public.

But in what is being described as a side-effect of the affair, Zimbabwe's largest wildlife area says it now finds itself suffering from an overpopulation of lions.

Bubye Valley Conservancy has more than 500 lions, the largest number in Zimbabwe's diminishing wildlife areas.

It has warned that its lion population has become unsustainable and that it may even have to cull around 200 as a result of what is being called "the Cecil effect".

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11593611
I'm supposed to believe that something that happened in July 2015 ended hunting, and that in those 7 months, which would be a single generation of new lion cubs, at most 4 months old, not even at the age of hunting maturity, has caused some remarkable upshift in the lion population (apparently 40% beyond a prior ceiling) that is decimating prey and natural ecological balance in the reserve?

My funny bone is tickling. Sounds to me like the money faucet got turned off and the wildlife area managers are trying to get into the headlines.

There's quite a bit of revenue that comes in from stamped ivory, harvested legally after elephant culls. But it's always going to be cheaper to buy illegal ivory.

Back