The car/vehicle that you most regret buying/leasing

Every car I've had has been an older Volvo before Ford or whoever bought them up. I had a 93 940 sedan that the speedometer, odometer, gas gauge, windows, and basically anything to do with peripheral electronics did not work. However, it always started up and ran fine. Now I have a 93 Volvo Turbo Brick, bought for $2000 bucks invested probably $1000 just with the waterpump, belts, tires, etc. and have put 50k miles on it. Worth it to me.

None really. Have only had 5 cars on my life, have a 2010 and 2013 now and both very good cars. Maybe my first car when I was 18, a 1984 Cadillac Coupe De Ville. Was a crap beater but paid $400 for it, only last me a year or so.

2000 infiniti g20 for me. Turning radius was garbage and the cup holder was useless. Other than that it was pretty quick, reliable and got good mpg.

I had an I30 and an Altima. Both were great but the turning radius was horrible.

2008 BMW 328. The car was only three years old at the time and had barely over 40K. It looked sexy. Black exterior and red interior. Everyday it would have some sort of problem, nothing major like a headlight wouldn't work or the AC would stop working. I was lucky that it was under a warranty or I would have been boned. Never buying BMW again, unless it's a lease.

98 Mercedes Vito. 2.1 diesel, was slow as shit, the transmission kept getting stuck, the electrics would randomly cut out and the doors would lock you in for no reason. Biggest POS I ever had

My 95 XJ6 Jag is running solid since I got it. In 5/2012. My best car was my 84 Buick electra damn thing was a metal brick.

I bought a 99 z71 about 10 years ago...It came from the north. BIg piece of shit rust bucket. The thing literally fell apart

bi_autogo.jpg

a 3,000lb motorcycle with training wheels. the worst $90,000 i ever spent

I have only ever owned a 1999 Toyota Tercel, which is still running and is amazing, but my dad bought a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder in 2000, and that thing just started to fall apart like nobody's business. 2006, everything stopped working on it. The transmission went and the thing wouldn't even engage the reverse gear. He traded it in for a Toyota, and when he brought it to the dealer, he parked it in a drive-through spot so the dealer wouldn't have to engage the reverse gear when they checked it out (don't ask me why they didn't in general). He gets a call a week later, complaining that the car didn't have engage the reverse gear, to which he says "Hey, you're the ones who bought it from me. I didn't say anything about the reverse gear. Why did you buy it?". He can never buy from that dealer again.

I have only ever owned a 1999 Toyota Tercel, which is still running and is amazing, but my dad bought a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder in 2000, and that thing just started to fall apart like nobody's business. 2006, everything stopped working on it. The transmission went and the thing wouldn't even engage the reverse gear. He traded it in for a Toyota, and when he brought it to the dealer, he parked it in a drive-through spot so the dealer wouldn't have to engage the reverse gear when they checked it out (don't ask me why they didn't in general). He gets a call a week later, complaining that the car didn't have engage the reverse gear, to which he says "Hey, you're the ones who bought it from me. I didn't say anything about the reverse gear. Why did you buy it?". He can never buy from that dealer again.

That was a common Nissan problem. Our 1996 Altima had it happen and because it was a recall item the dealership (not the one I bought from) replaced it. We did have to show them that NHTSA safety alert.

Anything with the name Dodge on it. After owning two, I have come to the conclusion the Dodge is not the brand, but actually instructions.

2001 passat, bought in 2010 for $3000. It`s had electrical issues with the door lock system (cost $800 to fix), and I personally replaced both front axles as the cv joints were busted since it has god awful turning radius. The airbag light is stuck on and now it needs a new water pump since the stock one is a cheap piece of plastic shit. With all the overheating it now may need a new head gasket, imma do a compression test to be sure.

Suffice to say I`m never buying a piece of crap vw again. That whole `german engineering' thing is marketing bs. My mom has a tacoma from the same year that has over 200k miles and hasn`t needed any repairs ever

So you're pissed because a 9 year old vehicle needs CV joints and a water pump? Then you keep driving it? I'm glad I'm not your mechanic.

The pathfinders actually have a safety recall where the front apron ( wheel house ) that supports the struts would come apart and separate from the entire truck. If nissan cannot fix it, nissan will buy the truck from you for its blue book value. Many people do not know this and ended up throwing their truck away when this happens.

My very first car. I was just happy to have ANY wheels. But looking back, I should have just bought a horse, a bike, or a bus pass.

1984 Mercury Topaz

Enough said

bi_autogo.jpg

a 3,000lb motorcycle with training wheels. the worst $90,000 i ever spent

lmao i cant stop laughing, at the bike, and i thought of some one actually paying 90,000 for that piece of shit!

So you're pissed because a 9 year old vehicle needs CV joints and a water pump? Then you keep driving it? I'm glad I'm not your mechanic.

What are u, some repair schedule elitist? I do most of my work myself so your alleged help is not needed. Both the cv joints and water pumps are notorious pieces of shit on that car, which only has 88k miles. Maybe u don`t mind replacing those sort of things at that mileage but I do.

Stupid Eclipse I bought when I was 20 for 900 bucks. I rushed to buy it because the ex was being drama about me not being able to go pick her up when she could have drove to me her damn self. I asked my dad to check it out with me and his stoned ass said it was all good...except he didn't mention that it had an intake with no MAF and the intake wasn't meant to fit the car anyways. I couldn't get the damn thing smogged because of that and had to go around from junkyard to junkyard to find an intake hose. Luckily my uncle gave me a MAF sensor. In the two years I had that POS car, I put at least 1500 into it, just so it could crap out on me because the head was cracked and I got like 200 for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back