The car/vehicle that you most regret buying/leasing

Integra Type-R. That fugger got stolen like 3 times, had to replace the wheels because all the teenie boppers loved the original rims, and had to buy a new system when those ***gy teenie bopper stole my system. Don't buy rice rockets!

Fuck that sucks.

It`s not the seal on the waterpump, it`s the cheap impeller blades and sorry, the cv joints shouldn`t break that easily. It`s the horrible turning radius that causes it.

OTOH you seem like just the fine chap who could take over the "routine maintenance" that can keep it running strong. It`s got a sunroof and the 1.8 T is pretty sweet. $1200 and it`s yours. I just bought a tl and am moving in a couple weeks anyway

Why the hell would I want to buy a VW? Unless it's a Thing I'll never own a VW.

Yeah. I've always got the same advice from friends and family or decades, but I figured that this car was built in Austria and MINI is now a BMW subsidiary so I was safe. Nope.

And yeah, it's an S. 50% more HP than the base. The non turbo model is completely gutless.

Hang on,50% more power yours is making than the base model S?
If so,that would hammer lol.

The more electrics a car has,the more chance of something going wrong.
Its not rocket science.
Its just upsetting to have a new/ish car and have to take it to the dealer all
the time!

Integra Type-R. That fugger got stolen like 3 times, had to replace the wheels because all the teenie boppers loved the original rims, and had to buy a new system when those ***gy teenie bopper stole my system. Don't buy rice rockets!

To be frank the car never done you wrong lol ,it just happened to get stolen.
Which sucks.

Every day I get into my car and every fucking day, I hate the retarded motherfucker (me) who got talked into signing the contract for this piece of shit.

Every goddamn month, this unreliable hunk of metal takes six hundred bucks out of my paycheck. For what? Cheap plastics and a car that's like playing roulette every cold morning. Just so I could drive something different from all the plebes.

I oughtta get my head checked.

Don't get me wrong, when the car is actually running, it's a joy to take out on the mountain twisties and hear the tire squeal, but half the time, the fucker aint actually running.

Which car have you bought or leased where you've thought, "I am never doing this shit again."

When I got a job straight out of graduating I put a down payment on a '98 BMW 318i, the sexiest car I've ever driven....

UNFORTUNATELY! 1 month later I hit an ice slick while driving to work and totalled it. Ended up costing me around 5 grand to ICBC and took me at least a year before I recouped my losses

99 mercury cougar, first 6 months everything went smooth not a single problem
then it was problem after problem radiator, transmission and finally the engine

Its not rocket science.
the time!

And this is why I like old Detroit iron.

Hang on,50% more power yours is making than the base model S?
If so,that would hammer lol.

Its not rocket science.
the time

Naw, I'm saying the S (turbo) had 50% more HP than the base non-turbo. The non turbo base is totally gutless. The S, I would say has adequate power for the size of the car. Barely.

What makes it worse is I'm about an hour away from the closest dealer/service center.

Naw, I'm saying the S (turbo) had 50% more HP than the base non-turbo. The non turbo base is totally gutless. The S, I would say has adequate power for the size of the car. Barely.

What makes it worse is I'm about an hour away from the closest dealer/service center.

Yeh they go well for what they are :)

Yeh that definately sucks...

Didn't see honda on this thread, which doesn't surprise me.

My 2008 honda s2000 has never broken down and rides awesome!

I've kept it bone stock, but I'm looking into getting a hard top.

As for worst car I've had, my old 2001 ford focus zx3. It wasn't terrible but wasn't on point like my s2k. It would break down periodically and was falling apart.

I've had a 92 golf, 93 N/A Talon, 89 Pathfinder 97 Pathfinder and 04 Dodge Ram. The only thing to give me real problems was the Golf.

If you don't bag a vehicle, inspect it reasonably often and do maintainence it (probably) shouldn't have the catastrophic failures that some are describing in this thread. Blowing an engine or transmission? I can honestly say the only time I have "blown" anything in a vehicle it was a result of abuse.

Didn't see honda on this thread, which doesn't surprise me.

My 2008 honda s2000 has never broken down and rides awesome!

I've kept it bone stock, but I'm looking into getting a hard top.

As for worst car I've had, my old 2001 ford focus zx3. It wasn't terrible but wasn't on point like my s2k. It would break down periodically and was falling apart.

The problems I've encountered with American cars have been cheap accessories, switches, interior components. It's annoying as shit when you have a stupid problem like a knob that keeps falling off or a glove box that won't stay closed.

2008 BMW 328. The car was only three years old at the time and had barely over 40K. It looked sexy. Black exterior and red interior. Everyday it would have some sort of problem, nothing major like a headlight wouldn't work or the AC would stop working. I was lucky that it was under a warranty or I would have been boned. Never buying BMW again, unless it's a lease.

Heh my BMW has AC problems too. Keep replacing the blower motor/thermostat etc but I can't get that shit running for any decent length of time. Always wondered if dodgy AC is just a BMW thing. I'm gonna have to pony up sometime and see if someone can find a wiring problem somewhere.

Still love that freaking car though

Convinced my ex to buy a 97 jetta back in 2000-2001 or so. Car was great till about 50k miles, then it turned into a giant POS. Never again will I own a piece of German shit like that. Sticking to Japanese or possibly American from here on out.

I sorta regret buying my 2007 Ford Fusion.

I bought it at a time where I came across some money and I was so desperate to get ANYTHING at the time and the only reason why I bought it was because I liked the color. I didn't even try to do any comparison shopping or thorough test drives on it and after a few months I really wasn't satisfied with it---it was a good car but not the right car for me. I just wish I hadn't been so compulsive and did a bit more research. I couldn't wait to get rid of it! I paid it off fast in 3 years.

Last edited:
Heh my BMW has AC problems too. Keep replacing the blower motor/thermostat etc but I can't get that shit running for any decent length of time. Always wondered if dodgy AC is just a BMW thing. I'm gonna have to pony up sometime and see if someone can find a wiring problem somewhere.

Still love that freaking car though

Beemers do look good though. What year is yours?

The problems I've encountered with American cars have been cheap accessories, switches, interior components. It's annoying as shit when you have a stupid problem like a knob that keeps falling off or a glove box that won't stay closed.

This isn't the 80s/early 90s anymore. Japanese and american made cars source many of the the same suppliers. all of the interior trim and buttons are now cheaper. I had a 1996 Altima. the material and buttons in that car were MUCH better quality than the modern day Altima. Completely different level of quality.

2000 Nissan maxims. Bought it 2010 and it caused me nothing but problems.

i had one of these and it was the biggest POS.

my biggest regret though was buying a 96 impala ss, it was an awesome car but i shouldn't have parted with 15K for it. i wish i would have gotten something cheaper and saved more money.

Back