Television THE BOYS (Spinoff Series VOUGHT RISING Starring Jensen Ackles in the Works, post #4387)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Everyone, just take a deep breath. It's just a T.V. show that's going to end next season. Is it ham-fisted at times? YES! Am I entertained overall? YES! But that's just me.

If you're looking for the meaning of life out of this show, I got news for you...

It ain't happenin'

Just relax and enjoy the ride, bumps and all.

It's just a T.V. show that I hope ends with a BANG!

tumblr_mpw14zYSog1r9eu80o1_400.gif

I find myself fast forwarding now. I'm sick of Frenchie, Kimiko, Hughie, and Starlight. Butcher's starting to annoy me too but I don't FF his scenes yet. Homelander is amazing as always. Deep, Newman, A train, Ashley and Sage are my other favs. I wish Soldier Boy was still around too, he was very entertaining. So far this season is like 4/10 for me so far, hoping it picks up and we get even more Homelander.
I am having a hard time even finishing a single episode. I used to want to watch season 1 episodes 3 times before a new one came out im not even going to rewatch this season.

They made butcher a wimp with his cancer shenanigans in previous seasons he was more menacing and badass. The whole butthurt step dad story line is so pussy too.

Series fell off a cliff. it's just endless grossness as organizing principle.
i found myself fast forwarding over certain parts, which never happened before.
season 1 was a 9/10.
this is a 2/10.
Abysmal writing.
In previous seasons at least the zany violence and sex scenes had a reason this seasons rim job human centipede just came out of nowhere.

Last edited:
So I enjoyed the latest episode but does anyone find it a bit weird that Starlight's sexual assault was treated as this horrific thing that's been brought up multiple seasons after it's happened, but Hughie's sexual assault was played up for laughs? I don't mind either way it's just inconsistent.

Well this is social commentary and that is consistant with real life.

I'm going to give this fallout show I try. I'm coming from an unbiased POV because I didn't play the games.

Stormfront wasn't Eva Bruan. She was Reinhard Heydrich with great tits. ;)

I've been in love with Aya Cash since I saw her in You're the Worst.

She plays a clinically depressed character who's both hilarious and tragic. The show was a straight up dark comedy in the first season and they revealed her condition halfway through the second. It makes perfect sense with the show, Cash and the male lead play shitty people who just want to drink and fuck and don't care about anyone, including each other; her needing the extremes just to feel ANYTHING turned the show from an amusing comedy into so much more.

When she crashes and finally has no choice but to tell him about her condition she delivers a short monologue I'll never forget.

Gretchen: I can't say it again. I can't.
Jimmy: I just still can't understand. Can you...can you explain it to me, please?
Gretchen: I'm scraped out. I'm... that car we sent to Mars, flipped upside down so the sun can't reach my solar panels. I've always been able to flip myself back over eventually but...I ran out of times. This is how I am now. And it's not okay with you. Nor should it be.
Jimmy: Okay. Well...I suppose it's good that this happened now, instead of like... ten years down the line.
Gretchen: Yeah.
Jimmy: I'll be back in a couple of days.
Gretchen: I'll be out by the time you get back. Have fun. You deserve it. Whoever she is.

Jimmy had no idea what had been going on and because he's one of the worst he was going away for the weekend with a hot ski girl, which she encouraged, when she told him. He leaves her alone in their apartment, but comes back, because he can't leave her.

Whenever I saw Stormfront I couldn't forget THIS girl.

I doubt anyone in this thread would like this show but I loved it.

So I enjoyed the latest episode but does anyone find it a bit weird that Starlight's sexual assault was treated as this horrific thing that's been brought up multiple seasons after it's happened, but Hughie's sexual assault was played up for laughs? I don't mind either way it's just inconsistent.

Yeah it's not cool.

I know people that are done with the show because the showrunner came out and said the Hughie sexual assault was "hilarious" and meant to be that way.

I've been in love with Aya Cash since I saw her in You're the Worst.

She plays a clinically depressed character who's both hilarious and tragic. The show was a straight up dark comedy in the first season and they revealed her condition halfway through the second. It makes perfect sense with the show, Cash and the male lead play shitty people who just want to drink and fuck and don't care about anyone, including each other; her needing the extremes just to feel ANYTHING turned the show from an amusing comedy into so much more.

When she crashes and finally has no choice but to tell him about her condition she delivers a short monologue I'll never forget.

Gretchen: I can't say it again. I can't.
Jimmy: I just still can't understand. Can you...can you explain it to me, please?
Gretchen: I'm scraped out. I'm... that car we sent to Mars, flipped upside down so the sun can't reach my solar panels. I've always been able to flip myself back over eventually but...I ran out of times. This is how I am now. And it's not okay with you. Nor should it be.
Jimmy: Okay. Well...I suppose it's good that this happened now, instead of like... ten years down the line.
Gretchen: Yeah.
Jimmy: I'll be back in a couple of days.
Gretchen: I'll be out by the time you get back. Have fun. You deserve it. Whoever she is.

Jimmy had no idea what had been going on and because he's one of the worst he was going away for the weekend with a hot ski girl, which she encouraged, when she told him. He leaves her alone in their apartment, but comes back, because he can't leave her.

Whenever I saw Stormfront I couldn't forget THIS girl.

I doubt anyone in this thread would like this show but I loved it.

Great show sucks that Hulu is hoarding it the only episode I didn't watch was the final one.

If you're looking for the meaning of life out of this show, I got news for you...

It ain't happenin'

Gaslighting those who have an opposing viewpoint than yourself over a TV show.

You should ask this Forbes critic - "Why are you searching for the meaning of life in The Boys?"

‘The Boys’ Is Putting Shock Value Over Story, And It’s Going Poorly​

"Season 4 of The Boys is nearly over, and things are starting to go a bit off the rails. Not in a fun, wacky way as we usually see from the show but in a way that’s just…unpleasant and bad."
"The Boys trying to out-do itself not by better storylines or character moments, but by just being…gross. But in a way that doesn’t really work at all."
"The more I watch the current iteration of The Boys, the more I realize just how much better Gen V’s first season was by comparison. That show has plenty of gore and sex but it’s not the main focus, as it also has a coherent storyline and characters you want to root for. If The Boys ever had that, it’s now turned them into an abused Hughie and a powerless Starlight. Now, the show is trying to give A-Train some sort of redemption arc that, given the nature of the show, seems like it will be setting him up to be violently killed off shortly thereafter."
"There’s only one more season of The Boys after this, at least with this cast as the series moves to spin-offs. But at this point, I’m much more looking forward to Gen V season 2 than whatever happens next here."

You should ask this Forbes critic - "Why are you searching for the meaning of life in The Boys?"

"Season 4 of The Boys is nearly over, and things are starting to go a bit off the rails. Not in a fun, wacky way as we usually see from the show but in a way that’s just…unpleasant and bad."
"The Boys trying to out-do itself not by better storylines or character moments, but by just being…gross. But in a way that doesn’t really work at all."
"The more I watch the current iteration of The Boys, the more I realize just how much better Gen V’s first season was by comparison. That show has plenty of gore and sex but it’s not the main focus, as it also has a coherent storyline and characters you want to root for. If The Boys ever had that, it’s now turned them into an abused Hughie and a powerless Starlight. Now, the show is trying to give A-Train some sort of redemption arc that, given the nature of the show, seems like it will be setting him up to be violently killed off shortly thereafter."
"There’s only one more season of The Boys after this, at least with this cast as the series moves to spin-offs. But at this point, I’m much more looking forward to Gen V season 2 than whatever happens next here."

I think the goal was to transition to Gen-v/Gen-z which is a demographic that has much more free time to watch and analyze shows.

Dude...

It ends next season and I doubt anyone will be dissecting this in film school. It's just a "What if superheroes were real and they could do whatever they wanted, just as long as their handlers were making money?"

I'm not looking for "Lawrence of Arabia" or "Throne of Blood." I'm just enjoying the roller coaster ride for what it is.

Dude...

It ends next season and I doubt anyone will be dissecting this in film school.

First, that's not a counter argument to anything in my post you quoted.

Second, you've been on Sherdog for 18 years and don't know how in-depth we've discussed TV shows over the years?

Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
And how many other series had their own dedicated discussion threads over the years?
How many of them are being dissecting them in film school? And since when is that a standard argument in one of these threads?

Third, I don't, nor have I ever, cared about what shows are being discussed in film schools. Though it wouldn't be surprising to be if nowandays if Transformer movies, the Fast & Furious movies, and the Star Wars sequel trilogy are now considered classics and worthy of being studied.

It's just a "What if superheroes were real and they could do whatever they wanted, just as long as their handlers were making money?"
Yes, and how do you think with that premise the show has developed a fanbase for three high-quality seasons and a successful spin-off?

Were those seasons & spin-off worth criticizing?
And addressing those criticisms with -"It's just a "What if superheroes were real and they could do whatever they wanted, just as long as their handlers were making money?" - be a worthy response?
Why is it just now, to you, a worthy response to criticism?

I'm not looking for "Lawrence of Arabia" or "Throne of Blood." I'm just enjoying the roller coaster ride for what it is.
Okay... and that's you.
Myself, apparently several others in this thread, and even professional critics like that one from Forbes see this show as being worthy of discussion - the praises, criticisms, and what & how the show could have done better.

If its a show you want to turn your brain off and just watch like its a Transformer, Fast&Furious, or Disney Star Wars movie then this is a thread you should avoid because we prefer discussions beyond - "Explosions were good. Super hero is actually bad hero. I need my diaper changed."

Easily one of, if not the worst episode of the show. Every single scene was awful, and it was never a subtle show, but ffs they are just trying way too hard to be gross and obscene.

It was really hard to watch this one.

Back