Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Teaser Trailer, post #3575)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
overall, super impressed with both seasons of this show

This + Bosch being the only Amazon originals i got really into, both extremely well written

You should check out The Expanse.

The-way-I-see-it-theres-only-three-kinds-of-people-in-this-world.-Bad-ones-ones-you-follow-and-ones-you-need-to-protect.png

One of the most complex supporting characters I've seen in a long while.

Guy staring down Amos - "You and me, we're going to make each other bleed one day."

Amos - "Well I'm not doing anything right now, let's go."

Guy backs away.

Think about this for a minute.

If you can watch this show, regardless of whether or not you were familiar with the source material (which heavily bashed GW Bush, fascism, and rabid nationalism), and you see the writers clearly trying to make the point that "fascism is bad" and you walk away with the conclusion "these Hollywood liberals are attacking Trump" and you feel the need to defend that...

You're not defending Trump.

They never mentioned Trump.

There was no character who was a parody of Trump.

You're defending fascism at that point.

Now, ask yourself, if to me an attack on fascism is an attack on Trump and my beliefs........

am I personally slipping into being a supporter of fascism?

You're really reaching there.

Those scenes were pretty on the nose. Simply pointing out how the commentary is not subtle enough is not defending Trump or fascism

You should check out The Expanse.

The-way-I-see-it-theres-only-three-kinds-of-people-in-this-world.-Bad-ones-ones-you-follow-and-ones-you-need-to-protect.png

One of the most complex supporting characters I've seen in a long while.

Guy staring down Amos - "You and me, we're going to make each other bleed one day."

Amos - "Well I'm not doing anything right now, let's go."

Guy backs away.

Man, that scene was amazing. I love Amos as a character. The best part about the character is the guy playing him is such a softie and so nice in real life.

Dunno if that has been posted already, but thought it would be interesting for the people who claimed there was no set up for the Victoria Neuman reveal.

Dunno if that has been posted already, but thought it would be interesting for the people who claimed there was no set up for the Victoria Neuman reveal.

He's reaching. There is no sign of the white eyes during the hearing massacre. Yeah, you could theorise that was because she was killing them at point blank range, or that she was wearing contacts to hide her powers. But at the end of the day, this was a twist like Arya killing Frost Maul: no viewer could reasonably have been expected to see it coming.

He's reaching. There is no sign of the white eyes during the hearing massacre. Yeah, you could theorise that was because she was killing them at point blank range, or that she was wearing contacts to hide her powers. But at the end of the day, this was a twist like Arya killing Frost Maul: no viewer could reasonably have been expected to see it coming.
The white eyes thing is definitely a reach, but her staring at everyone in the courtroom before they died was definitely a sign. You'd have to be paying ridiculously close attention and even then you wouldn't know and could only guess, but it was something. I do like the clue in the first episode as well where Hughie asks if they know who could do that and it immediately cuts to her talking on the news lol

Hughie is supposed to be in his early twenties but looks like he's in his mid thirties

I'm caught up finally. The finale was fun, lazy writing but fun nonetheless. I like when shows aren't always happy endings, it makes it seem more realistic.

What I liked:
- Stormfront's white genocide talk was so authentic. That's exactly how those kooks sound. Homelander's "okaaaaay" look was priceless.
tenor.gif

- Maeve calling Hughie a twink. "I'd split that shit like dry firewood!"
- Yasss! Girl power, fighting scene.
- Homelander Jr. freaking out from being around the crowd, good detail to add
- "That's a white man's luxury" line from Stan (Gus Fring)
- Becca dying - Idk, I was getting tired of the Becca storyline, I was starting to feel like she wasn't worth the stress. Lol. Although I feel bad because nothing good has happened to her since she's been raped.

What I DIDN'T like:

- I'm so FUCKIN' SICK AND FUCKIN' TIRED OF QUEEN MAEVE EX MACHINA APPEARING OUT OF NO FUCKIN WHERE TO SAVE THE FUCKIN' DAY :mad::mad::mad:
69fyg.jpg

Seriously... this is the 3rd time they did that shit with her character alone. Stop the lazy goddamn writing already!

-Yasss! Girl power, Avengers-like fighting scene

- Becca escaping suburban Alcatraz. If the show tells us that it's some air tight fortress, fine... I'll grant you that Butcher can break in and escape because he's got a particular set of skills, they've established that. I don't buy that some housewife could ninja her way out of there while an army is looking for her.

- Becca being able to stab Stormfront... So she's invulnerable to bullets but not knives?

- Mother's Milk and Becca surviving Stormfront throwing the car (let alone being able to run around right after that) is nothing short of plot armor.

- Butcher surviving Stormfront's lightning attack is plot armor of the highest degree.

- We get that Stormfront is a Nazi, please stop beating us over the head with it... The shows like "She's a bad person, right guys... hate her... Nazis are bad... right? right? Look she's with Hitler.. baaaaad."

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back