Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Teaser Trailer, post #3575)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
unfortunately everything has been very inconsistent. For example, HL has super hearing, but when starlight and stormfront are in the trailer talking he wasn’t aware of what they’re were saying. To me, HL is way more intimidating when he’s spying on everyone.

Maybe it works when he's trying? For example, superman (who homelander seems heavily based on) hears so much that he has to "shut it off".

Also in the first season he was extremely controling and wanted to know everything about his team but in season 2 its like we are watching a different HL. -Id also imagine if he heard noise coming from the trailer of Stormfront he would eavesdrop. Judging by what we know of him.

Possibly the slowest episode so far, but when they kicked it up a gear, it was great.

- Kimiko slowly ripping off the guy's face was brutal:eek:

- Nice piss take of the DC Movies, "That Joss re-write really shines".

- The, "girls get it done" scene is an obvious reference to the cringe-inducing moment in Endgame.

- Called it! I knew the scene of Homelander slaughtering the crowd was a fantasy:)

- Looks like Lamplighter is coming out of retirement...

- Glad they didn't nerf Black Noir. Loved how he didn't bother to avoid the explosives. He just walked through them because he knew they couldn't hurt him. Then kicked the shit out of the boys without breaking a sweat.

- Homelander and Stormfront bumping uglies after four episodes of foreplay. I told you guys Hate Sex is awesome!:D Joking aside, I knew Stormfront was a top tier Supe, but she might be even more powerful than I thought. It didn't look like Homie was pulling his punches much when he lasered her fucking tits. Was that an Eminem song on the soundtrack?

- "Oi, Terror? Fuck it!"<45>

Last edited:
Possibly the slowest episode so far, but when they kicked it up a gear, it was great.

- The, "girls get it done" scene is an obvious reference to the cringe-inducing moment in Endgame.

- Called it! I knew the scene of Homelander slaughtering the crowd was a fantasy:)

- Glad they didn't nerf Black Noir. Loved how he didn't bother to avoid the explosives. He just walked through them because he knew they couldn't hurt him. Then kicked the shit out of the boys without breaking a sweat.

- Homelander and Stormfront bumping uglies after four episodes of foreplay. I told you guys Hate Sex is awesome!:D Joking aside, I knew Stormfront was a top tier Supe, but she might be even more powerful than I thought. It didn't look like Homie was pulling his punches much when he lasered her fucking tits. Was that an Eminem song on the soundtrack?

Yeah, love the Joss Whedon jab and the Endgame reference.

Hopefully they can insert a Ray Fisher sub plot in there as well. There's already some similarities with A-Train and his film shoot. He should start a social media attack against Vought.

Lamplighter might be coming back? Did I miss something that episode?

Seasons half over and not much has happened. I was expecting the world to go to shit, but i guess not. Besides Homelander/Stormfront plot what other plot lines moved?

Starlight, Billy, Kimiko, Hughie all spinning wheels last few episodes.

Hahaha, glad they showed Terror and Butcher got to use the “Fuck It” line.

In the comics, The Boys all have some kind of super strength as well...not as strong as Homelander of course..wonder why they’re keeping them human strength in the show. They’re useless against The Seven then.

The song was Dream On by Rolling Stone....Eminem has used it for his song Sing for the Moment.

Lamplighter! Wonder if they’re going to make him do the stuff he did in the comics! Will be pretty nuts!

Hahaha, glad they showed Terror and Butcher got to use the “Fuck It” line.

In the comics, The Boys all have some kind of super strength as well...not as strong as Homelander of course..wonder why they’re keeping them human strength in the show. They’re useless against The Seven then.

The song was Dream On by Rolling Stone....Eminem has used it for his song Sing for the Moment.

Lamplighter! Wonder if they’re going to make him do the stuff he did in the comics! Will be pretty nuts!

Dream on is by Aerosmith

Finished episode 4

• Seemed a bit fillerish, or at the very least, slow-paced
• I figured out who Lady Liberty was right away... The whole killing black people and "yellow bastard" comment in the last episode gave it away. (Not to mention the name and the alt right haircut)
• The Rebecca wanting to stay in Beaver Cleaver Alcatraz was stupid in my opinion.
• Frenchie teleporting out of thin air and stopping Kimiko was also stupid.
• I'm glad they clarified that Rebecca was, indeed, raped. I didn't know if they were ever gonna give a yes/no answer.
• I loved the scene with Mother's Milk and Starlight

Anyway, I enjoyed it as always.

How in the blue fuck do you not know that was an Aerosmith song?

”You cunt” ~~ Billy Butcher

This actor should be winning awards left and right. He's flippin brilliant. And obviously very well written as well. I love him. Best character on TV/whatever you want to call it right now.

He's been great.

I think a lot of the actors on this show have been outstanding.

Urban is fantastic. Always is, but I think he's especially good in this. He has that intensity behind everything he does, and I completely believe it.

Aya Cash is perfect as Stormfront. I've been in love with her since she gave one of my favorite TV monologues ever in You're the Worst, and I love every second she's on in The Boys.
Gretchen: I can't say it again. I can't.
Jimmy: I just still can't understand. Can you...can you explain it to me, please?
Gretchen: I'm scraped out. I'm... that car we sent to Mars, flipped upside down so the sun can't reach my solar panels. I've always been able to flip myself back over eventually but...I ran out of times. This is how I am now. And it's not okay with you. Nor should it be.
Jimmy: Okay. Well...I suppose it's good that this happened now, instead of like... ten years down the line.
Gretchen: Yeah.
Jimmy: I'll be back in a couple of days.
Gretchen: I'll be out by the time you get back. Have fun. You deserve it. Whoever she is.

I just realized I could go on for an hour about these characters because they're all so good. All of them. Even Colby Minifie who plays Ashley Barrett (the promoted assistant in charge of Homelander) is amazing, in what in most shows would be a paper thin, two-dimensional part.

I love Frenchie and Kimiko. Again, in a lot of shows their relationship would be cliche and predictable, and I suppose that in some ways this is, but there's a poetry about it I love. It probably goes back to the scene where Frenchie describes that beautifully imperfect woman with the dirty fingernails he couldn't forget and the reveal is that she was the first person he killed... He's an excellent character and Tomer Capon is killing it in the role, which is written so very well.

And nobody mentioned Laz Alonso's (Mother's Milk) story about ice cream with his father. I loved that scene and it really brought his character home for me.

So what's the deal with lamplight.

Pyrokinetic; he can control fire. Used to be in the Seven but, "retired" at the beginning of season 1. Frenchie was supposed to be watching him, but he fucked up and Lamplighter killed Malory's Grandchildren, burning them alive. According to Malory, "not even their teeth were left".

In the comics, to stop all out war between the Seven and the Boys, Lamplighter is sacrificed. Frenchie and Kimiko kick the shit out of him and Malory(who's a man in the comics)shoots him in the head. However, Vought use an experimental process to bring him back to life. Starlight later finds him locked in a cell in the Seven's HQ; he's brain damaged and covered in his own excrement.

And nobody mentioned Laz Alonso's (Mother's Milk) story about ice cream with his father. I loved that scene and it really brought his character home for me.

I mentioned that MM's acting wat the best part of episode 4. He just became the third actor on the show that showed off top tier talent aside from HL and BB. The Deep's method acting was pretty good when he was talking to his gills but has yet to display really moving acting.

Back