Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Returns June 13, 2024; Season 5 Will Be the Final Season)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
God damn Anthony Starr needs a fucking Emmy. His whole going home sequence… just fucking perfect. He does the unhinged part of Homelander so well. Honestly it’s up there with D’Onofrio’s Kingpin portrayal.

I love Karl Urban, but this is Starr's show, and it's not even close. You literally cannot take your eyes off Homelander whenever he's on screen.

His attempts to bond with Ryan were almost sweet and endearing...until you remember that he's basically trying to turn the poor kid into a complete psychopath like himself.

I find myself fast forwarding now. I'm sick of Frenchie, Kimiko, Hughie, and Starlight. Butcher's starting to annoy me too but I don't FF his scenes yet. Homelander is amazing as always. Deep, Newman, A train, Ashley and Sage are my other favs. I wish Soldier Boy was still around too, he was very entertaining. So far this season is like 4/10 for me so far, hoping it picks up and we get even more Homelander.
Definitely should have left the door open for soldier boy. My 2nd favourite character.

Anthony Starr steals every scene he's in. He's so smooth with Homelander's constant transitions that it's easy to take for granted just how good he is.
Went back and watched some past episodes, and I for sure took him for granted. After hearing everyone's comments, I started to actually pay attention to his acting more. The dude is magnetic, and his facial ticks, both small and large, are so damn good. Among other things. Definitely the star of the show, and the show creators cannot really be upset so many love that character when the actor is as good as he is.

Not really. He's been pretty much deleted and not mentioned again. It's possible for him to come back, but it doesn't look like that's part of any plan. Same as queen maive. Possible, but not going to happen.
He's been flashed on screen a few times..on newspapers and things like that

Simon Peggy is a good actor, but fuck me, the American accent doesn't fit him...

Really? I thought he pulled it off pretty well. But I also think American actors doing an English accent can pull that off as well, and I don't know shit about how many different dialects there are over there! lol

Really? I thought he pulled it off pretty well. But I also think American actors doing an English accent can pull that off as well, and I don't know shit about how many different dialects there are over there! lol

I'll put it this way.

I had a bag of prawn cocktail Wotsits today.

I've been eating Wotsits, an airy, cheesy potato crisp in the shape of a tube, since I was a kid. Loved them.

Prawn cocktail is also one of my favourites crisp flavours since I was a kid. Walkers are really nice, as is Skips.

It didn't work for me, because after three decades of being on this rock, I've been acclimatized to certain things, and airy prawn cocktail crisps isn't one of them.

Pegg is Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. He cannot sound any differently. If he does, it's unnatural.

I'll put it this way.

I had a bag of prawn cocktail Wotsits today.

I've been eating Wotsits, an airy, cheesy potato crisp in the shape of a tube, since I was a kid. Loved them.

Prawn cocktail is also one of my favourites crisp flavours since I was a kid. Walkers are really nice, as is Skips.

It didn't work for me, because after three decades of being on this rock, I've been acclimatized to certain things, and airy prawn cocktail crisps isn't one of them.

Pegg is Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. He cannot sound any differently. If he does, it's unnatural.

I hear ya. He was great in Shaun of the Dead. The whole crew of them were great.

I get he changed his diet and what not, but the dude who plays MM does not look healthy at all. His neck didn't look that skinny in season 4. I'm really concerned for the guy.

Last edited:
Series fell off a cliff. it's just endless grossness as organizing principle.
i found myself fast forwarding over certain parts, which never happened before.
season 1 was a 9/10.
this is a 2/10.
Abysmal writing.

I had never seen the show before, but my friends like it, and I got sucked in by watching the guy who plays Homelander's performance, since he's obviously special. So I had only seen episodes from this season.

I went back and watched the first episode of season 1 last night for the first time, figure I will just catch up on the whole series, fast forwarding a lot just to see his scenes.

I didn't end up having to fast forward anything. Crazy how much better the quality of the show was. Usually big series go the other way. Start ok, find their groove, then get great. Weird.

Meh, filler episode that just went for shock value with even more political gags. The writing’s been a little lackluster this season, barely anything’s happened. A trains redemption arc is really the only intriguing storyline.

When you wanted a Tek Knight doll to play with only for Tek Knight to make YOU into a doll to play with.

T4Y4maF.jpeg

Back