News Fernando “Pumita” Martínez vs Kazuto Ioka July 7th in Japan

ooooohh good fight. martinez is quality.
still not on ioka's level.

winner unifies all VS estrada X bam.

I can't believe odds are near even... Ioka will outbox him by his catch n counter style easily 12-0.

Great fight. Shame no one picked up the rights to it like most of Ioka's other fights.

You guys are being way too harsh on Martinez, the guy is a train and he will give anyone problems. I think he wins this impresively and then we get the Bam fight we all deserve, now that's going to be a tough ask for Pumita, Rodriguez is on his own level.

impressive performance by puma.

puma X bam is gonna be good. it can go either way.
both guys fight in a similar way. non stop hands, angles, with lots of footwork.

ioka is laser percise, against everyone he's every fought. but martinez doesn't really get hit very clean.

Incredible fight as expected.

Ioka's strategy of pressing forward in the last minute of every round and trying to overwhelm Martinez with a barrage of volume, mostly body shots and blocked head shots, was very intelligent optically and I am surprised no judges fell for it and scored the fight in his favor but by the letter of the scoring criteria the correct fighter definitely won.

Ioka was never going to be able to go punch for punch with Martinez, the kid is way too explosive, so he came in with a good game-plan that the judges in this instance did not end up rewarding.

All Martinez fights are great hopefully we get to see him vs Bam next.

Back