• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Returns June 13, 2024; Season 5 Will Be the Final Season)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
If you're a Hip-Hop fan, you have to admit that MM's T-shirt game is on point.

I still can't get over how much weight the actor lost. It's like a Heavyweight cutting down to Lightweight. I legit didn't recognise him in the trailer. Hope the guy isn't suffering from some kind of illness.

I'd rather not force fans of The Boys to view producer's comments on the equivelent to modern-day politics, so I'll put it in Spoilers.

I haven't watched Season 4's available episodes yet, but I'm not hearing positive things. And its critics aren't limited to right-wing or left wing. Usually when writers & producers are intent on inserting heavy-handed political messaging within their product it results in weakening the entertainment of the product.

I'd rather not force fans of The Boys to view producer's comments on the equivelent to modern-day politics, so I'll put it in Spoilers.

I haven't watched Season 4's available episodes yet, but I'm not hearing positive things. And its critics aren't limited to right-wing or left wing. Usually when writers & producers are intent on inserting heavy-handed political messaging within their product it results in weakening the entertainment of the product.

Have you even READ the comic?!? It was just a lambasting of G.W. Bush. Who do you think "Vic The Veep" was in the comic?

"Help my dicky hat..."

Not to get political, but the source material is the source material.

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
Have you even READ the comic?!? It was just a lambasting of G.W. Bush. Who do you think "Vic The Veep" was in the comic?

"Help my dicky hat..."

<Fedor23>

Yeah, I read most of the entire run of the comics, and yes I noticed the equivelents to the politics of that era.

Season 1-3 of The Boys had its share of equivelents, but they were more subtle and easily ignored.

And perhaps I should watch the show for myself, because the user score of Season 4 so far is only 52% on Rotten Tomatoes so while politics may not be the whole reason, as I said in my earlier post, typically the producers/writers desire to convince the audience to dislike the real-life political 'villains' becomes too high of a priority and has consequences for the overall product.

"Help my dicky hat..."

<Fedor23>
I never read the comics. Were they more like S1/2, where they made a parody/mockery of everything/everyone, while still being obvious left leaning? So far with S4 I only find it predominantly left leaning, but it was heading in that direction in S3.

Yeah, I read most of the entire run of the comics, and yes I noticed the equivelents to the politics of that era.

Season 1-3 of The Boys had its share of equivelents, but they were more subtle and easily ignored.

And perhaps I should watch the show for myself, because the user score of Season 4 so far is only 52% on Rotten Tomatoes so while politics may not be the whole reason, as I said in my earlier post, typically the producers/writers desire to convince the audience to dislike the real-life political 'villains' becomes too high of a priority and has consequences for the overall product.

I guess I just look at things differently.

I never read the comics. Were they more like S1/2, where they made a parody/mockery of everything/everyone, while still being obvious left leaning? So far with S4 I only find it predominantly left leaning, but it was heading in that direction in S3.

It was pretty much roasting everyone. The corporate structure, political establishment, healthcare, religion.

The comics spared no one.

The Goldolkin university story arc?

OGC.8c54729cabfeab1aab38eea4947d4aad

I guess I just look at things differently.

The user score of the first 3 seasons is 95%, 83%, & 75% which are relatively high for a show that is 'left-wing' mostly because it pokes fun at nearly everything.
Its an absurd world it takes place in, so that's why many of the left-wing messages are accepted by right-wing audiences.

The issue is it dances on a fine red line, and usually when a show does that it always jumps over to the left-wing side and sticks hard to it.

THAT said, (and I really should have mentioned this in my post under the spoiler) it should be noted that real-life politicans have been inspiration for characters in The Boys...

Why Is ‘The Boys’ Trying to Kill Its Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Character?​

It was pretty much roasting everyone. The corporate structure, political establishment, healthcare, religion.

The comics spared no one.

The Goldolkin university story arc?

OGC.8c54729cabfeab1aab38eea4947d4aad
Thanks man! Did they do the Gen V Uni thing in the comics too? Was it a spin off?

Regardless, I'm going to pick them up. I loved S1/2 and much of 3. Hopefully they get back on track for S4.

Thanks man! Did they do the Gen V Uni thing in the comics too? Was it a spin off?

Regardless, I'm going to pick them up. I loved S1/2 and much of 3. Hopefully they get back on track for S4.

OHHHHHH Yeahhhh.

The Gen-V season was TAME compared to that arc in the comics.

OHHHHHH Yeahhhh.

The Gen-V season was TAME compared to that arc in the comics.

I mean, tame is a bit much. It was gross in the comics but I think they were comparable. The characters sitting on a huge couch giving each other handjobs isn’t so much worse than magneto’ing the blood out of someone’s dick

Last edited:
First the writers were mad the audience liked Homelander, then they were mad the audience liked Soldier Boy, now they're mad the audience likes Firecracker and doesn't like the newest season... Seems like the writers are living on a different planet, trying to punish the audience for liking characters they should hate.
Imagine if the writers started punishing the audience for liking Tony Soprano or Walter White...

Back