• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Full Trailer, post #3621)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Removing all the asinine bias takes on Trump in your dumb ass intro post...I focused in on this statement...

"Of course they're sensitive to people mocking him..."

I don't care if you mock Trump, and I'll even share in a laugh or two. But after 4 years of the left having a tempertantrum that the 2016 election didn't go their way...WHICH INCLUDES HOLLYWOOD...I've had enough of it being jammed down my throat. But people here said this stuff was in the comics I never even knew existed before now, then so be it I guess.

If they do it equally to both sides...I guess that's fine. The show is great regardless. I could have done without another "waaa I hate Trump" narrative in yet another tv show/movie/sporting event.

That was it. And then in you walked with a oh so predictable diatribe and generalization mixed with your bias takes on Trump. And until I see an equally long winded take on the other guy who clearly has dementia and can't even count to three. Who ACTUALLY GRABBED THEM BY THE PUSSY and who waves at empty fields and says stupid shit like "the public doesn't need to know my opinion". A guy who nominated a running mate based firstly on her gender and race...(lol) A bitch who made her career sending innocent (mostly black) individuals to jail long term for profit and blocked evidence to keep them there. She has a good chance of actually running the show at some point - then you are nothing but a race horse with blinders on. Who's opinion has been molded by fake news.

But you keep on the narrative that orange man is bad because CNN took a clip of something he said and spun it into something they called racist. And oh ya...he said something about grabbing pussy once in 2005.

Thumbs up to you, buddy!

I said you guys were sensitive and look at you go, proving my point with every word.

You don't see how much the show mocks the left because you're blinded by your own bias. The show isn't partisan, it mocks everyone, and showed incredible restraint in not mocking Trump on any level. "Make America great again" isn't mocking Trump or even America, it's mocking Fascism. It's the exact same rallying cry every fascist state in history has used to get support of the people. We were once great, we are not any more, give me the power to restore greatness. This sentiment is always coupled with an enemy of the people that can be targeted and scapegoated. In this case, it's suit terrorists. What you probably don't realize is that this type of rhetoric often comes from the left, it's marxist to the core.

The show has been illustrating how insidious marxist philosophies can be using the Church. They have indoctrinated and attempted homogenized different characters, and have been shown to be duplicitous and power hungry. The show has a lot going on from a number of angles.

Yet all you complained about was Trump bashing, which we never saw. Why... Because you're sensitive, as I pointed out.

You accused me of getting my view from CNN, which is hilarious. CNN and MSNBC are as bad as Fox, and that's not where I look for any level of understanding. Trump's been on my radar for decades and he has a storied history of being a duplicitous psychopath. He had always been an infamous liar, and when he won the election, I realized America had passed the tipping point of stupidity.

You saying you're voting for him because he was the only one brave enough to push back against the narrative of systemic racism is probably the single most naive thing I've seen someone post on Sherdog.

Trump doesn't have the intellect to be that guy, but if you're interestested in listening to someone who does, you should probably check out what Sam Harris has to say on the subject.

I said you guys were sensitive and look at you go, proving my point with every word.

You don't see how much the show mocks the left because you're blinded by your own bias. The show isn't partisan, it mocks everyone, and showed incredible restraint in not mocking Trump on any level. "Make America great again" isn't mocking Trump or even America, it's mocking Fascism. It's the exact same rallying cry every fascist state in history has used to get support of the people. We were once great, we are not any more, give me the power to restore greatness. This sentiment is always coupled with an enemy of the people that can be targeted and scapegoated. In this case, it's suit terrorists. What you probably don't realize is that this type of rhetoric often comes from the left, it's marxist to the core.

The show has been illustrating how insidious marxist philosophies can be using the Church. They have indoctrinated and attempted homogenized different characters, and have been shown to be duplicitous and power hungry. The show has a lot going on from a number of angles.

Yet all you complained about was Trump bashing, which we never saw. Why... Because you're sensitive, as I pointed out.

You accused me of getting my view from CNN, which is hilarious. CNN and MSNBC are as bad as Fox, and that's not where I look for any level of understanding. Trump's been on my radar for decades and he has a storied history of being a duplicitous psychopath. He had always been an infamous liar, and when he won the election, I realized America had passed the tipping point of stupidity.

You saying you're voting for him because he was the only one brave enough to push back against the narrative of systemic racism is probably the single most naive thing I've seen someone post on Sherdog.

Trump doesn't have the intellect to be that guy, but if you're interestested in listening to someone who does, you should probably check out what Sam Harris has to say on the subject.

I actually mentioned that I took notice of it's jabs at sjw identity nonsense and to that end, it's refreshing. But since you love your own narratives you either glossed over it or just remoulded that to your own bullshit truth.

Lol.

Last edited:
I actually mentioned that I took notice of it's jabs at sjw identity nonsense and to that end, it's refreshing. But since you love your own narratives you either glossed over it or just remoulded that to your own bullshit truth.

Lol.

People have been taking jabs at “SJW” culture for at least 5 years now. How you could find it “refreshing” at this point is a mystery to me.

That's what happens when you're a super powered being raised in a bubble. It's tragic too. He could've been a man of the future, instead of what he is.

Yeah, if he'd been raised by parents like Martha and Jonathon Kent, he might have turned out to be a true hero. That's what makes the scene where he talks about his fake, All American backstory - brought up on a farm, Baseball games, building model airplanes with his dad etc - so sad.

I don't understand that congress woman's agenda, or how she blew up the heads in the room without her eyes turning white.

The more I think about the, "twist" the more it pisses me off. When she Scanners the head of the Church of the Collective, she's standing still and her eyes turn white. When the people at the hearing start getting Scannered, her eyes don't change. Also, it appears she can use her power almost instantly, while Mallory is trying to drag her out of the room.

People have been taking jabs at “SJW” culture for at least 5 years now. How you could find it “refreshing” at this point is a mystery to me.

Ya not seeing it so much.

I see shit like the gillette commercials but not so much taking shots at forced diversity

Starting to feel a little bit sorry for Homelander. The guy who plays him is an amazing actor.

This. Homelander's a monster and Stormfront is even worse. Yet there are fleeting moments where you can almost feel sorry for them. Like Homelander trying desperately to be a good father to his son, even though he has no idea how to do it, since he was raised as a lab rat. Or Stormfront grieving for her daughter, who she had to watch grow old and die.

"Everyone I've ever loved is in the ground"

In her last moments, mutilated and burned, Stormfront doesn't rant about her Nazi ideology or curse her enemies. She doesn't beg for mercy. She simply remembers her happiest moment: sitting under an apple tree with her beloved husband and daughter on a beautiful summer's day.

None of this makes her or Homelander any less vile, of course. They are irredeemable monsters, responsible for the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of innocent men, women and children. But the writing and performances are so good they avoid making them one dimensional characters. Which in turn makes them even more disturbing.

Sympathy for the Devil, indeed.

I wonder if we find out in season 3 that it was a stray bullet from Butcher that killed Becca

I'm pretty sure that Becca dies because Stormfront was choking her so hard her fingers punctured through her neck. She was bleeding right where Stormfront's fingers were.

I'm pretty sure that Becca dies because Stormfront was choking her so hard her fingers punctured through her neck. She was bleeding right where Stormfront's fingers were.

I thought it was shrapnel from one of the trees that exploded after Ryan went Full Brightburn, but you could be right. Or split the difference: when Ryan lasered Stormfront, the shock was so great she tore out Becca's throat.

This. Homelander's a monster and Stormfront is even worse. Yet there are fleeting moments where you can almost feel sorry for them. Like Homelander trying desperately to be a good father to his son, even though he has no idea how to do it, since he was raised as a lab rat. Or Stormfront grieving for her daughter, who she had to watch grow old and die.

"Everyone I've ever loved is in the ground"

In her last moments, mutilated and burned, Stormfront doesn't rant about her Nazi ideology or curse her enemies. She doesn't beg for mercy. She simply remembers her happiest moment: sitting under an apple tree with her beloved husband and daughter on a beautiful summer's day.

None of this makes her or Homelander any less vile, of course. They are irredeemable monsters, responsible for the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of innocent men, women and children. But the writing and performances are so good they avoid making them one dimensional characters. Which in turn makes them even more disturbing.

Sympathy for the Devil, indeed.

The only time he’s ever seemed human is when he’s been around his son. Feels like they might be building up to some kind of redemption arc in a future series, but maybe I’m just being naive in hoping for that.

This is a legit spoiler. Click at your own peril.

Black Noir is Homlander’s clone

So since there is comics to this, does storefront come back full darthvader?

In the comics, Stormfront is killed outright (with the help of Love Sausage if I remember correctly).

BTW, re: Make America Safe Again, that is probably at least partly a poke at Trump, but it is also a poke at fascists. One of the defining features of fascism is a call to return to a mythical golden age. That's why it makes sense the line is given to Stormfront.

The only time he’s ever seemed human is when he’s been around his son. Feels like they might be building up to some kind of redemption arc in a future series, but maybe I’m just being naive in hoping for that.

This is a legit spoiler. Click at your own peril.

Black Noir is Homlander’s clone

I know, I've read the comics. But it doesn't fit in the show. Noir is far weaker and easier to injure than Homelander.

Quite possibly. She's already proved she can heal from a certain amount of damage when she tells Homelander to laser her tits as foreplay.

"See. I told you I don't break easy".

However, coming back from the kind of injuries she received from Ryan is a different matter entirely. She may well go Full Vader and require some form of cybernetic limb replacement.

The more I think about the, "twist" the more it pisses me off. When she Scanners the head of the Church of the Collective, she's standing still and her eyes turn white. When the people at the hearing start getting Scannered, her eyes don't change. Also, it appears she can use her power almost instantly, while Mallory is trying to drag her out of the room.

I think that she can focus on one target and her eyes turn white and that she could just spam like crazy when in a crowd. I think at the hearing she was targeting the doc, then just started spamming while moving. It was just plot armor that saved Homelander, Stormfront, and Mallory.

Back