The Boxing HW Division

imarayda

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Okay so i have been googling this question and dont ever get a straight answer. Then i watch youtube videos and there are always arguements in the comment section about fighters ducking eachother or fighting cans so on and so on.

So my question, who is HW champ? or considered #1? top contenders, dark horses ect.

thanks in advance :icon_chee

Wlad Klitschko is usually the one heavy that most people consider number one, I believe he's the ring champion as well, but don't quote me. I personally think he is number one in the division. His opposition isn't always high caliber but he does fight everyone they put in front of him.

As for dark horse. Hmmm, It's a long shot but Sam Peter could possibly pull off the upset. He did knock Wlad down 3 times, and does have a punchers chance.

Right now, most people recognize as Wlad as the real hW champ with Vaiti as the number 1 contender, but since they won't fight each other it sucks.

Haye,Adzmak, Value and Provetkin all the top guys to challage either of the bothers, but none of them want to fight them. Expect maybe Adzmak,'i haven't heard of him turning down a fight yet.

Right now, most people recognize as Wlad as the real hW champ with Vaiti as the number 1 contender, but since they won't fight each other it sucks.

Haye,Adzmak, Value and Provetkin all the top guys to challage either of the bothers, but none of them want to fight them. Expect maybe Adzmak,'i haven't heard of him turning down a fight yet.

Much rather see Tomaz vs Wlad than Peter get another shot.

Much rather see Tomaz vs Wlad than Peter get another shot.

Peter is ranked higher in the IBF, so he fulfills the mandatory. Adamek will be the mandatory after this fight.

Wlad is the champ... he beat all of the belt holders besides the WBC champ, which is his brother, who won it off Sam Peter.

Some of the top guys in the division who people give at least SOME shot at beating a Klitschko

Povetkin (I don't think he'll beat a Klitschko, many think he has zero chance, but some people give him some chance. He recently backed out of a fight with Wladimir)

Haye (Has real power, also backed out of fights with Wlad and Vitali.)

Adamek (I don't think he has much of a chance, but he has a fan friendly style)

Solis (Standout amateur Cuban defector... supposed to be fighting Ray Austin in a WBC eliminator to determine who fights Vitali next... too fat, imo)

Solis (Standout amateur Cuban defector... supposed to be fighting Ray Austin in a WBC eliminator to determine who fights Vitali next... too fat, imo)

Odlanier Solis is the biggest disappointment in recent heavyweight memory. In the amateurs he could flow in and out of range, snap his jab and work off of it, and hit with some real pop if he decided to sit down. Too bad he found McDonalds. If he were willing to work and and try and maximize his potential, he'd be a major threat to anybody in the division. It's unfortunate, he should be fighting like a big Casamayor instead of a soft Tony Galento.

David Hayemaker Haye didn't back out; he's advancing in a different direction!!!

David Haye is taking the road less traveled by, and it'll make all the difference...

David Hayemaker Haye didn't back out; he's advancing in a different direction!!!

David Haye is taking the road less traveled by, and it'll make all the difference...

No... he had agreements to fight Wlad AND Vitali, and backed out against both!

11/9/2010... and the new HW champion of the world is.. Aleksandr Povetkin.

he backed out!:icon_twis

Speaking of the HWs. Yall know Chris Areaolla has a fight in two weeks on ESPN FNFs. I love watching his fights, I hope he can climb his way back to another title shot.

Speaking of the HWs. Yall know Chris Areaolla has a fight in two weeks on ESPN FNFs. I love watching his fights, I hope he can climb his way back to another title shot.

I hope he can lose some weight!

I'm considering going to the fight, as it's about 15 minutes away from me, but probably won't.

so there is three HW champs that wont fight eachother?

to be fair two of them are brothers, lets just say there are two real champs and a paper champ

where does james toney stand in all this... he is way old and fat but every other interview he talks about how the other champs are afraid of him... is he just looking for a pay day? is he like a boxing version of ken shamrock?

and why wont the haye fight any of the other champs?

where does james toney stand in all this... he is way old and fat but every other interview he talks about how the other champs are afraid of him... is he just looking for a pay day? is he like a boxing version of ken shamrock?

and why wont the haye fight any of the other champs?
Toney is past his prime and looking for a payday yes. He is at 51 in rankings on boxrec I think.

But he is not as bad as Ken Shamrock.

Haye just won his strap and looks like he wants to milk the title for all its worth because he knows he will lose to either of the bro's.

Generally the Ring magazine title is the only title that matters in Boxing.

Haye's belt is illegitimate. Wlad is the only real champ... Vitali is just a belt holder

Wlad beat

Byrd (IBF Champ)
Ibragimov (WBO Champ)
Chagaev (WBA champ who was stripped days before a title fight for "medical" reasons and fought Wlad instead of his scheduled fight against Valuev)

Haye won a vacant belt in a fight against the guy who lost to the guy Wlad beat (Chagaev).

Back