The Blueprint to defeating Jon Jones???

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Rogan and Robin Black recently broke down how to defeat a Dominick Cruz and it's got me wondering, what is the blueprint to defeating a guy who cant be defeated?

For a guy that utilizes this length very well and is essentially the GOAT.

What would you tell a guy like DC approaching this fight?

The only person I think that stands a chance is Rumble with a gas tank

Rumble with goggles beats any form of Jon Jones

Hope he lacks focus before the fight and messes up. Then take advantage of his lack of prep and hope he gasses. Praying wouldn't hurt either.

But for real if Werdum or Rumble can't beat him then no one can

lie down on your back and take a few 12-6s

Rumble has the best chance of anybody. Nothing's certain but Jones is more of an athlete than a fighter, I'd think Rumble would have the best chance of beating him. He already out wrestled DC, and I strongly favor JJ in the rematch.

Solid fluid boxing combinations, constant volume of strikes, great TDD, maybe decent takedowns mixed in occasionally.

Rumble with goggles beats any form of Jon Jones

5_Anthony_Johnson_vs._D.J._Linderman_2.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Are we still pretending eyepokes power Rumble down? They're a buff if anything at this point.

Guys, guys. The blue print was laid out years ago. Let him beat you into within an inch of your life and get himself disqualified.

Show up in a policeman's uniform, and Jones'll run right out of the Octagon and get DQ'd.

Hmm... Vitor had him in a pickle. LHW/HW with elite grappling? Werdum vs Bones at HW sounds interdasting.

I cant believe no one has come here yet to say "put Conor against him". It'll happen

Back