The best/worst presentations of MARVEL villains in film

Good : Fassbender as Magneto in First Class
Hela
Buckey
Sabretooth (Liev)

Awful: Apocalypse (fucking disgraceful)
Phoenix /Jean Grey X3

I see Ultron getting hate in here, but i disagree. I think he was a great villain in a BAD movie. He had potential, the voice acting was great ..but he was surrounded by stupid shit

i certainly can't fault Spader for Ultron, thought he was did tremendous voice acting for it

The main problem with Ultron is he was a pushover in the actual fighting. He had tons of robot bodies but they were all weak and easily overcome, even by the weakest Avengers. He would be one of their better villains if his power level had been up to par.

And wtf how come nobody has mentioned Loki? Probably the best movie villain to date.

Not marvel, but worst execution would have to go to ball sack head from The Green Lantern.
1724632-1515840_quicktimeplayer_2010_11_16_22_44_51_68_super.png

And wtf how come nobody has mentioned Loki? Probably the best movie villain to date.
Loki went from being awesome to being annoying, but not bad — kind of like Hiddelson’s career.

Not only was Prince Nuada one of the best, he might be the single greatest character created for a comic book movie - he has no comic origins.

giphy.gif

Harley Quinn was invented for a cartoon .

Rasputin was also perfect.

hellboy-rasputinarm.jpg

Ultron was the worst of the recent movies even worse than apocalypse.

He was supposed to be strong enough to take on the avengers together, but was getting solo’d every five minutes.
Plus his comic tone was stupid

Apocalypse looked terrible and everything else about him was bad. Luckily he was in a terrible movie so he didn’t stand out.

And if we're talking non-MCU then Magneto is up there as well.

Best

Hela (Thor: Ragnarok) - They made her so badass.

tumblr_oxtlovmadC1svfiimo2_540.gif

BothApprehensiveGibbon-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier) - Pretty cool how they introduced him.
giphy.gif

5-lh5C.gif

Worst

Dormammu (Dr Strange) - All that hype and he looks like a piece of wood who begs Dr Strange
Areajugones-Doctor-Strange-Dormammu-e1486483429142-810x400.jpg

Apocalypse (X:MEN Apocalypse) - Not part of MCU but highly disappointing. He sucked too
x-men-apocalypse-final-1931-180246.jpg

Lists best MCU Super Villains but doesn't include the Red Skull?

images.duckduckgo.com.gif

even ignoring the Black Panther 'first black hero' stuff, the lack of Blade I and II being discussed in overall comic book movie lore is sickening (not this site, just in general). Both of those movies are absolutely tremendous, especially given the environment they came out in and lack of success in superhero movies up to that pt

then you had Donnie Yen doing the choreography for Blade II, and people sit there w/ a straight face and say Winter Soldier had the best fight scenes. what?
I’ve never gotten into Blade II as much but I find Blade to be one of the most rewatchable movies of all time. I just love the look and atmosphere of it

Purple Man from Jessica Jones is probably the goat MCU villain up to now. Not much to look at as far as presentation goes, but damn

Galactus and Mandarin have been the worst.

Followed by Ultron and all the Dr Dooms and Apocalyse.

I thought Red Skull sucked, too.

Edit: @House by the Cemetery dropping that OG Deadpool lol. He’s in Galactus/Mandarin territory.
latest

<{danawhoah}>

Jessica Jones was pretty boring but I loved Kilgrave

I always get confused what is Marvel films but

Worst: Venom in spiderman 3. He should be a beast, over sized CGI "monster".

Best: I really like Abomination in The Hulk movie

I’ve never gotten into Blade II as much but I find Blade to be one of the most rewatchable movies of all time. I just love the look and atmosphere of it

latest

<{danawhoah}>

Jessica Jones was pretty boring but I loved Kilgrave

P4P creepiest Marvel villain. The nature of his Power, and the way he used it, was genuinely disturbing. It helps that Tennant is a brilliant actor.

P4P creepiest Marvel villain. The nature of his Power, and the way he used it, was genuinely disturbing. It helps that Tennant is a brilliant actor.
Not allowing his slaves to blink for hours and having his father almost turn the blender on his hand was brutal

Manderin being a failed actor/party animal soccer/hooligan takes the cake

Back