The best way Cowboy has to win

We are trying to establish a strategy, what we would do if we were Cowboy.
I get that neither Cowboy nor his coaches need us but who needs Sherdog anyway? we are just speculating for fun...
"Be confident and trust your skills" is not a strategy bro.
What good is a strategy that can't be effectively executed?

That may work. I think circling away from the left and making Conor chase him...not allowing Conor to be a counter puncher, which he is great at, until conor tires is a good plan. Conor will gas after 3 rounds, and assuming the fight is 5 being a main event, tho I dont know if it is a 5 rounder, making it to the 4th is cowboys best chance.
I dont think he is at a level on tds to get Conor down early. I dont think he can successfully clinch and tire Conor against the cage either during the first 3. Donald has very good kicks, but they do use a lot of energy. He should resist throwing to many until later in the fight with the exception of leg kicks. Use them to open up the high kick later in the fight. He should also look for an opportunity to get Conor to the ground after the 2nd round but not push too hard for it until the 4th. If Conor isn't tired I dont see donald taking him down unless Conor gets wobbled somehow.
Cowboy has a shit, but I'm not so sure he won't just go in trying to please the fans. He isn't an legit challenger for the belt at this point, so being calculating and using such a gameplan may not be in his mind at all. He also may believe he can knock Conor out. He should want to win, because he will get another red panty night in the rematch conor will insist upon
I guess it depends on cowboys thoughts on how long he wants to fight and if he even cares about winning, or it's all about the check. When I know he drinks budcraper even while training and doing camps, I cant think he takes it too seriously or cares about winning and moving up the ladder.

I don't think he has to worry about throwing not too many kicks. He has a good tank and Conor will get tired before him for sure.

I think Cowboy isn't the type of guy not taking a fight seriously.
And obviously he wants to leave a legacy and he knows for sure that many doubt him because he has never won a belt.
Beating the cash cow and riding off into the sunset would be huge.

is basically to not throw the right hand at all. Not at all!!!
Right hand sticked to the face no matter what.
IMO he has to fight Conor using long range weapons, which he obviously has (kicks, knees, jab).
The best option he has is bringing it to the later rounds kicking and jabbing from the outside and then once Conor starts to get tired and thus to lose the touch of death left hand (which he will) trying to wrestle, taking him down and submitting him or gnping from there.

If he stays disciplined and doesn't throw the right hand at all no matter what, his chances to win are very high IMO.
I would like to see him use the Till vs Gastelum methed for the first couple rounds. Jab, inside leg kicks, couple high kicks, and whenever Conor gets within range spam the clinch and press him against the fence. Then in round 3-4 when Conor is a bit gassed and his shoulders are tired step on the gas.

is basically to not throw the right hand at all. Not at all!!!
Right hand sticked to the face no matter what.
IMO he has to fight Conor using long range weapons, which he obviously has (kicks, knees, jab).
The best option he has is bringing it to the later rounds kicking and jabbing from the outside and then once Conor starts to get tired and thus to lose the touch of death left hand (which he will) trying to wrestle, taking him down and submitting him or gnping from there.

If he stays disciplined and doesn't throw the right hand at all no matter what, his chances to win are very high IMO.
Did you see what Nate did to Cerrone? Did you see what Conor did to Nate for 2 rounds? Now Cerrone is older, slower, his chins been cracked. Cerrone is a slow starter, hittable, chokes in big fights, and has a terrible track record against southpaw strikers.

On the feet Conor is literally one of his worst matchups.

To win he needs to grapple from bell to bell. Pull off a performance like he did against brazilian cowboy. I'm betting Cowboy via sub because the odds are amazing but if he actually stands with Conor like he said, I'd be surprised if makes it out of the first.

I don't think he has to worry about throwing not too many kicks. He has a good tank and Conor will get tired before him for sure.

I think Cowboy isn't the type of guy not taking a fight seriously.
And obviously he wants to leave a legacy and he knows for sure that many doubt him because he has never won a belt.
Beating the cash cow and riding off into the sunset would be huge.
It would definately be a great feather in his hat and a great way to go out if he is going to actually retire. You never know but I think my money's on Conor in this one. An orthodox with slow foot movement is a great matchup for Conor.

take the fight into deep water - make the fight into a grind - slip kick & punch - put McGregor against the cage - use some dirty boxing - then take him down & make him tapout

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back