The Best Outcome for Francis…

I dig ur AV

Cormier gives and he gives.

LwBzpiF.jpg

Prob with his boxing demand is that if he wins and becomes champion when/who does he box? either way it would hold up HW division for years should the UFC put in the contract, which is why I doubt it will happen. Not to mention every other fighter will "demand" it in their contracts setting a bad precedent which the UFC wouldnt want to entertain.

To get out pointed and then take a huge boxing match.
If he cant finish him, his aura is damaged and he loses his 'touch of death' aura to sell that he has a chance vs Tyson Fury or Deontay and pull big numbers in boxing. It is kinda like how people thought Conor had a chance, as he clowned Eddie and people thought he may be able to knockout Mayweather (even tho that was ludicrous).

If he KO'd Gane but got disqualified, he would have the aura but not the champion clause - win/win.

Last edited:
I love all these creative scenarii.
Let's go fellow Sherdoggers, we will save Francisco from ruin ! May he thank the Lord for being blessed by Sherwit .

I say ... he should illegally hit himself in the head with a knee while he's sitting, that way he should both be champion and DQ'd, thus creating an ass-blasting paradox.

UFC 270 will fall short of 600,000 buys even with Greg Hardy and Michel Pereira helping a bit.

The key to unlocking Ngannou as a draw is to have him fight Jon Jones and KO him. Unfortunately, the UFC was too cheap and short-sighted to make that happen.

They would love Jones vs Francis -- Jones is not doing it for less than 20 million at this point. Theres no guarantee that Francis wins that fight or that Jones can be reliable enough to continue on as HW champ. Steep cost to pay for no certain ROI

I’m inclined to think that Ngannou having a very competitive and exciting fight with Gane would be best, maybe getting a knockdown or two in the early rounds and almost sealing the deal.

But Francis isn’t known for being a cardio machine and gassing would be almost expected if it got past the 3rd, so losing the later rounds to a recovered and 5 round experienced, more technical Gane wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility.

Ngannou like during the first Stipe fight would hang on for dear life to make it to a decision, in the end Cyril Gane would win in a extremely back and forth, yet conflicted split decision fight.

Ngannou would maintain his appeal as the super dangerous Knockout Artist we’ve always known him for being, there would be no doubt about his heart and toughness as well as being resilient enough to keep his head barely above water until the end regardless of being completely cardiovascularly spent.

He would’ve fulfilled his contract with the UFC, drawn more eyes to an incredible fight even after the fact, maintained most of his aura, yet doesn’t suffer too much backlash from the loss because we always knew he was never built to fight and maintain being dangerous over an entire 5 round fight.

He can leave the UFC with his head High saying that he actually won the fight and was closer to ending it thus impartial and tampered with judges is to blame... which is quite believable considering some of the decisions we’ve seen specifically with the Jones and DJ fights. Francis can go and box while still maintaining most of his appeal for being MMA’s most dangerous KO King.
<BC1>

Last edited:
UFC lawyers made contracts iron clad. You can’t sit out a contract and go to a competitor or even box. You have to fight it out.

Francis seems to believe his deal is over by the end of 2022 regardless of the champion's clause and that it doesn't extend indefinitely, according to his latest interview with Brett Okamoto.

Nah best option for Francis is to nuke Gane like he does everyone else, then the UFC will be more willing to play ball with him.

Worst case scenario for UFC is if Ngannou nukes Gane, sits out his contract and goes to Bellator. Would be bad for UFC if we "know" the top HW is in another promotion and he devalued the UFC's next best guy.
He can't "Sit Out" his contract. UFC contracts obligate a fighter for X number of fights over Y number of months/years. Let's say for example Francis has 3 fights over 3 years starting Jan 1, 2022.

The UFC have to Officially Offer a fight (time, place, opponent) on paper and if Frank refuses (injured, don't want to fight in X city/country, Dont like opponent) then his time is extended 6 months. If he owes the UFC 3 fights and beats Gane he still has 2 fights left and the UFC have to offer a fight every 6 months (I think but could be diffferent). He can't just sit until Jan 1 2025 and be a "Free Agent". Randy Couture tried this so he could go fight Fedor and it didn't work. The UFC will have him tied up in court so long his fighting career will be over. Frank is already 35.

He can't "Sit Out" his contract. UFC contracts obligate a fighter for X number of fights over Y number of months/years. Let's say for example Francis has 3 fights over 3 years starting Jan 1, 2022.

The UFC have to Officially Offer a fight (time, place, opponent) on paper and if Frank refuses (injured, don't want to fight in X city/country, Dont like opponent) then his time is extended 6 months. If he owes the UFC 3 fights and beats Gane he still has 2 fights left and the UFC have to offer a fight every 6 months (I think but could be diffferent). He can't just sit until Jan 1 2025 and be a "Free Agent". Randy Couture tried this so he could go fight Fedor and it didn't work. The UFC will have him tied up in court so long his fighting career will be over. Frank is already 35.

Skip to 11:15, he thinks he's just under contract until December 2022 regardless of the championship clause. His manager must have convinced him he can find a way out.

If he cant finish him, his aura is damaged and he loses his 'touch of death' aura to sell that he has a chance vs Tyson Fury or Deontay and pull big numbers in boxing. It is kinda like how people thought Conor had a chance, as he clowned Eddie and people thought he may be able to knockout Mayweather (even tho that was ludicrous).

If he KO'd Gane but got disqualified, he would have the aura but not the champion clause - win/win.
I don't think so as it can look like a subtle tank on his part for career reasons.

Francis best option is to win and go back to the table with the UFC.

He has already said if he boxes he wants the UFC involved since they'll make it bigger. If the UFC can make money off it just like Conor boxing, why not. I really don't think they are that far apart. He is saying he isn't going to fight for 500K or 600K any more. No problem give him 800K and a little bump up on the PPV buy end and allow him to take a one off boxing match. At least he isn't running around asking for 10 Million or whatever to fight.

koing a no name like Gane is not going to boost his status.
i'v said it before, the best outcome for him to lose on purpose so he can get out of the contract.
he will be fucked worse than Gsp. you dont play with Dana.

Skip to 11:15, he thinks he's just under contract until December 2022 regardless of the championship clause. His manager must have convinced him he can find a way out.

Sounds like his championship clause now states it extends for one year or three fights on the surface. But I'm sure there is clauses in there that if you don't fight it extends another x amount of time, maybe if you fight once your free after that year is up. Dana said if he wins they have him for like one more fight. Which later would make sense.

In the past I know the championship clause basically never ran out. Maybe the UFC lawyers have changed that over the years trying to avoid a lawsuit they'd probably lose or maybe Francis people were smart enough to get an end date put in his contract. Later seems more or less what he is saying that he does have an end date. Good for his people, more managers should be doing this for their fighters.

I'm guessing if Francis is publicly stating this and saying that is what his contract reads he is probably right especially with taking Dana's word on into consideration.

P.S.: I feel pretty confident Francis and UFC will come terms.

yeah making it so no reputable company will want to sign you is a great plan

this is like that thread where the guy said he should blatantly throw the fight

Back