Movies The best Disney animated movie is...

Disney didn't buy Pixar until 2006, so Neither of those are Disney movies--they were just distributed by Disney.
Fvck it, I don't care I still like them and consider them Disney films haha

The lion king came to mind instantly. It transcended the genre.

But Toy story is just as great in its own way.

And beauty and the beast will always be one of my personal favs.

There's so many opinions I have regarding 90s Disney, its golden age.

Lion King may be the absolute best, which I've probably seen the most. But I can't quite articulate exactly why its the best in comparison to the others. If its not #1, its #2 or #3.

Toy Story may be the overall best, in account its absolutely flawless in every aspect with the exception of the ugly human characters. (And I'm really reaching for criticisms if that's the only one that comes to mind.)

Beauty & The Beast may have aged the absolute best by account the live-action remake was immediately panned as inferior in every way (same with the other remakes).

Aladin may be just as great, and it had GOAT-VO performances by Robin Williams & Gilbert Godfried. (RIP)

And last, and unfortunately many consider to be least of the ones I mentioned... Little Mermaid may be the most perfectly paced animated film ever. From the end of the opening credits to the beginning of the end credits its 75 minutes, with absolutely no 'bloat' and perfectly edited. If you haven't seen it in forever I highly recommend rewatching it, rather than dismiss it as a 'Disney-Girl' movie.

Sword in the Stone.
Fantasia.
Bambi.
Jungle Book.
Pinocchio.
Dumbo.

Lady and the tramp

bRwIoWS.gif

Aladdin is my favorite, Lion King is probably the best.

Toy Story and Finding Nemo are the best of the next gen.

I liked Emperor's New groove, because I haven't seen it often enough to get sick of it. Lilo and Stitch is pretty cool too. My youngest daughter must have watched Encanto 100 times. It's hilarious watching her watch it, she gets so into it.

I'm partial to Sleeping Beauty and The Sword in the Stone. The former is the best looking Disney film, used the Technirama large format (a Vista Vision negative with an anamorphic squeeze) and took every advantage with that format and just flat out had prime Disney hand drawn animation.

The lion king is great. That's why Disney stole it

Out of those Lion King, but I would say the top five are:

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Lion King
3. Toy Story
4. Cinderella
5. Fantasia
Best list/ranking I've seen in the thread. I might have Aladdin on the list, but it's tough to kick anything here.

Back