The best "athleticism" dependent fighter ever?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are certain fighters who are extremely athletic in the ufc, yoel romero comes to the mind of everybody, but still i fell pretty confident he would still do well in mma even if ge wasn't that gifted since he's technically a very good fighter ( striking, wrestling etc. ) on the other hand, there are some that are entirely dependent on their physical proes when fighting and to be fair you can only think they would not be successful if it weren't for it, so who is it for you the best "athletic" dependent fighter in the history of the ufc? ( and yes by athletic i mean a combination of power, speed, strengh etc im not counting cardio here )

For me its a tie between rumble and ngannou.

Woodley of course

champ at his peak and now he’s lost 15 straight rounds
He's a good case, i think even at his fundamentals ( wrestling, striking ) he's a good fighter no doubt, but his style is totally reliable on his athletic abilities. Take away his explosiveness and his fighting carrer is gone

What about GSP?
Dude is a complete athlete from head to toe and even does gymnastics for god's sakes.
But he's very complete, sure the athleticism helps him but he would do good without it, his style ( outside of the blast double ) wasn't even that athleticism based

I think Yoel is the most athleticism dependent fighter based on his style but that doesn't mean he doesn't have skill (silver medal in wrestling), he just rarely uses his wrestling.

Reactions: Ruv
Ngannou, Randleman, Brock off the top of my head. Sleeper pick would be GSP because while he was extremely skilled, there's no way a guy at his age should've been able to just "pick up" wrestling and become that good at it that quickly. Just unfair.

Conor — once gassed, he has nothing : timing, power and strength of will, fall off dramatically.
Still he's very skilled ( at least striking wise ) outside of his power which in my opinion its more precision than anything he doesn't even stands out as an "athletic" fighter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back