The best "athleticism" dependent fighter ever?

Rumble really?

Rumble is a very very skilled fighter even if you took some of his strength and speed away.

Has to be Lesnar imo, if he was average HW build he wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to a title shot.

There are certain fighters who are extremely athletic in the ufc, yoel romero comes to the mind of everybody, but still i fell pretty confident he would still do well in mma even if ge wasn't that gifted since he's technically a very good fighter ( striking, wrestling etc. ) on the other hand, there are some that are entirely dependent on their physical proes when fighting and to be fair you can only think they would not be successful if it weren't for it, so who is it for you the best "athletic" dependent fighter in the history of the ufc? ( and yes by athletic i mean a combination of power, speed, strengh etc im not counting cardio here )

For me its a tie between rumble and ngannou.

Allot of athletes in MMA....sometimes you can't judge a book by his cover too.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Still he's very skilled ( at least striking wise ) outside of his power which in my opinion its more precision than anything he doesn't even stands out as an "athletic" fighter

And yet, when gassed, everything falls apart. That said, yes, he’s very skilled, but that timing which is a skill, leaves him once he loses his cardio. Take away that, he has nothing else to really fall back on IMO unlike Tony who can maybe submit you off his back or catch you with a wild elbow etc...

I always felt technique is what is left over when strength, speed and agility are gone.

But obviously, Conor has mastered a particular set-up in his striking, the left hand counter and lead uppercut.

Ngannou by a mile - he isn’t highly skilled at any facet of MMA and beats guys that by all means should beat him if it was skill dependent.

His speed and power cannot be denied though, he is one of the most naturally gifted athletes mma has seen IMO.
Imagine if the dude actually decided to round out his MMA skill set instead of just swinging haymakers and depending on his power.

Melvin Guillard, Maybe Edson Barboza his reflexes and and natural speed are an absolute gift he definitely has good technique but I don't think less athletic and explosive fighters would be able to pull off what he does.

Yep, Brock was never really that great a technical wrestler, nowhere close to someone like Coleman or Cormier but his natural abilties helped cover that, he basically manhandled people down alot of the time.

Elias Theodorou and it’s not even close.

Back