The Benefits of Living the Seven Habits

theNuge

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think I've started a thread like this before but I think it's worth discussing it again.

Let's list some of the benefits we most enjoy now that we're living the Habits. Here are some of mine:

- For the first time in my life, I'm regular
- I have abundant energy
- For the first time in my life, it's "difficult" to gain weight :D
- It's hard to eat crappy food since I can now really taste the excessive salt and excessive sugar in those foods
- I feel like I'm passing along a responsible way of eating to my daughter

These are just a few. I'm interested to hear from other people.

I don't know if this counts but I quit smoking about 8-9 months ago just before I started working out regular and now I can really taste food.

- I have abundant energy

This is actually a con for me, I feel liike I have too much energy. Then I have to lift weights four times a week, along with bjj practice three times a week.

Another con....

-My friends/girlfriend think I'm a health nazi.

I smoke 1/2 pack a day so no one can ever accuse me of being a health nazi.

Only a health nazi if you push it on others, IMO.

"- It's hard to eat crappy food since I can now really taste the excessive salt and excessive sugar in those foods"

I agree, but I still manage to struggle through a few cheats every week :icon_chee

This is actually a con for me, I feel liike I have too much energy. Then I have to lift weights four times a week, along with bjj practice three times a week.

So, you think it's a bad thing that you're able to lift four times a week and engage in rigorous grappling three times a week? Please tell me that's a joke.

Another con....

-My friends/girlfriend think I'm a health nazi.

Do you threaten them with the gas chamber if they don't subscribe to your way of thinking?

Okay, so I enjoy to 'indulge' in recreational use of certain narcotics on occasion...usually this leaves me drained the next day, or at least feeling the effects.

Since I've started eating according to the 7 habits, I feel as fresh as I normally do.

Not to mention I find myself recovering faster from workouts, and much more motivated.

edit: It's hard to eat out, though. That's one downside

The biggest thing for me is finding out how crappy most "food" tastes.

I have tried to go back to my the old eating ways a few times (just to see what I use to do) but I cannot get the "food" down my throat.

There are 10 habits now, you guys know, right?

Can't forget the last 3:

8) Eat a varied assortment of foods.

9) Develop food preparation strategies

10) Plan to cheat 10% of the time.

^We're old school here in D&S. The orginal article only has seven.

Like the OP, the seven habits have certainly changed my life for the better.

^We're old school here in D&S. The orginal article only has seven.

I don't know about being old school but I'd rather remember 7 habits vs. 10 habits :D

Besides, 9 & 10 aren't that important if you're already doing 1-7 and 8 will probably happen overtime anyway. Who wants to eat the same shit all the time?

Fast Food still tastes good. Only problem is it gives me teh shits.

So, you think it's a bad thing that you're able to lift four times a week and engage in rigorous grappling three times a week? Please tell me that's a joke.

Do you threaten them with the gas chamber if they don't subscribe to your way of thinking?

No, like I have to workout. If I don't, I have trouble sleeping.

I don't threaten them with the gas chamber...it's more like this..

Friend:Hey dude, let's go get some wings and a couple beers.
Me:No thanks...
Friend:Ya don't wanna hang out or what?
Me:Yeah, I do...lemme make a turkey sandwhich and grab a bottle of water to take over there.
Friend:Wtf?

Actually, if he's doing it four times a week, he's probably doing it wrong. So yeah that would be a con.

Fast Food still tastes good. Only problem is it gives me teh shits.

Actually I tried Taco bell for the first time in about three months earlier this week and it was highly disappointing.

If only I could do the same with Chipotle and Baja Fresh. Curse you my weakness for Americanized Mexican food!

- Con: People ask you about nutrition-related stuff.

Actually, if he's doing it four times a week, he's probably doing it wrong. So yeah that would be a con.

Mon:Bench press,overhead press,weighted dips and pull ups, all 5X5(early morning). BJJ at night.
Tues:Squat,Deadlift, both 5X5 (early morning)
Wensday: BJJ at night.
ThursdayBench press, overhead press, weighted dips and pull ups, all 5X5 (early morning).
Friday.Squat,Deadlift, both 5X5 (early morning). BJJ at night.
Saturday:Active rest
Sunday:Active rest

With proper sleep,supliments (protein,multi-vitamin,fish/flax oil,zma), and being 21...how "wrong" can that be?

Back