The Benefits of Living the Seven Habits

I don't know if this counts but I quit smoking about 8-9 months ago just before I started working out regular and now I can really taste food.

That could be 1 of several factors among others as to why a lot of smokers that stop smoking put on weight. Foods taste a lot better to them so they may crave the better tasteing food to make up for their cigerette craving.

Mon:Bench press,overhead press,weighted dips and pull ups, all 5X5(early morning). BJJ at night.
Tues:Squat,Deadlift, both 5X5 (early morning)
Wensday: BJJ at night.
ThursdayBench press, overhead press, weighted dips and pull ups, all 5X5 (early morning).
Friday.Squat,Deadlift, both 5X5 (early morning). BJJ at night.
Saturday:Active rest
Sunday:Active rest

With proper sleep,supliments (protein,multi-vitamin,fish/flax oil,zma), and being 21...how "wrong" can that be?

You're doing decent exercises, but that's a lot of volume. Since it seems like a reasonably well put-together program, I'll hand you the benefit of the doubt, I'd just be concerned about overtraining and making consistent gains with that kind of volume.

Mon:Bench press,overhead press,weighted dips and pull ups, all 5X5(early morning). BJJ at night.
Tues:Squat,Deadlift, both 5X5 (early morning)
Wensday: BJJ at night.
ThursdayBench press, overhead press, weighted dips and pull ups, all 5X5 (early morning).
Friday.Squat,Deadlift, both 5X5 (early morning). BJJ at night.
Saturday:Active rest
Sunday:Active rest

With proper sleep,supliments (protein,multi-vitamin,fish/flax oil,zma), and being 21...how "wrong" can that be?

I'm 20, and I eat a lot of calories, supplement well and get like 9 hours of sleep every night and there's no way I could pull that off. You squat and deadlift hard twice a week, every week? Some people on S&P only DL hard once every 2 weeks. Then, on Friday you squat and DL hard then do BJJ later? I just can't see this being realistically true unless your numbers are extremely low and you're a smaller guy, but if you can pull that off and not be overtraining by the end of the first week, I'm jealous.

EDIT- Just one more thing in case you've never heard it, a lot of people say you should never squat and DL hard on the same day because the 2nd exercise will suffer big time, and those are probably the 2 hardest lifts to do.

And also, Misfits FTW.

There are 10 habits now, you guys know, right?

Can't forget the last 3:

8) Eat a varied assortment of foods.

9) Develop food preparation strategies

10) Plan to cheat 10% of the time.

I'm doing my 10% right now bitches!!!!!!!

2 fat egg, white potato and chorizo and bacon burrito for breakfast from a local tex mex place. Just moved to CO and I didn't have that shit in NY. Hopefully this 10% doesn't become 30%.

Funny thing is though, most people talk about not gaining weight on the 10 habits. I found it easier to gain lean mass on the 10 habits. I'm an ecto. My workouts have been amazing, my recovery unbelievable. I've taken supplements in the past (i.e. supplementing a poor diet) and I didn't gain shit. I follow the ten habits and I gained 10 lbs of lean muscle in 2-3 months.

i agree with being able to taste all the salt/sugar in the food i used to eat

i can't even eat fried foods anymore (buffalo strips) my stomach will be fucked up and turning for hours...

I'm 20, and I eat a lot of calories, supplement well and get like 9 hours of sleep every night and there's no way I could pull that off. You squat and deadlift hard twice a week, every week? Some people on S&P only DL hard once every 2 weeks. Then, on Friday you squat and DL hard then do BJJ later? I just can't see this being realistically true unless your numbers are extremely low and you're a smaller guy, but if you can pull that off and not be overtraining by the end of the first week, I'm jealous.

EDIT- Just one more thing in case you've never heard it, a lot of people say you should never squat and DL hard on the same day because the 2nd exercise will suffer big time, and those are probably the 2 hardest lifts to do.

And also, Misfits FTW.

I forgot to mention that I'm using moderate weight, just to maintain. Yeah, it would be pretty insande if I were doing heavy weight all the time.

I try really hard to follow all the habits.. Saturday nights are my night to cheat and last night I ate a bunch of chips.. Feel like shit this morning. Just doesn't seem worth it. I say if you're gonna cheat, try and make it within reason and drink tons of water while you're at it.

Also, since I started eating clean I've realized some things.

1. Energy is waaaaay higher.
2. Not nearly as gassy.
3. My friends think I'm a loser.
4. I have a really hard time eating every 2 to 3 hours.
5. Cabbage is not my friend.

Anyways, cheers.

Read the FAQ.
So read the entire faq so I can find one little thing? You can't just give me a link to what you guys are talking about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back