Movies THE BATMAN (New Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reeves definitely took inspiration from Alex Ross' illustrations of Penguin:

fa5n1hxzlvt71.jpg

I see it now.

I hope that the Penguin's henchmen will put some respect on his name like Deadshot did in the "Assault on Arkham" Suicide Squad animated movie.

Deadshot, the deadliest marksman in the D.C. Universe was calling him MISTER Cobblepot.

Put some RESPECT on that man's name!

It would be like calling Wilson Fisk (The Kingpin), "Willie." If you didn't.

Somehow the thugs with guns trying to kill Batman were off-duty Stormtroopers.

ek11zqtxlu361.png

And even if body armor prevents being wounded by the bullets, isn't it supposed to hurt?

Looks good overall but Pattinson's face, hair, and the cowl all bug me.

I like, I like.

The scene where he's walking down the hallway bullets flying off him was great.

See I was absolutely not a fan of that. Batman's armor isn't an Iron Man suit. He shouldn't be taking a hail of full auto rifle fire. It kind of defeats the purpose of him attacking from the shadows, using speed, misdirection, etc if he can just walk through 3 dude firing on full auto at point blank.

I'm still super on the fence with this one.

Somehow the thugs with guns trying to kill Batman were off-duty Stormtroopers.

ek11zqtxlu361.png

And even if body armor prevents being wounded by the bullets, isn't it supposed to hurt?

Timestamped.

Not if it's set properly with ample hardening on the out (deflecting the kinetic energy) and padding on the in (absorbing the overflow of that energy and dissipating it). But... To do that costs a LOT of money, but that's not a hindrance to a billionaire. ;) Don't forget that Lucius Fox (tech wizard) is coming up with this stuff that only the Batman family has access to.

That's just the comic book nerd in me coming out.

See I was absolutely not a fan of that. Batman's armor isn't an Iron Man suit. He shouldn't be taking a hail of full auto rifle fire. It kind of defeats the purpose of him attacking from the shadows, using speed, misdirection, etc if he can just walk through 3 dude firing on full auto at point blank.

I agree. That was … jarring.

Catwoman doesn't do it for me, which is a phrase that should never be allowed to come to pass.

Probably won't be Joaquin, but if it is him, then I'm willing to bet that scene happens at the end of the film and is the "mic drop" moment people were talking about after the early screenings of the film. Could be the Joker telling Batman that he has opened up Pandora's box in terms of more freak villains coming out of the wood work because of his presence.

Edit: Well this has been debunked. Someone slowed the trailer down and paused it where you can see Riddler's reflection in the mirror and he has the same glasses he had on when he was arrested at the start of the trailer, lol.

Last edited:

At this point, what does it matter? He fell thirty stories and "braced" Rachel's fall in TDK by...hugging her. Taking a bullet or two isn't gonna ruin my suspension of disbelief. Also, considering how advanced his suit is, why would it be a stretch that it's bullet proof? He's facing guys with guns all the time. That would be among the first things that would be implemented into the suit. Like, a cape that can use an electronic pulse to literally change form and become a hang glider in an instant is okay, but some general protection against bullets isn't? I don't see the big deal.

Come to think of it, it's even more ridiculous trying to imagine Batman taking down scores of well armed goons without having bullet proof protection. What, does he just move really, really fast in dimly lit rooms, so that nobody can possibly get a beat on him? There should be an origin story of him going out for the first time, only to come back almost immediately, panting and hysterically screaming "Lucious! Guns! They've got guns...with bullets! How did we gloss over such a vital detail when designing this suit? I almost fucking died out there!"

At this point, what does it matter? He fell thirty stories and "braced" Rachel's fall in TDK by...hugging her. Taking a bullet or two isn't gonna ruin my suspension of disbelief. Also, considering how advanced his suit is, why would it be a stretch that it's bullet proof? He's facing guys with guns all the time. That would be among the first things that would be implemented into the suit. Like, a cape that can use an electronic pulse to literally change form and become a hang glider in an instant is okay, but some general protection against bullets isn't? I don't see the big deal.

Come to think of it, it's even more ridiculous trying to imagine Batman taking down scores of well armed goons without having bullet proof protection. What, does he just move really, really fast in dimly lit rooms, so that nobody can possibly get a beat on him? There should be an origin story of him going out for the first time, only to come back almost immediately, panting and hysterically screaming "Lucious! Guns! They've got guns...with bullets! How did we gloss over such a vital detail when designing this suit? I almost fucking died out there!"
I think Snyder’s Batman suit was a pretty good mix. Could take small arms fire — even to the dome, but rifle fire would cause some damage.

Update: October 16, 2021

New Trailer for Matt Reeves' THE BATMAN from DC Fandome

(Will be merged with the official thread after a while)

Aren't they already talking about rebooting the Avengers again? This time Captain America is neither a man nor American, and Iron man is made of reusable, compost materials. It's been forever since they released the first one. They should restart it all over again, with differences so small that they make this reinstallment a dubious choice.

I guess with 3 different versions of Spiderman inside of 2 decades, we can't be surprised that they are rebooting this one again so soon.

Yeah, still a hard freakin' pass.

1232-1200x720.jpg

That neither Batman nor Bruce Wayne. Whoever greenlit this casting choice should get stabbed with rusty nails, let to rot and die, brought back to life in the Lazarus Pit, then made to step on Legos for all eternity.

#It'sNotAPhaseMom
#HellNo
#NotMyBatman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back