• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News the "Arena" isn't ready to hold the event tomorrow the fights will be in a huge tent instead

It's in a tent because it's a card full of bums and carnies.

Two weeks ago they built the roof. I wonder if they have commissions over there who do savety checks.
Let's hope it will not end like this...
2048x1152.jpg
Holy fuck. That is some number 1 bullshit.

Why we aren't hearing more about it is real simple: Dana has a meeting at the event and tells the media "if anyone reports about the fights happening in a tent with limited AC, you'll be on the UFC shitlist forever".. boom, nobody reports on it. in a field like MMA (where UFC has a near-monopoly) the media are yes men, part of the establishment. They do what they're told or they get the Ariel treatment.
The UFC shares 10% on average of revenue with fighters. The NBA shares a clean 50% of revenue with the players.....Just a comp.

Khabib will gas confirmed.
:rolleyes:

Lol, there IS AC, it was put on this monday, the thing is apparently it takes 7 days to really set up, we are now saturday, and with the arena full they don't know how the AC will really feel.

In before new sherdog mythical creature

No Aircon Khabib

Using my amazing psychic skills I predict this will be the first defence fanboys use when their favorite UFC guy loses

Damn, first Truss landed 2 weeks before the event!!

Unless they had a small army landing, connecting, welding and bolting in the connecting webs and bracing plus insulating then cladding the roof alone would be nearly impossible let alone doing all the interior finishing that can't be done prior to the roofs completion, let alone getting an inspection scheduled and signed off on.

Someone really dropped the ball there, lol.

Mind you the Chinese can demo and replace an entire overpass in a weekend so I guess if you have the man power and don't have to worry about building codes and inspection dates anything is possible.
You sound like an Ironworker or somehow related. Respect.

Welder/Welding Inspector here.

This is crazy. They didn't even finish the arena???

Back