The 600-Mile Great Wall of Saudi Arabia

tumblr_mon7digvM51qb5xolo1_500.gif

So are the Saudis building the wall to keep shit in, or keep shit out?

As you sow, so shall you reap.

This is nonsense....Wahabis and Salafis are the two most misunderstood words in this forum. None of the main Imams support khawarij aka isis. They are absolutely against it hence why the Saudis who support this stuff leaves the country. They slaughter these people. Why do you think they have done no damage in Saudi, but in other muslim countries? And please dont tell me because they dont want to hurt their own. If these people could get hold of the royal family, they would behead them straight away

Everyone who isn't a Salafi tends to refer to them as Wahabis. Pejoratively.
Salafis are divided. Pro-government Salafis (esp. Saudi) refer to anti-government (those following the islamist ideologies founded by Maududi and Qutb) Salafis as khawarij.
The parallels are not only their willingness to attack other muslims and call them non-muslims, but the rejection of authority (historically, the Caliphate).
Their approach to Islam is much the same though, and the spread of Salafism definitely contributes to the spread of Islamist radicals.

I am no military genius, but it seems to me ISIS, if they had the wherewithal to invade, could avoid the problem very easily by crossing through Jordan.

And such is the problem with walls. Unless they completely encircle that which is being contained or defended, you can just walk around them.

Wow, history repeats itself here. Ask the French how good of an idea a big pretty wall is when you leave giant gaps in it. Should IS get that far, I doubt they'll have a problem "Belgium-ing" Kuwait and going right around it.

what happened the last time kuwait got invaded?

what happened the last time kuwait got invaded?

They won't be going through Shia Dominated SE Iraq anyway. They'd drive their Toyota's about a mile into Jordan and go around that side of the fence.

I donf want to quote that essay, Zank, but thanks that was great stuff

Back