The 4 fighters mainly considered as the goats have all shown some balls.

GSP cherry picked fluke champion bisping and vacated the belt asap

jones never wanted anything to do with heavyweight

conor jumping up against eddy alvarez wasn't his ballsiest move. fighting mendes short notice with a bad acl problem was. figting nate diaz short notice at 170 and especially having the rematch at 170 was. and you can add talking mad trash to the nr 1 pound for pound 10 years undefeated fighter, putting incredible pressure on himself and going out there and performing like he did was

GSP was supposed to fight Whittaker but chickened out. His career will always be defined by that moment unless he fights Whittaker win or lose

Fedor fought anyone.
Silva jumped up to fight the ex LHW champ in Forrest, and took a fight with DC on a days notice when he just had a surgery.
GSP came out of 4 years retirement to fight the champ one class higher.
And Bones challenged Brock, who is a hell of a lot bigger.
I know this will turn into a hate thread in about 2 minutes, but sometimes give fighters some props, even if they aren't your favorite. Hell, instead of ripping on fighters, speak about other guys that have shown some bravado.
Conor jumping up to fight Eddie, and then just dismantling him was something to behold.
Scott Smith getting dropped by Pete Sell with a liver shot, but still knocking him out before he totally went down. Hughes knocking out Newton while being unconscious from a choke.
Robbie and Rory even answering the bell was something. For me, Robbie spewing blood from his mouth as they went into that last round is likely the most iconic moment I have of MMA.
stopped reading there

Jones "challenged" Lesnar on twitter. I dont think that should count.

It's not about opinions on here, it's mainly about;

- shitting on fighters. That's numero uno
- using CAPITAL letters as if ti emphasizes your point more
- using the word 'legit' makes a fighter 'legit' in someone's eyes
- your avatar being a picture of a girl shaking her arse so you get likes (please like this post)
You rang?

Lmao.

1) GSP never went up to face Silva. I like Bisping but that was an easier fight for GSP than Silva. I actually felt GSP could beat Silva for the record with his takedowns
2) Why didn't Jones ever challenge Cain for the belt? Lesnar is a pro wrestler who has occasional MMA bouts. Before his fight with Hunt, how many years was it before his last one?
3) Why didn't Silva ever move up to 205 to fight Jones? When people use the example of Forrest being the former 205 champ it's pretty much like Bisping winning the middleweight title. Bisping arguably had the better career and was more deserving of winning his title than Forrest.

Pretty bad list. GSP doesnt belong there. And how the fuck does Jones get credit for something he hasn't done yet? He called out Cock Chestnar because he knows there's 0 chance of it happening with his suspension. McGregor? It takes balls to fight contenders, earning title shots and defending belts. Takes no balls to get title shots. That's 0 risk huge reward. Specially at higher weight classes. That's why he refuses to give rematches yet will beg for them when he loses but will refuse the trilogy even if he barely "won" a bs decision. It's not balls when it's all rewards and no risk.

Fedor and Anderoid do deserve credit. Specially Fedor since he didn't get busted for steroids and he never resorted to cutting weight who according to Rogan is worse than steroids.

Fedor fought anyone.
Silva jumped up to fight the ex LHW champ in Forrest, and took a fight with DC on a days notice when he just had a surgery.
GSP came out of 4 years retirement to fight the champ one class higher.
And Bones challenged Brock, who is a hell of a lot bigger.
I know this will turn into a hate thread in about 2 minutes, but sometimes give fighters some props, even if they aren't your favorite. Hell, instead of ripping on fighters, speak about other guys that have shown some bravado.
Conor jumping up to fight Eddie, and then just dismantling him was something to behold.
Scott Smith getting dropped by Pete Sell with a liver shot, but still knocking him out before he totally went down. Hughes knocking out Newton while being unconscious from a choke.
Robbie and Rory even answering the bell was something. For me, Robbie spewing blood from his mouth as they went into that last round is likely the most iconic moment I have of MMA.

Fedor - indeed, but in those days it wasn't much about cherry picking or game plans. Fighters fought for money and that just was it. Record was not as important as it is today.

Silva - indeed, those hugs destroyed Silva.

GSP - a champ that he knew he can beat

Jones - it is a big difference between "I challenge you, 40 years old man with a 4-3 record" and actually fighting against him. Jones never fought at HW and for a reason.

When you say about balls, I think of BJ Penn who fought Machida and wanted to fight Couture, but Dana didn't let him, not going up one class or challenging other fighters only verbally.

Back