The 4 fighters mainly considered as the goats have all shown some balls.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor fought anyone.
Silva jumped up to fight the ex LHW champ in Forrest, and took a fight with DC on a days notice when he just had a surgery.
GSP came out of 4 years retirement to fight the champ one class higher.
And Bones challenged Brock, who is a hell of a lot bigger.
I know this will turn into a hate thread in about 2 minutes, but sometimes give fighters some props, even if they aren't your favorite. Hell, instead of ripping on fighters, speak about other guys that have shown some bravado.
Conor jumping up to fight Eddie, and then just dismantling him was something to behold.
Scott Smith getting dropped by Pete Sell with a liver shot, but still knocking him out before he totally went down. Hughes knocking out Newton while being unconscious from a choke.
Robbie and Rory even answering the bell was something. For me, Robbie spewing blood from his mouth as they went into that last round is likely the most iconic moment I have of MMA.

Agree with all of those except Conor.

Eddie was 3-1 in the UFC with 2 split decisions that he barely won when he fought Conor. Not impressed.

Scott "The GOAT" Smith

Actually I disagree with GSP as well.

That was a cherrypick if I've ever seen one.

The last 3 (Forestface griffin, Bisping, Lesnar) arguably don't end their opponent's careers or physical abilities with their style.

This. GSP had no interest in going up until one eyed over the hill bisping got the belt. He didn't even try to defend and a champion who doesnt even try to defend is no champion.

So far so good. Not a single good word towards a fighter.

Props Sherdog. The brilliance here will shine bright forever.

"Interesting Thread..."

View attachment 420457
arona2.jpg

Saku had a huge size advantage over Arona. Look at that muscle mass.

So far so good. Not a single good word towards a fighter.

Props Sherdog. The brilliance here will shine bright forever.

It's not about opinions on here, it's mainly about;

- shitting on fighters. That's numero uno
- using CAPITAL letters as if ti emphasizes your point more
- using the word 'legit' makes a fighter 'legit' in someone's eyes
- your avatar being a picture of a girl shaking her arse so you get likes (please like this post)

Lold at GSP taking any risks to fight Bisping

If he lost, it would've been excused as him being too small + long layoff

But he won, so he beat the ufc champ, which is supposed to mean the best guy in the weight class. But we all know bisping wasn't even top 10

Yeah totally ridiculous to include GPS there! He would never faced Romero/Whitaker/Rockhold/Weidman

I dont understand the argument that he cherry picked Bisping.

He chose Bisping, but in no way was he ever favored to win it. Bisping was on his best win streak with wins over Thales Leites, Anderson Silva, Rockhold, and Dan Henderson.

Most fighters when they come back they take easier fights. Anderson Silva came back and fought Nick Diaz.

Then he got suspended because for some reason he needed to Juice for a retired Nick Diaz of all people.

Then when he came back again he fought Bisping, and never is accused of cherry picking.

So for a rusty GSP to come back under USADA and beat that Bisping is still impressive. I dont think anyone thinks GSP is the best MW mind you, but it was still an amazing feat.

Picked the same four. All legends. Was just thinking about Silva starching Griffin right after he was champ. Incredible

Agree with all of those except Conor.

Eddie was 3-1 in the UFC with 2 split decisions that he barely won when he fought Conor. Not impressed.

Who in the UFC has done better against Eddie Alverez then Mcgregor?

Alverez may not be a world killer but he's a VERY solid LW fighter.

Hughes woke up and found out he was champ!

Jones called out Brock. Haha probably the easiest fight for him to pick at HW...and with WAYYY more pay out too. Why didn't he fight the Champs? Anderson Silva may not have fought for the LHW title, but he did fight someone who was coming off just losing that belt. Plus he's a juicer and probably been juicing at east since the Shogun fight.

Silva was -perhaps- using PED's for too long.

GSP didn't move up to fight Silva when that fight was what everyone wanted.

Although Fedor fought "anyone", he never actually fought outside of the HW division.

ANYWAYS...

What is this supposed to be anyways? A "jab" at MM for the TJ fight not happening? Too bad though...cuz he actually fought at BW and fought Cruz for the title before moving down.

Back