Media The 2nd hardest puncher of all time?

Do you think Tyrone Spong is among the 10 hardest punchers of the world at this moment?

• Total voters
I think those machines are generally not a precise way to measure how hard an individual hits compared to others.

But I'm sure you have to hit hard to get that kind of measure. It will be interesting to see what he can do.

Not sure if he’s the 2nd hardest puncher of all time…but he was definitely the hardest puncher at the Blackzilians while I was there. He would decimate everyone in sparring.

<6>
There's no way he hit harder than rumble. He couldn't even ko or put down angel deanda who he landed several clean punches on. This guy was knocked out by several other fighters. I think spong had a style where he would put everything into almost every punch but wasn't a naturally heavy handed guy or had the touch of death or anything

PTkGUsk.gif
Derrick lewis hits harder, and that's only MMA. Rumble probably hit harder too

I don't think either of them is the hardest puncher in the world.

"Among?" Maybe Ngannou.

But I think the whole idea of a "punch stat machine" is dubious, at best.

Reason being, other things come into play: speed, timing, leverage in real life, etc.

It's like the the difference between the static nature of "smiling for a picture" vs. the real-life joy of an authentic smile ...

They're just different.
There's a video of Mike Perry punching the machine. He tries punching in several different ways but the technique he was using to get the highest score was by loading up or muscling his punches and throwing really slow but stiff heavy punches. It's basically the way all trainers tell you not to punch

^^^This. People forgot how hard Shane Carwin used to hit. He would rock and KO dudes with short punches like Gonzaga and Frank Mir. You could actually hear his ground and pound shaking the canvas too. He may actually hit harder than Ngannou on pure force, but Ngannou probably hits harder because he has better technique. Only guy in the UFC with 5 XL gloves too. Just sucks he had such a short MMA career.

All I know is that Spong should have been rocking that hair and beard the whole time.

Most certainly. He's my favorite MT fighter and I wish he'd do more MMA

hardest hitter is always hard to argue... some people don't hit that hard but are ultra precise and have perfect timing, so they can catch people and knock them the f out. Badr Hari is such an example, dude was for sure not the hardest hitter but he was a knockout machine.

On the other hand you have guys who hit really hard but lack the precision and timing and therefore they have less KOs than the guys I mentioned prior.

Back