The 2022 Heavies Awards - Event of the Year Winner: UFC 281: Adesanya vs Pereira

2022 Event of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the point. He himself is a trap metaller, so his vocals are always going to be aggressive (which they're not really the same here as they'd normally be, even with the screams, hes usually throwing Deicide and Morbid Angel pig grunts into his shit). This kinda a concept record, he's using the trap metal screams to an extent, but he isn't he not using metal samples and whatnot in his beats, using more traditional style beats and rhyme schemes. That EP is great, I wish it was another 7 tracks of the same shit. The raw aggression is what is what makes it live.

Just don't tell him (Papoose) to take his hat off. Him getting a lineup at the barber with his hat on is all time stuff from a decade ago, lol.

You, @StonedLemur and I should shoot recommendations at each other in the Jukebox so we don't derail this thread, lol.

While 275 had the FOTY 281 was a better card top to bottom so that gets the vote for me.

I'm a BIG Big L fan, although I haven't listened to him in the longest time... R.I.P.

Gotta give it a listen again sir.

All the guys I posted there are unfortunately dead :(

R.I.P, and much love to
Eyedea, Sean Price, and Big L

Gotta give it a listen again sir.

All the guys I posted there are unfortunately dead :(

R.I.P, and much love to
Eyedea, Sean Price, and Big L
Only listened to Big L of the ones you listed. Have heard of Sean Price. Haven't heard of Eyedea. I'm always looking to expand my musical horizon...

Only listened to Big L of the ones you listed. Have heard of Sean Price. Haven't heard of Eyedea. I'm always looking to expand my musical horizon...

The album you want to hear first is First Born, then E&A Eyedea and Abilities.

The Second album I listed here is from the song I listed above.

Does he ever rhyme about people like me, who listen to rap but don’t buy his tape? :D
I just didn’t really like any of those No Limit rappers.

I’m with @StonedLemur on this one. Move Bitch is a song I’d stupidly yell along with if it came on the radio, or dance to if it came on in some club I was drunk at—but not something I actually liked and wanted to buy and own the CD or whatever. It’s hard for me to totally keep straight years like 1997 vs 1998, but at that time the hip hop I was bumping was stuff like
Beastie Boys “Hello Nasty”
Dr. Octagon “Dr. Ocragonecologyst”
KRS-One “I Got Next”
DJ Shadow “Entroducing”

stuff like that.
All of those are fine, but Move Bitch wasn't until like 02 or 03, and wasn't anything I actually owned. The point was, that song couldn't be avoided and I was simply surprised he didn't get the reference.

Mystikal circa 97/98 was fire though. Nothing like his radio shit.

Just don't tell him (Papoose) to take his hat off. Him getting a lineup at the barber with his hat on is all time stuff from a decade ago, lol.

You, @StonedLemur and I should shoot recommendations at each other in the Jukebox so we don't derail this thread, lol.
What's done is done. I also don't want to be told again that it's unfortunate that I listen to Skinny Puppy lol. That's a SA classic quote.

A while back, my brother was doing some promotions with Papoose and was emailing his manager on my computer and whatnot. I never listened to his music, though. Maybe I should check it out... I started off as a '90s hip hop fan, and then in the early 2000s I got more into classic rock and then all types of music. I have very eclectic musical tastes.

What's done is done. I also don't want to be told again that it's unfortunate that I listen to Skinny Puppy lol. That's a SA classic quote.
See now Skinny Puppy is good shit :)
I’ve seen some of your past posts and threads, you and I have a lot of that type of music in common.

Ufc 281 was great imo. From the first fight to the main event it was stacked and delivered.

Voted 281. That main event was something, and anyway Adesanya was never really my friend

Rockhold doing the weirdest shit I’ve ever seen in the octagon.
That blood smearing will haunt me longer than some horrible leg breaking gifs. I actually wondered if I was hallucinating

See now Skinny Puppy is good shit :)
I’ve seen some of your past posts and threads, you and I have a lot of that type of music in common.
They're my first love. Really, KMFDM, but they've kinda taken over in the last 10 years or so.

They're my first love. Really, KMFDM, but they've kinda taken over in the last 10 years or so.
I’m a big KMFDM fan too, although they’ve fallen off for me ever since En Esch left. I like my KMFDM Naive or Money style :)

My all time favorite is Die Warzau though, you like them at all? I assume you’re familiar with them but if not you should listen to their Engine album ASAP. In my teens and twenties, it was lots of Die Warzau and Thrill Kill Kult. Im a huge Thrill Kill fan.

I’m a big KMFDM fan too, although they’ve fallen off for me ever since En Esch left. I like my KMFDM Naive or Money style :)

My all time favorite is Die Warzau though, you like them at all? I assume you’re familiar with them but if not you should listen to their Engine album ASAP. In my teens and twenties, it was lots of Die Warzau and Thrill Kill Kult. Im a huge Thrill Kill fan.
Actually, I haven't ever really listened to Die Warzau. I know of them, and I've heard them a time or two, but I've never really looked through their catalog or whatever. Based on the names you've thrown out, I'd probably like them. I still listen to TKK from time to time, too.

This is literally right now:
20230110_234348.jpg

I like their older stuff more, too. Everything from their beginning until about 1997 is money for me, though I do still like stuff since then. Basically their Retro era stuff is the best. I like that song on the Hellraiser 3 soundtrack a lot.

In my teens and twenties, it was lots of Die Warzau and Thrill Kill Kult. Im a huge Thrill Kill fan.

Tell me you're a freak without telling me you're a freak. I used to have a friend that was into Thrill Kill Kult and Lords of Acid. She was a lot of fun. As far as Skinny Puppy goes, I still like the first album quite a bit. I'll pull up Dig It on Youtube from time to time but I think my favorite off that album is Love. A bit more subdued than the rest on the songs on there.

Tell me you're a freak without telling me you're a freak. I used to have a friend that was into Thrill Kill Kult and Lords of Acid. She was a lot of fun. As far as Skinny Puppy goes, I still like the first album quite a bit. I'll pull up Dig It on Youtube from time to time but I think my favorite off that album is Love. A bit more subdued than the rest on the songs on there.

Haha I LOLed at “she was a lot of fun.” I’ll bet she was… <45>

Yeah, I went to the original Sextasy Ball show back in 1995, Lords of Acid headlined and TKK opened. I really like the first 2 Lords albums, they lost me after Voodoo U.

“Love” is a cool track. For me, Too Dark Park is my favorite Puppy record. They’re a cool band but never evolved enough to make me want all their albums. I always felt like you could have 3 or so Skinny Puppy albums and pretty much have it covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back