The 2 Worst MMA Cliches

Everything else is virtually Identical

Its a war of attrition

Hit on the button

He got caught

Wrestler/Jiu-Jitsu guy fighting striker "I'll stand and trade/bang with him but after he feels my hands I don't think he's going to want to stand with me"

*shoots for takedown after 0.8 seconds*

It's not my job to decide who I fight, that's down to the UFC-when fighters are asked who they would like to fight next or think of X matchup. Yeah dude we know but it wouldn't kill you to speculate

You know what happens when two wrestlers face each other? They usually end up in a kickboxing battle.

Nick Diaz great weakness is wrestlers.

the only wrestler he's ever fought and lost to is Sean Sherk, and if you've seen that fight you know he wasn't outwrestled.

Silva vs Maia?

Lol, pretty close. I'l have to think of something more ridiculous, like two fighters deciding to play a game of hungry hungry hippos instead of fighting. Or giving a shadow puppet recreation of the hit broadway musical Flashdance

Lol, pretty close. I'l have to think of something more ridiculous, like two fighters deciding to play a game of hungry hungry hippos instead of fighting. Or giving a shadow puppet recreation of the hit broadway musical Flashdance

GSP 50 - 45 bank on it

Dana White: He's in the mix, we'll see what happens, it is what it is,

He has a punchers chance, every fight starts standing,

He's going to have to kill me to stop me.....pretty sure knocking you out or choking you to sleep will suffice.

I'm/He's going to impose my/his will

He has never fought anyone like me before

People saying "it is what it is". Of course it is, that's literally axiomatic.

Wider society does this too, to be fair.

More Dana White: "We're the only sport other than boxing that's regulated by the government/"We're regulated by the government, the fucking government"

"fightings in out blood, we like it and we get it"

"There's never been a death or serious injury in the x amount of years of the UFC"

"It's fucking illegal"

"You know when we started this thing the three no brainers were the U.S, Mexico and the UK. I never imagined Canada/Brazil/Other country taking off the way it did"

"Look I'm 6'3 , 350 and have the cardio of an diabetic seven year old with asthama but I could totally take *insert UFC Flyweight or Lightweight here*.

Yeah I'm sure you could. I'm sure being bigger somehow gives you a strong chin because you sure as hell don't have enough foot work or head movement to avoid their punches.
I'm also sure you'll totally be able to check all of their leg kicks and just wrestle them to ground with your awesome haven't been to a gym in ten years strength.

That was an interesting read. Dont leave it in the hands of the judges IS good advice, but it shouldnt be used as an excuse for poor judging.

For me tho, the most annoying cliche will always be "its gonna be a war" that saying annoys me so much because 1 its hardly ever true and 2 its a disservice to those who know what war is like. (not that I do, Im not in the army)

Back