"That's what Mexicans do, we hold our ground & we fight" - Melendez

Jones vs. Gus was better than this. I had Gil winning this fight decisively. It was entertaining, but not the greatest. Rogan always gets excited (LOL).

Not close to best fight ever
the hyping is to expected considering it just happened tho

Nah remember wanderlei vs Liddell?

Not even close...

This fight was top 10, possibly top 5 in the UFC.

I'd put Shogun vs Henderson over it in the UFC. Quiet a few Pride fights and a few outside of Pride and UFC. Its top 10 in MMA and top 5 UFC.

I wouldn't put Wand vs Liddell on the top 5 UFC either.

I dont wanna stir too much up but. What if a white fighter says. "Thats what white people do, we dominate everyone".

unfortunately not all mexican mma fighters fight that way....

yet they try to be as mexican as possible for marketing

So because I am Irish, English, and Polish by blood (genetics transcends race mostly, mind you), I can directly relate to those native peoples? lol

Are you the first generation of your family living in this country?

I couldn't fault someone for saying the best ever. especially if theyre a gil fan.

Hell Id say Nick vs Gomi is the best but IM a huge diaz fan so...

its called genetics

Mexican genetics can be pretty much anything, Mexico is a melting pot that already melted long time ago.

unfortunately not all mexican mma fighters fight that way....

yet they try to be as mexican as possible for marketing

I agree, i doubt cain even listens to the type of music that he comes out to.

I dont wanna stir too much up but. What if a white fighter says. "Thats what white people do, we dominate everyone".

i wouldn't say its any different than saying blacks are athletic. and philly fighters are tough as nails.

I agree, i doubt cain even listens to the type of music that he comes out to.

lol its all marketing. but at the end of the day you can't blame him. it brings in the sponsorship opportunities, and the money.

i wouldn't say its any different than saying blacks are athletic. and philly fighters are tough as nails.

But if whites say it then theres gonna be all this crap about how he's racist or a neo nazi.

i agree with those saying it wasnt THAT great...i enjoyed the fight and Gilbert is one of my favorite fighters(i've always liked Diego as well) but it wasnt that great.

In fact, i was getting annoyed by Rogan hyping it up so much because he was making it seem more competitive than it actually was. It's been the best fight on this card though. Took the money right out of Jessica Eye-Sarah Kaufman's purses.

Back