Media 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career

I wouldn’t close the door on him forever. Hope he gets the chance to rehabilitate himself and earn himself a living in the UFC yet. 2nd chances and all that…..

It's a weird thing to do. I feel like he probably just snapped. Sucks he went into some sort of Primal survival mode. I actually feel a bit bad for the guy, but when you do it on the big stage like that you got to own it.

87212fc3-e1dd-457d-8dfb-9576eee7dfb8_text.gif

Igor should've stuck to eye gouging, only warnings for those fouls. Biting and fish-hooking are illegal.

It happened on the ultimate fighter once and Dana White pulled the guy aside to talk to him. I forget the guys name, but he came clean and said “I’m sorry, I just really wanted to win..” Dana White respected that he took accountability and let him stay on the show.

The banning here is a little weird given that (although different time), but who knows how the conversation went about it I guess.

He completely lost control. Snapped. What made it even more bizarre is he was doing well in the fight. It's like he checked out mid-fight and just went into primal zombie mode.
And then you have people like Tuiavasa who was practically dying in his last fight and stayed mentally strong. If that was me I would be not just biting but breaking fingers (small digit manipulation). But also if that was me, it would be a street fight anyway because I'd never be in the UFC. So anything goes!

And then you have people like Tuiavasa who was practically dying in his last fight and stayed mentally strong. If that was me I would be not just biting but breaking fingers (small digit manipulation). But also if that was me, it would be a street fight anyway because I'd never be in the UFC. So anything goes!

You don't fucking go breaking fingers in a street fight, that is overkill by a huge margin, you're not fighting Mossad agents sent to kill you

Personally I think intentional eye pokes are worse.

This guy fucked up, he owns it. Punishment is warranted, but A lifetime ban seems steep.

You don't fucking go breaking fingers in a street fight, that is overkill by a huge margin, you're not fighting Mossad agents sent to kill you
You do if you can't get out of a hold. Personally I have gouged eyes from the bottom in a real fight. Dude had glasses too, I one handed crushed them before the eye poke hoping he'd stop. The eye attack DID work though.
I was attacked randomly sitting in a chair so I felt it was justified.

You do if you can't get out of a hold. Personally I have gouged eyes from the bottom in a real fight. Dude had glasses too, I one handed crushed them before the eye poke hoping he'd stop. The eye attack DID work though.
I was attacked randomly sitting in a chair so I felt it was justified.
That's fucked up. But that's the thing about street fights i guess. No rules and quick thinking. I don't judge.

How the hell do you get randomly attacked in your chair by a stranger in glasses anyways?

Back