That guy who Islam "Russian Tie Snapped" at AKA pulled it off against someone else in a tournament

The way he said it was not because he was disgruntled.. he used coach speech. And used several phrases that would go over mists heads if they haven’t had to deal with a similar athlete

you have "dealt" with a guy as talented, successful, and rich as connor?

I can think of multiple ways I could push Conor and he has multiple deficiencies. There is a reason his match making was so specific for so long. Of all of the Champions, Conor would be the easiest to push and put outside his comfort zone
What different ways would you use specificially to push Connor. Also the multiple deficiencies you see could you list those also. I am just curious to know what issues do high level grapplers/martial artists see in Connors game.

Connors training want the issue, it was a style match up. Connor could train wrestling for 5 years straight and not stop kabobs takedowns. Kabib has taken down guys who have wrestled all their lives.

I can think of multiple ways I could push Conor and he has multiple deficiencies. There is a reason his match making was so specific for so long. Of all of the Champions, Conor would be the easiest to push and put outside his comfort zone

What are your credentials?

awesome couple of vids, good on that guy....

boo to the people going on about khabib n conor in here lol

What are your credentials?
Wrestled DI and have coached for 5 years. years. It is not hard to read the psychology and when you actually listen to Kavanaugh in multiple interviews. I’ve also spoken to people that you would most likely be wilyto spend lots of money to learn from
Connors training want the issue, it was a style match up. Connor could train wrestling for 5 years straight and not stop kabobs takedowns. Kabib has taken down guys who have wrestled all their lives.
It’s not just about “stopping” the takedowns”. It’s about being able to fight through them and get out, beyond illegally grabbing the gloves or fence. nothing Khabib does is as “unique” as you are saying. Ah yes the traditional bjj/striker adage of.. well ill have to deal with adversity to truly improve my wrestling so why even try right?
you have "dealt" with a guy as talented, successful, and rich as connor?
Talented as? Yup. As Successful? No not quite. Still can read the signs. Rich? Yes as in rich enough they can do what they want.

What different ways would you use specificially to push Connor. Also the multiple deficiencies you see could you list those also. I am just curious to know what issues do high level grapplers/martial artists see in Connors game.
As far as pushing him goes. It’s honestly pretty simple, put him in a situation where he doesn’t always get his way, starting with bringing in training partners that can push him for longer than a drop in. Even if he “doesn’t always get along” with them. And the big ones are doesn’t have an active guard and it was very clear he did not practice actually escaping someone who was trying to ride him, all of the other stuff stems from that

People can disagree if they want. My read on Conor has been pretty spot on though for a while

Ah yes the traditional bjj/striker adage of.. well ill have to deal with adversity to truly improve my wrestling so why even try right?

Conor didn't show any significant jiu jitsu in the Khabib fight. He had a let's sit in guard taking it in the face till the rounds strategy.

Conor didn't show any significant jiu jitsu in the Khabib fight. He had a let's sit in guard taking it in the face till the rounds strategy.
Yup it’s part of why I know he doesn’t have to worry about getting pushed in practice

Why have people decided to call this a Russian tie snap? What's 'Russian Tie' about it? Isn't this a wrist shuck?

Love that move. Abdusalam Gadisov (World Champ) and Aniuar Geduev (Olympic Silver Medalist) are two high level Russian wrestlers that I've seen pull that move off on the world stage. They usually set it up with a fake single leg snatch, and when the opponent reacts by jumping his feet away and off the mat, they immediately pull the opponent's wrist across their body. Beautiful technique. I wonder if we'll start seeing it in collegiate wrestling soon.

Back