That guy who Islam "Russian Tie Snapped" at AKA pulled it off against someone else in a tournament

well thats how you learn if you consantly train with people thats better then you, you will improve. Thats why rousey and McGregor hit their ceiling because having yes man around you with no proper training partners will only get you seo far. That includes inviting someone high level for a training camp.

well thats how you learn if you consantly train with people thats better then you, you will improve. Thats why rousey and McGregor hit their ceiling because having yes man around you with no proper training partners will only get you seo far. That includes inviting someone high level for a training camp.

McGregor didn't hit his ceiling. He lost to arguably the greatest lightweight of all time. He never stopped training at a high level. Rousey, that's a different story.

McGregor didn't hit his ceiling. He lost to arguably the greatest lightweight of all time. He never stopped training at a high level. Rousey, that's a different story.
His own trainer admitted Conor won’t train with anyone who consistently beats him in practice

It's good when the other guy is very stooped over while handfighting; which is a lot of guys.

His own trainer admitted Conor won’t train with anyone who consistently beats him in practice

He has plenty of guys that can dominate him in their area of specialty. Gunnar and dillon whipes the floor with connor in grappling, connor also brought in olympic level wrestlers that destroy him in wrestling.

connor also brought in olympic level wrestlers that destroy him in wrestling.
According to Kavanaugh this is not true. Connor trains wrestling primarily with his wrestling coach Sergey Pikulsky (might be misspelling his name) but nobody was brought in to train wrestling as a whole.

Are you aware of any Olympic level guys that Connor has trained with? I don't believe he did a whole lot of training with Maroulis.

He has plenty of guys that can dominate him in their area of specialty. Gunnar and dillon whipes the floor with connor in grappling, connor also brought in olympic level wrestlers that destroy him in wrestling.
I think one of their biggest mistakes was believing that Dilon Danis could replicate Khabib.

I think one of their biggest mistakes was believing that Dilon Danis could replicate Khabib.

He never thought that. Dannis was for his jiu jitsu, he had wrestlers come in . However kabib has a very unique style that isnt yout typical freestyle or even folkstyle wrestling. Very hard to duplicate.

Doing a practice or two with drop ins that are played as practice friendlies isn’t the same as having a training partner that consistently beats you in practice

He never thought that. Dannis was for his jiu jitsu, he had wrestlers come in . However kabib has a very unique style that isnt yout typical freestyle or even folkstyle wrestling. Very hard to duplicate.
Actually according to Kavanaugh and Danis himself, his job was to replicate Khabib's grappling style. Danis was even quoted as saying something to the effect of "I have the takedowns I have the grappling and I'm a bit bigger than Khabib. So I'm like Khabib but better...".
I'm honestly curious what wrestlers you know of that were brought in for any significant chunk of camp. Bc Kavanaugh himself said it fell on the shoulders of Sergey Pikulski, Danis, and Gunnar.

Khabib's style is unique in that its very high level and he has a vast understanding of multiple grappling arts but his execution in the cage is nothing unusual. Now I understand what they were thinking which was basically "we're never going to turn Connor into a wrestler and we wouldn't want to" but the fact that Connor wasn't training the greater art of wrestling for all that time leading up to Khabib was a mistake. And as good as Khabib's wrestling/grappling is, there are guys out there with comparable wrestling/grappling skills and Connor has the money and the name to get one of them.

To be fair, when you're world champion, there should be very few people that would beat you in practice. Coaches have to great creative to push the top athletes

To be fair, when you're world champion, there should be very few people that would beat you in practice. Coaches have to great creative to push the top athletes
I can think of multiple ways I could push Conor and he has multiple deficiencies. There is a reason his match making was so specific for so long. Of all of the Champions, Conor would be the easiest to push and put outside his comfort zone

A disgruntled trainer is not a fully reliable source.
The way he said it was not because he was disgruntled.. he used coach speech. And used several phrases that would go over mists heads if they haven’t had to deal with a similar athlete

Back