Thank you EliteXC!

I didn't see the match, but setting it back 5 years? I'm sorry, but I don't remember MMA being so horible 5 years ago. Heck, in some ways I liked it better.

me too----pre tuf noob days were the best

Bad is not even close to describing the "ground work" in this fight. And to top off the shitty fights, all the stoppages were way too early. What a joke. Id rather pay for a quality PPV than watch another 200 free hours of this "mma."

all the stops were early except for the that would have made Kimbo lose.

Now, anyone who has any doubts as to what an MMA fight should look like please feel free to watch Torres v. Maeda, by far one of the best fights Ive seen in a while. Very exciting, beautiful transitions between wrestling, strking, and submissions, and just two guys who came to FIGHT.

Also, to a slightly lesser extent (but still a GREAT fight) pulver v. faber.

WEC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elite XC by about a light year.

^ I needed that shot of real mma to chase away that nasty Elite XC hangover....

^ I needed that shot of real mma to chase away that nasty Elite XC hangover....

so did i man, it really washed the bad taste, left in my mouth saturday night, away. a friend of mine watched both shows as a noob to mma and was able to tell saturday was bad even before seeing sundays fights.

As bad as it may have been, How bad were MOST fo the fights back in 1993 when we fell in love with the sport?

Have you guys seen the ratings?

I think with that kind of exposure they will grow the sprot even more.

Was it bad, Yep, was it bad for the sport...IMO , NOPE.

All that being said I hope they set up some good matches next go round.

What was up with the announcer at the beginning saying something like "what you are about to watch is brutal, violent, etc...

Made it sound as if it was a backyard brawl between 2 opponents with no training and no rules.

Oh wait a minute...some of the fights looked just like that.

And yes, Kimbo needs to spend a lot more time on his ground game and his cardio if he is ever expecting to become a legitimate contender in this sport.

I was very surprised to see how early he gassed considering who he has been training with.

Lawler/Smith should have been the main event. Shame about the bullshit stoppage though. why did they not give him the full 5 minutes to recover?

Lawler/Smith should have been the main event. Shame about the bullshit stoppage though. why did they not give him the full 5 minutes to recover?

Because the show had already run close to an hour over its timeslot.

Thank God for WEC's card. That was pure technical joy compared to this trainwreck. Torres/Maeda makes a case for FOTY.

and as for "Cut kicks", i kept hearing "Cupcakes".

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjzrNWPul9E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjzrNWPul9E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

i thought elite xc was ok--but im not a whiney little girl who has to make threads on how bad it was --blah blah

The groundwork was absolutely awful.

Back