Thai glove & Mexican same shit diffrent name?

banderkejs

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Honestly. As i was surfing the net looking for some pair of Bag Gloves i was looking at the gloves made by Grant comparing to those made by FAIRTEX. I really thought they lookd the same.

I know, u are telling me there is no way in hell those two can be compared.
A pair of mexican gloves are made of goatskin and thai gloves are made of cowhide. But is there really any big difference? Let`s take a closer look.

Why does a pair of mexican glove cost almost 70$ more then gloves made in thailand? You`re telling me goatskin is my anwser? i dont think so. Couse if that was the case, then i can either feel or see any differences.

Lets compare a pair of mexican gloves versus thai.

edit* sorry, pictures no longer hosted*

WINDY 18OZ

CLETO REYES 16OZ

WINDY, PROFILE

WINDY, ATTACHED THUMB

CLETO REYES, PROFILE

CLETO REYES, ATTACHED THUMB

WINDY FROM ABOVE

CLETO REYES, FROM ABOVE

WINDY, WRIST

CLETO REYES WRIST

WINDY, PALM

CLETO REYES, PALM

From what i can see, the Reyes gloves has a more sophisticated seams. But i can asure you that the inner material inside the glove is the same.

Those windy are bought in Thailand for 25$, they are sold in the US up to 54$.

Now the Reyes are sold up to 120$ But im not sure what they cost in Mexico.

Thats still 66$ of what DO i GET!?

Goatskin
Goatskin is considered to be both durable and supple. Mostly available in thin cuts, this leather is great for products made for light to medium protective needs.

Cowhide
Cowhide is an overall favorite leather because it strikes a good balance among durability, dexterity, abrasion resistance, and comfort.

I know that gloves like Reyes and Grant has more kinde of status since they are used in K-1 MAX, Pro Boxing , ect.

But then again, Fairtex gloves are used in K-1 USA. (las vegas)

I honestly belive, that if a thai glove isent equally as good as a mexican glove, then its near to it. those 66$ isent worth the waste on a pair of mexican gloves. IMHO. :icon_twis

Discuss.

I have only used Thai gloves and they have held up more than their end of the bargain. Title and Ringside are also good quality for the price. I have never used the Mexican gloves.

New computer, fucking thing. I promise I won't count the last three. I will add more so as not to be a complete postwhore. I have used the following and would give them the Brandinho seal of approval: Windy, Twins, ThaiSmai. I have had nothing but the best of luck, and they fucking last and hold up to a beating. Regardless of a manufacturer, you can spot a quality glove. Extra stitching and heavier, closer together threads. Real leather, ample room on the inside, good velcro, inside material. I know it is hard when you cannot try them out though. I have ordered from the old ThaiSmai store, eBay, and Twins. IMHO, if you are practicing MT, use Thai gloves. If boxing, American or Mexican. When in Rome...

I've wondered the about the same reasons for the ridiculous price. I've felt Mexican gloves and though sometimes the pading is softer, you could still just get a less padded lower weight leather gloves and save some cash.

they look alike, however they dont feel the same, I dont know exactly what it is, maybe its me,

and believe they are no cheaper here in Mexico, at least $100 Dlls

You will find a mexican glove will conform alot better to your hand than a thai one, try one out I have used Twins but to be honest I ended up ditching them for some grant.

Thai boxing gloves like fairtex, windy, etc are like pillows compared to mexican style gloves.

Mexicans style gloves may be the same oz. as others but they distribute more of the padding to the back of the hand etc. to give them a very hard feel and less protection over the knuckles. they are a "puncher's glove" and that's why they are worn by some of the best boxers around. imho a Cleto Reyes glove is worth it's weight in gold.

Mexican style gloves are one of the best gloves a boxer can buy. Especially Reyes.

Back