• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thai boys soccer team found safe after 9 days in cave. Edit: All out safely.

This is an amazing short about the training of cave diving, and not even DEEP cave diving...

Here is a 4-part series I watched recently about the history of cave diving in the UK - it's shitty 80's quality, but really fascinating...

And here is a video about the last dive of Dave Shaw, died diving in Bushman's Hole, a 280m deep (!!!!) cave trying to retrieve the body of another diver who'd also perished there.

Cave diving is fascinating....but totally insane...

Nope. Whole lot of Nope.

Cave Diving: not even fucking once:eek:

The Thais aren't stealing anyone's valour. They just carried out a rescue that will be the gold standard for such operations for years to come. I've no doubt the SEAL's have killed more bad guys. If I was being held hostage by terrorists and had to choose between the Thais and the US Navy SEAL's, I'd want the Americans to rescue me. But in terms of sheer courage, selflessness and grace under pressure, what the Thai's did today is equal to anything in the US Navy SEAL's long and illustrious history.

I suspect the Thai divers were more physically equipped for this dive as they are usually smaller and can fit through more places.

Watching thread hijack like

angryseal.jpg

That's a blessing. Very good news.

Coach needs to exit that country yesterday...lol

<GSPWoah>
At the very least someone needs to explain to the media the difference.

Agreed.

<{gspressed}>

I doubt the media, or most other people, give a shit. You're in a minority if you think the Thai's calling themselves SEAL's matters in the great scheme of things.

I suspect the Thai divers were more physically equipped for this dive as they are usually smaller and can fit through more places.

Doesn't change the fact it took a Massive Pair of Brass Ones along with God-tier skill to carry it out.

<{gspressed}>

I doubt the media, or most other people, give a shit. You're in a minority if you think the Thai's calling themselves SEAL's matters in the great scheme of things.
I have repeatedly declared that it is a trivial grievance.

Nevertheless, it's never again one that you, or anyone reading this thread, is going to overlook, and I am unaffected by your attempts to make this about me.

I have repeatedly declared that it is a trivial grievance.

Nevertheless, it's never again one that you, or anyone reading this thread, is going to overlook, and I am unaffected by your attempts to make this about me.

I'll continue to overlook it because, to me, it's utterly irrelevant.

They just saved nine kids and their coach from certain death, in one of the most dangerous and physically challenging places a successful rescue operation has ever been mounted. And they lost a brave man doing it.

They can call themselves The Avengers if they want to:cool:

Well they certainly won’t be calling themselves the justice league. (them movies suck bigtime)

Footage/interviews are starting to come out. Incredible. Even an expert diver part of the rescue operation didn't initially think it was possible.

Only soccer team in the world who doesn’t know how to dive

For some reason , i see a movie about this being pretty boring? The most exciting part would be them going deeper in the cave when the floods came.. After that it's 14 people sitting in the pitch black for 14 days or whatever.. And then getting rescued is 4 hours in pitch black diving? Don't really see much of a film but who knows.

Back