• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TFW Jake Shields has wins over Robbie, Condit, Woodley and Maia

shields4.0.0.JPG

Palhares still owned him though via cup choke.

Damn that's some slippery taint.

Jake is the world's baddest nerd. Love the guy

shields4.0.0.JPG

Palhares still owned him though via cup choke.

Jake got angry and frustrated by the constant eye gouging and terrible reffing. It changed the whole fight. Steve is the worst ref ever. He should have been fired after that fight.

There was literally another thread on this exact same subject recently

I could watch Shields and Maia fight each other three times a year.

Not to mention a prime Hendo who is a top 10 goat in most people's eyes. Shields is somewhere in the top 20, possibly 15 in the greatest fighters of all time list. Deal with it people.

Sheilds and Fish were unmarketable as champs, and contender killers, so they had to get rid of them.

The NHL never got rid of the New Jersey Devils in the mid 90's.
Just sayin.

Shields is top 5 WW in the world still.

I think Lawler, Condit, Hendricks and Rory beats him. Outside of that he probably beats rest of top WW division.

Palhares needs to be let back in the UFC. That's the real WW champ right there. I think he beats everyone but Rory. Rory will put on his best Alan Belcher impersonation. I no he's an asshole but he's a damn special fighter.

Yeah...

He has a fan friendly type of bjj. Idk get a translator to explain to him that he could face legal recourse if he doesn't let go of a submission in a reasonable amount of time

Tbh I miss shields, and I enjoyed his fight with palhares. Even though I was rooting for rousimar, I felt bad that shields was essentially cheated against after a great grappling war.

Shields could still beat most of welterweight top 10 IMO

Call it karma for all the finger in the eye action he had against GSP. Seemed kind of fitting in a way that someone would do it to him down the line.

He has a fan friendly type of bjj. Idk get a translator to explain to him that he could face legal recourse if he doesn't let go of a submission in a reasonable amount of time

The guy has fucked up too many times for it to be a coincidence.

He's either slow or willfully injuring opponents., take your pick.

Jake is pretty under appreciated. Sad, considering how good he's been his whole career. Wish he was still in the UFC.

The guy has fucked up too many times for it to be a coincidence.

He's either slow or willfully injuring opponents., take your pick.
I'm hoping he's just slow. He can't come back if he's holding on to purposely injure people.

Back