TFATK - Schaub and Callen clarify Browne/Rousey comments

Malthian

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Schaub and Callen backtrack on comments regarding Browne and Rousey in the newest TFATK. Starting at 9:50 - 18:30

Main points...

-Browne abuse situation is just allegations based upon rumor and hearsay. They don't actually know anything

-comments regarding Rousey were edited out because the accusations of Rousey and Travis being involved were alleged (ie, not factual or based upon their own information) and he was informed by his producers that unless he specifically says that they are alleged he is opening Fox and the show to potential legal liability

-Schaub wishes them both the best and if they are involved he hopes that they're happy

-claims that they're not intentionally trying to gather media attention with Rousey comments

-Callen notes that sometimes they should just say that they don't know enough to make a judgement. Schaub says that he should have an opinion regardless or they shouldn't be on radio/have a podcast.

comments regarding Rousey were edited out

schaub said on twitter that there was not going to be any edits to the podcast.....

so are you telling me he is a liar?

HUGE
if
True

It's 9 minutes. Listen for yourself. He said it was edited out.

He was initially opposed to editing it out until his producer pointed out that not specifying that they were allegations versus factual (unless he was going to make a statement based on his own knowledge) would open both Fox, himself and the show to legal liability.

and he and callen just signed a huge deal with fox

nice for him

It's 9 minutes. Listen for yourself. He said it was edited out.

He was initially opposed to editing it out until his producer pointed out that not specifying that they were allegations versus factual (unless he was going to make a statement based on his own knowledge) would open both Fox, himself and the show to legal liability.

Sounds like schaub is a sell out

O3xz0rF.png

and he and callen just signed a huge deal with fox

nice for him

I listened to schaub cuz I thought he was real

but now that I know its all about money

I wont be listening any longer

another sheep mma podcast that I have no time for

Big Browne: I don't wanna talk about this, but I will bring up the topic at every single chance.

IF Rousey is with Browne, and IF the allegations against him are, in fact, true, then I support them calling out Rousey for her comments about Mayweather.

Can someone give me the back story / timeline of this?

I listen on and off to TFATK but wasnt aware controversial comments were made in a previous episode?

Which episode was the one where they were originally making comments on ROusey / Brown?

What was allegedly said in the 9 minutes of audio that were edited out? Did this original 9 minutes out out live and then get edited once the show was put on itunes?

Any feedback is good so i can listen to the shows in the right order

Thanks folks

I listened to schaub cuz I thought he was real

but now that I know its all about money

I wont be listening any longer

another sheep mma podcast that I have no time for

Yes because getting sued and having all your bosses pissed off at you are fun.

Yes because getting sued and having all your bosses pissed off at you are fun.

Didn't say it was fun

Just saying if schaub was going to run away with his tail tucked between his legs then just dont open your mouth in the first place

I dont respect people who say something, then edit it out, then make a podcast episode telling us how they were wrong to say the things they did.

I think people like that are fake

Didn't say it was fun

Just saying if schaub was going to run away with his tail tucked between his legs then just dont open your mouth in the first place

I dont respect people who say something, then edit it out, then make a podcast episode telling us how they were wrong to say the things they did.

I think people like that are fake

Well, people say stuff live that they sometimes regret or realize in hindsight are poor choices. That isn't fake, that's reconsidering the ramifications of what you say.

If you say something irresponsible, or something that is easily misrepresented, or something that is factually incorrect or can be easily misinterpreted then there is nothing wrong with walking it back. In fact, it's both responsible and moral to do so.

Whether you think he was walking back something because he said something he really meant, or because he said something that he realized was irresponsible or factually incorrect is up to you.

Either you believe that he actually knows the real situation, or that he was going by rumor and hearsay like everyone else. Personally I consider either situation to be possible. Yes, he knows people that are close to Rousey so he might hear stuff, on the other hand he's an ex several years removed of Rousey so it's not like everyone keeps their ex up to date on their social lives.

Well, people say stuff live that they sometimes regret or realize in hindsight are poor choices. That isn't fake, that's reconsidering the ramifications of what you say.

If you say something irresponsible, or something that is easily misrepresented, or something that is factually incorrect or can be easily misinterpreted then there is nothing wrong with walking it back. In fact, it's both responsible and moral to do so.

Whether you think he was walking back something because he said something he really meant, or because he said something that he realized was irresponsible or factually incorrect is up to you.

Either you believe that he actually knows the real situation, or that he was going by rumor and hearsay like everyone else. Personally I consider either situation to be possible. Yes, he knows people that are close to Rousey so he might hear stuff, on the other hand he's an ex several years removed of Rousey so it's not like everyone keeps their ex up to date on their social lives.

I agree with you

schaub is on a podcast with a million listeners
he should be more mature with his thoughts and words
then we wouldnt have this problem

Schaub loves that podcast money. It's good he and that other guy on the show decided to shut the fuck up about this issue tho.

We don't need lesser athletes and peripheral figures in MMA to sully RONDA's incredible star power.

I agree with you

schaub is on a podcast with a million listeners
he should be more mature with his thoughts and words
then we wouldnt have this problem

Don't know about you, but I've never been under any illusions that Schaub was mature, or that he carefully thought about what he says before he says it.

This isn't the evening news... this is a podcast with a comedian and a former MMA fighter/football player who spends a large amount of time making sophomoric jokes and comments about how hot women are.

TFATK isn't PBS...

I always thought The Fighter and the Kid was a dumb name considering Bryan is older than Schaub.

I listened to a clip on reddit and schaub basically called out Ronda for being a hypocrite - the way he worded it was pretty succinct - it would have done nothing for this new empowered feminist role model image she got going and iv no dout her hollywood managers were all over it talking to fox

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back