TFATK - Schaub and Callen clarify Browne/Rousey comments

Don't know about you, but I've never been under any illusions that Schaub was mature, or that he carefully thought about what he says before he says it.

This isn't the evening news... this is a podcast with a comedian and a former MMA fighter/football player who spends a large amount of time making sophomoric jokes and comments about how hot women are.

TFATK isn't PBS...

See you lost me here

If TFATK is not pbs or the news

then why did they come crawling to say sorry about the ronda comments....

Someone claimed they had a deal with fox. So obviously they are pretty much PBS now

This was my entire point in one of my first posts...

I listened to a clip on reddit and schaub basically called out Ronda for being a hypocrite - the way he worded it was pretty succinct - it would have done nothing for this new empowered feminist role model image she got going and iv no dout her hollywood managers were all over it talking to fox

Nobody could do anything if Schaub just said that he had personal knowledge of the situation and that he had been told something or had seen something.

You can be sued for saying something that isn't true. You can't be sued if you report something based upon actual sources or have witnessed something and can confirm it as true.

As TFATK is media, all Schaub would have to say is that he has been told by multiple sources that they are involved, or that he's known for some time that they're involved.

So either he doesn't know anything, or he knows something and has decided not to say anything. There really isn't a middle ground.

If TFATK is not pbs or the news

then why did they come crawling to say sorry about the ronda comments....

PBS puts very specific limits on the types of comments that their broadcasters can make. It's why you won't see someone making boob jokes. It has less to do with them not being the news, than there being a different standard of expected behavior. It's like comparing ESPN's talking heads and the people who do the evening News. ESPN can say all kinds of ridiculous stuff. If you're on PBS, you'll get fired for doing that.

As for rolling it back, it's because there's still slander laws. If you make factually incorrect statements that can cause damage to another person's reputation, you open yourself to legal liability. IE, he can say there's a rumor of XXX, or that there's allegations of YYY, you just can't speak about it as factual without sources (journalist's privilege), or personal knowledge (eye witness).

I wonder how many other times they have edited out comments and backtracked like this

I cant remember another time.... I wonder if Dana called schaub and yelled at him

or maybe ronda herself called schaub

There is way more to this story then we are being told right now

I wonder how many other times they have edited out comments and backtracked like this

I cant remember another time.... I wonder if Dana called schaub and yelled at him

or maybe ronda herself called schaub

There is way more to this story then we are being told right now

Or maybe nobody he's smack talked before actually has enough money for the producers and Fox to bother warning him. If you slander a random person, they don't have the money or the interest in suing you so they usually won't.

Lawsuits are very expensive, so unless you have a LOT to lose then generally you won't bother.

It's why you have to be very careful saying or printing things about rich people and big corporations. If you slander the average joe, it's hard for them to prove damage (they don't have much money to start with, so how much can they really lose?), and it's so expensive to sue that unless you're doing it solely on principle it just isn't worth it.

The lawyers at Fox (his bosses) would have realized what happened right away. The UFC or Rousey wouldn't need to call him, the legal department would immediately red flag it and warn his producers that he crossed a line. IE, he would need to edit it out and given that it was already in the public sphere he would need to clarify the situation.

Huge corps like Fox generally don't wait until someone calls them. They have entire legal departments dedicated to doing nothing but making sure that nothing goes out on the air that will leave them vulnerable to lawsuits.

Didn't say it was fun

Just saying if schaub was going to run away with his tail tucked between his legs then just dont open your mouth in the first place

I dont respect people who say something, then edit it out, then make a podcast episode telling us how they were wrong to say the things they did.

I think people like that are fake

It's called defamation of character (or something like that) and is illegal. According to their lawyers they could be sued. So if you think avoiding a lawsuit is being "fake" then good for you kid. Glad you put in there that you don't respect those people, because I'm sure nobody respects you for this dumdum post.

If I can't believe in Brendan Schaub what can I believe in?

I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me and I'm falling. But I don't hit the ground, I just keep falling and falling and falling.

It's called defamation of character (or something like that) and is illegal. According to their lawyers they could be sued. So if you think avoiding a lawsuit is being "fake" then good for you kid. Glad you put in there that you don't respect those people, because I'm sure nobody respects you for this dumdum post.

Sorry schaub

I still wont be listening tho

Howard stern laughs at your lawsuit bullshit

My point still stands

schaub knew there would be backlash before he ever said anything

HE SAID IT ANYWAYS

then he showed his true colors and came crying back to say sorry

If I can't believe in Brendan Schaub what can I believe in?

I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me and I'm falling. But I don't hit the ground, I just keep falling and falling and falling.

Same+story+here+bro+_090e60b768d10714c36e7accabbeafbc.jpg

Stopped listening a while ago after they started bringing weirdo guests from Rogan's Podcast. It's not even a MMA podcast.

Didn't say it was fun

Just saying if schaub was going to run away with his tail tucked between his legs then just dont open your mouth in the first place

I dont respect people who say something, then edit it out, then make a podcast episode telling us how they were wrong to say the things they did.

I think people like that are fake

If only he was as awesome as you and never made any mistakes ever in life. What a phony. I don't respect people that make mistakes and try to correct them. They're not even alpha.

Haha.

Schaub sounded so fucking butt hurt.

"I'm never talking about Ronda or Travis on the show ever again."

Love me some FatK, love me some Sherdog. Which the latter would stop s#itting on the former.

Listening to Schaub on the Anik & Florian podcast was just unbearable. The guy has such a high opinion of himself, and really doesn't seem to understand that as a de facto FOX employee (the podcast is put on by FOX), he has to learn how to toe the party line if he wishes to remain an employee of FOX.

I'm not saying that he has to censor himself - this is a free country and he should be able to do what he wants; however, he should then do the podcast on his own (not via FOX) so that he doesn't have to be paranoid about everything he says (and later edit/apologize for it).

Of course he shut it down, why wouldn't he? The dude lives on the beach, drives a porche and gets paid large to sing about dicks. You really think he'd lose all that by sticking to a non-story and getting fired/sued?

We don't know if they're dating, all we have is a pic of them at a group dinner and his ex wife's accusations. There is a reason every mma site avoided that story like a plague.

This thread is MMA version of the House Wives of Pratt city

We don't know if they're dating, all we have is a pic of them at a group dinner and his ex wife's accusations. There is a reason every mma site avoided that story like a plague.

It's so obvious yet inexperienced media types still make the mistake over and over. Raimondi actually commented in one of his tweets about it recently.

Marc RaimondiVerified account
‏@marc_raimondi
Marc Raimondi retweeted Fury's Fight Picks

Back