Texas: Homeowner Stands His Ground, Gets Bullet in Face, Suspect at Large

Pretty hilarious. I'm assuming that some sort of inebriation was involved. It's in Texas. At 3AM. The South gonna South.

Well, we've all been there.

Lol... Note taken, don't shoot armadillo's.

They are pest and cause damage so shooting them is like killing rats. If you do you don't touch them they carry a form of leprosy that they give to humans.

We used anything from a 22 mag to a 30-30.

Trick is not shooting at an angle but more straight on.

Admittedly I've never shot one, but I have trouble believing the physics of shooting one with a .38 from 100 yards, and having it ricochet back into your face.

Admittedly I've never shot one, but I have trouble believing the physics of shooting one with a .38 from 100 yards, and having it ricochet back into your face.

Yea it sounds kind of strange.

The only thing that can stop a good guy with a gun is an armadillo with a shell.

How about a .50 cal round from 800 yards or so? Got this lovely one off a Military website redneck gonna redneck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL0YbfDv8oc

Big difference between shooting a steel plate with a (probably fmj) .50 and an armadillo with a .38. That doesn't look like 800 yards to me either.
It's not that I haven't seen ricochets before.

Armadillos are cute. Why would someone choose to shoot one?

I'm with Ruprecht on this one. I suspect a stump or something behind the armadillo was more likely the culprit.

All the ones I've seen had shells like leather not a turtle. Bullet either goes right through or, if the gun is powerful enough or you have the right kind of bullet, expands like in anything else making a big hole out the back.

And they dig big ass holes not "small holes" like the silly story says. If you have livestock or horses they could easily break their leg. Hence people shoot them.

Was this the armadillo he was shooting at?

images

Looks harmless.

I'm with Ruprecht on this one. I suspect a stump or something behind the armadillo was more likely the culprit.

All the ones I've seen had shells like leather not a turtle. Bullet either goes right through or, if the gun is powerful enough or you have the right kind of bullet, expands like in anything else making a big hole out the back.

And they dig big ass holes not "small holes" like the silly story says. If you have livestock or horses they could easily break their leg. Hence people shoot them.

The whole story of shooting at an armadillo from 100 yards away, with a .38, at 3am, all sounds odd to me.
...but if you go to hospital with a bullet wound, you've got to tell them something right?

Without witnesses I don't believe any shooting accident stories. People will make up any lie to avoid some embarrassment. Cleaning the gun is a euphemism for fucking around with it. :)

Without witnesses I don't believe any shooting accident stories. People will make up any lie to avoid some embarrassment. Cleaning the gun is a euphemism for fucking around with it. :)

This. I guess he saw a rock and thought it was an animal or something.

But while I stole that idea from another Website.. Armadillo Ricochet would be one badass band name.

Back