Texas Democrats launch largest voter registration campaign to hobble GOP's grip on the state

Cruz is a mainstay, a veteran senator with huge clout in a strongly favorable state. Not beating him doesn't necessarily say anything at all about his opposition.

Losing isn't kind of like winning, since the absolute result is that one person holds power and the other does not. But that doesn't determine whether a campaign was more effective than it would have been on average, and it doesn't explain why it was more effective. Money is a part of effective campaigning, but again, it's more that winners attract money than money making winners.

There is no reality where you are given 90 million and the media in a hostile state race. In order to have gotten the 90 million and the media, you would have had to have been a strong candidate, and would have attracted that attention, and the basic demographics would have to support you.

Let's put it another way. Say I give a random, lefty Democrat a billion dollars to bombard you with ads. That isn't going to get your vote. It's probably not even going to budge you. But say a Democrat comes along who actually makes a lot of sense to you, and who you see as a good politician and a good candidate despite being something other than Republican. What would have made the difference to you in that case? Money? No. It would have taken money to reach your ears and eyes, but on top of that, extra money wouldn't do very much.

Man reading the opinions here of the left. It wouldn’t be hard to sway the feeble minds I converse here with. Much less having 90M to do it

Man reading the opinions here of the left. It wouldn’t be hard to sway the feeble minds I converse here with. Much less having 90M to do it
Well, you're unable to sway my mind, and I'm kind of wiping the floor with you here, but also taking in everything you say and being fair, and not strawmanning you or anything. So maybe you're wrong that it wouldn't be hard to sway my feeble mind. It seems kind of hard, like you'll have to use better reasoning. But contrary to your assumption, feeble minds I've found are less-easily swayed because they don't factor good reasoning into their opinions.

Despicable underhanded tactics by Democrats because they can't win in Texas fair and square

Lol. Getting new voters registered is despicable and underhanded?

I'm pretty sure the absurd gerrymandering by the GOP is what's actually despicable and underhanded.

Holy retarded. It's almost as if North Dakota has only 750,000 people, 1 congressional district, 3 electral votes, and only 1% of the population aren't eligible voters, whereas Texas has 38 electoral votes and 5 million people who aren't from the US in addition to another few million illegals. But nah, it's probably racism, and not that one has a massive number of ineligible voters and the other has almost none.

That's not what this is. It clearly says they are only canvasing for people "likely to vote democrat". It says pretty clearly "shifting the electorate is our top priority".

I understand that’s what they’re trying to do, but I don’t really see a high probability of success in that direction. That doesn’t mean it will be a broad failure, just that it would probably be better to view how this actually impact Texas politics rather than judging on the binary success/failure of their overly optimistic stated ambitions.

Imagine being a third worlder with a superiority complex. Lmao at least your sad delusions are good for a laugh for the rest of us.

I guess that could happen. There is a reason why Hillary beat Trump in LA by 2,000,000 votes.
If the Democrats are getting millions of illegal voters to the polls how come NONE of the investigations into voting fraud including Presidential commissions under Republicans George W Bush and Donald Trump managed to uncover evidence of these millions of illegal voters?

Well, you're unable to sway my mind, and I'm kind of wiping the floor with you here, but also taking in everything you say and being fair, and not strawmanning you or anything. So maybe you're wrong that it wouldn't be hard to sway my feeble mind. It seems kind of hard, like you'll have to use better reasoning. But contrary to your assumption, feeble minds I've found are less-easily swayed because they don't factor good reasoning into their opinions.

Youre “wiping the floor” with words on a screen? ....ok. I wasn’t even talking about you but it looks like I touched on a sensitive nerve. You went goof pretty quick

Imagine being a third worlder with a superiority complex. Lmao at least your sad delusions are good for a laugh for the rest of us.

Haha ok then. The rest of you huh? Yes I know the tolerant left hates those third worlders not on the mental plantation but don’t make it so obvious. You’re supposed to be *tolerante and loving etc

I want to know what YOU think. Why do YOU think ultra-conservative business owning foreigners pretend to be liberal when they move to the West? Why do they join the "anti pro-nationalism" parties? Please, show you can put together an idea. If it's a good explanation, I assure you i would say so.

I don't think any of that is true so I couldn't theorize a WHY behind the fiction other than to say I think it's a crazy fever dream of delusional people with radically extreme political fantasies. I know "anti-pro-nationalism" isn't a thing but another mad raving of a vitriolic fringe.

By and large, imigrants have a wide array of views and idologies, and come from a wide array of places, upbrinings, generations, economic classes, cultures, etc... they aren't all one way. Almost without exception they came here for a better life but that can vary a lot in terms of meaning. Within a generation most have fully integrated into the American culture and melted into the melting pot bringing valuable contributions with them. Their best friends, spouses, children, etc... will likely be American born. They love and appreciate their new homeland, and they want to see America do well.

What you're describing, I've never seen first hand in my life.

I understand that’s what they’re trying to do, but I don’t really see a high probability of success in that direction. That doesn’t mean it will be a broad failure, just that it would probably be better to view how this actually impact Texas politics rather than judging on the binary success/failure of their overly optimistic stated ambitions.
<Fedor23>

With how inefficient they typically are with funds, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the money from their "multi-million dollar initiative" just went to salaries and went bust. I sort of agree that it isn't going to make much difference and I think it'll likely to be another "where did the money go" scenario.

Beto raised $78 million for a senate campaign, couldn't even stay in that budget and still lost, compared to Ted Cruz' budget of less than half that. Beto had a massive budget with the exact same goal as this initiative and wasn't able to do it, so I think they're just dumping millions to squeeze blood from stone with this, and likely skim a nice chunk of money from it as well.

Last edited:
Youre “wiping the floor” with words on a screen? ....ok. I wasn’t even talking about you but it looks like I touched on a sensitive nerve. You went goof pretty quick

Haha ok then. The rest of you huh? Yes I know the tolerant left hates those third worlders not on the mental plantation but don’t make it so obvious. You’re supposed to be *tolerante and loving etc

I am not some great ambassador for any one side. I just like upsetting you Susan.

Lol. Getting new voters registered is despicable and underhanded?

I'm pretty sure the absurd gerrymandering by the GOP is what's actually despicable and underhanded.

We all know what they're doing. They trying to register illegals and black people who were too lazy to register on their own but want all the free stuff that Democrats are going to give them.

If they want to win an election, they should stick to the rules and win 51% of white, rural voters like the founders intended.

<Fedor23>

With how inefficient they typically are with funds, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the money from their "multi-million dollar initiative" just went to salaries and went bust. I sort of agree that it isn't going to make much difference and I think it'll likely to be another "where did the money go" scenario.

Beto raised $78 million for a senate campaign, couldn't even stay in that budget and still lost, compared to Ted Cruz' budget of less than half that. Beto had a massive budget with the exact same goal as this initiative and wasn't able to do it, so I think they're just dumping millions to squeeze blood from stone with this, and likely skim a nice chunk of money from it as well.

Its designed to lose money, these initiatives are purely charitable. The success is defined by how many new voter registrations they can claim. So, if they set a target and hit it on that metric, it’s good work done, but it could set a high market value on voter registrations in Texas in the future. That could dissuade future efforts. It’s a worthwhile cause, as long as the people running it don’t get too disenchanted after failing to turn the state blue in 2020. That’s a tall order and they’re not exactly playing unopposed.

Its designed to lose money, these initiatives are purely charitable. The success is defined by how many new voter registrations they can claim. So, if they set a target and hit it on that metric, it’s good work done, but it could set a high market value on voter registrations in Texas in the future. That could dissuade future efforts. It’s a worthwhile cause, as long as the people running it don’t get too disenchanted after failing to turn the state blue in 2020. That’s a tall order and they’re not exactly playing unopposed.

It's a strategic play. Don't be surprised to see it focused on certain counties or districts.

Texas Democrats aren't delusional enough to think that Texas is going to wash over wholesale in a blue landslide. Especially when the TXGOP has a love for voter purges, stringent ID laws, and horrendously gerrymandered districts. Winning at the county level is where gains in the state are made and where Democrats have made great strides over the past few cycles.

I mentioned Harris County earlier, but it's a bellwether for the strategy working. Turnout impacted the TXGOP, and for the first time in recent memory, they were flatlined in the largest county in Texas. That's how you flip Texas. And seeing it in action has only made Democrats more hungry for blood. Hays County, Tarrant County, Fort Bend County, all to plan. The gains are being seen faster and faster.

Defense companies, broke ass farmers, coal workers, and billion dollar corporations are better recipients for free shit imo.

{<hhh]

I bet all the defense companies, broke ass farmers, coal workers, and billion dollar corporations contribute more to the economy than welfare recipients with no job or illegals who send most of their money to another country.

I bet all the defense companies, broke ass farmers, coal workers, and billion dollar corporations contribute more to the economy than welfare recipients with no job or illegals who send most of their money to another country.

So what you're saying is that if you make money then you should be entitled to free shit from the government?

{<hhh]

I don't think any of that is true so I couldn't theorize a WHY behind the fiction other than to say I think it's a crazy fever dream of delusional people with radically extreme political fantasies. I know "anti-pro-nationalism" isn't a thing but another mad raving of a vitriolic fringe.

By and large, imigrants have a wide array of views and idologies, and come from a wide array of places, upbrinings, generations, economic classes, cultures, etc... they aren't all one way. Almost without exception they came here for a better life but that can vary a lot in terms of meaning. Within a generation most have fully integrated into the American culture and melted into the melting pot bringing valuable contributions with them. Their best friends, spouses, children, etc... will likely be American born. They love and appreciate their new homeland, and they want to see America do well.

What you're describing, I've never seen first hand in my life.
Foreigners still put their tribal nationalistic interests as their first, second, and third priorities. You are clueless. How much close experience do you have with foreigners? None. I can tell. Maybe at a store, or in passing. The grandchildren (not in Europe) who assimilate? They aren't foreigners anymore, dude.

So what you're saying is that if you make money then you should be entitled to free shit from the government?

{<hhh]

No. I am saying in the instance of the things you listed, they are either paying taxes and or employing people who do. Thus, your "FREE" shit, isnt free at all. I could be off base. I am sure your commie class envy ass will correct me though.

No. I am saying in the instance of the things you listed, they are either paying taxes and or employing people who do. Thus, your "FREE" shit, isnt free at all. I could be off base. I am sure your commie class envy ass will correct me though.

You think poor people don't pay taxes?

{<jordan}

You're right, you're off base. No correction needed derptron.

Foreigners still put their tribal nationalistic interests as their first, second, and third priorities. You are clueless. How much close experience do you have with foreigners? None. I can tell. Maybe at a store, or in passing. The grandchildren (not in Europe) who assimilate? They aren't foreigners anymore, dude.
Hilarious that you think you know all there is to know about "foreigners" because you pumped out a few bastard kids with one or two. Get real numb nuts.

I don’t know about Muslims but the only time I’ve seen/read hostility towards Hispanics it has been by our liberal friends like false here

Except of course for @Amerikuracana here who says they want to subvert whitey? If you don't see open hostility towards Hispanics by those in your ideological spectrum is because you refuse to acknowledge it. Why? I have no idea.

Back