Testosterone boost question

Stuckey1

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I did a search, but there were about 8 million threads with the word testosterone in them so I couldn't find a lot of help. Also didn't really see anything in the FAQ for this topic either. Here is my question.

I'm 23 years old, 5'7, 190....a lot of bad weight. I have a decent amount of muscle, but far too much bad weight. Is a testosterone booster something I should take in order to burn fat and build muscle. I don't want to gain any weight. I'd like to lose about 20 pounds, but burn the fat and add lean muscle. My diet is very, very healthy, 100% thanks to this forum. I work out every morning (weights, cardio) and when I can in the evening after work. I've lost about 65-70 pounds over the past year, but have seem to hit a wall.

Also, if testosterone booster is a good thing, could someone please recommend one to me?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

IMO

Squats, milk and cardio

Supplement deadlifts and zercher deadlifts

(can you see what I did there).

You're too young to be taking test. 25 dude. If you were 55 I would say something different (grow old gracefully actually).

It will go. Your body probably has just hit a 'weight loss' wall

First, let me say I agree with Ian 100%.

However if you're one of those people that's determined to take it anyway, Novadex XT by Gaspari Nutrition is the way to go I think. I haven't tried it, but KK did a thread last year about it. HERE

Thanks everyone so far.

I'm not determined to take it, but would like to at least give it a try at this point. My main question about it, was, will it counteract with my goal of burning fat and losing about 20 pounds.

About my carbs and cardio, as of now, pretty much my only carbs come fron fruits, veggies, and whole grains, but mostly veggies. As for my cardio, I've upped it since I lost the initial weight. However, with working full time and a second job on weekends, it's hard. I do cardio every morning and after work when I can. I'm at a loss for more ways to up my cardio. Biking/Walking to work is not an option for me unfortunately

It won't counteract it, as far as I know, but it might not make a difference. You're still young enough that you don't need any help producing testosterone. Hell, I'm 34 and I don't think I need it yet either.

Thanks everyone so far.

I'm not determined to take it, but would like to at least give it a try at this point. My main question about it, was, will it counteract with my goal of burning fat and losing about 20 pounds.

About my carbs and cardio, as of now, pretty much my only carbs come fron fruits, veggies, and whole grains, but mostly veggies. As for my cardio, I've upped it since I lost the initial weight. However, with working full time and a second job on weekends, it's hard. I do cardio every morning and after work when I can. I'm at a loss for more ways to up my cardio. Biking/Walking to work is not an option for me unfortunately

Try looking in the conditioning sub forum for more ways.

Unfortunately the only real way to drop weight is:

calories in<calories out.

And then it just takes time. Chip away bit by bit, 500 calories a day is a pound a week. That really all you can do heathily and sustainably

You guys are being slightly misleading out of concern, healthy concern, but still misleading.

Yes boosting testosterone will help burn bodyfat, there is no question to this. No 25 is not really "too young".

If any of that were true, there wouldn't be under 25 flourishing athletes based on using AAS, which there are PLENTY. However the risks you run are as follows:

- Long-term side-effects from misuse, because my guess is if you're searching this on a forum then you've not talked to an educated medical Professional, and thus, are prone to mis-use or abuse.

- A bad climate for going to jail for illegal purchase in America. If you're in America and buying shit illegally, then it's people like YOU who get jailed over it, not Elite Athletes per se.

- Buying bad or fake shit on the black market that either won't work, or may poison you.

Is it worth all that for a set of benefits that you COULD get from making sure all the bases are covered?

No.

You guys are being slightly misleading out of concern, healthy concern, but still misleading.

Yes boosting testosterone will help burn bodyfat, there is no question to this. No 25 is not really "too young".

If any of that were true, there wouldn't be under 25 flourishing athletes based on using AAS, which there are PLENTY. However the risks you run are as follows:

I should have rephrased and said something along the lines of

'You are just trying to lose weight. You are not a top athlete or flourishing athlete or someone who NEEDS high test for their chosen sport, who, while benefiting from such test boosters, do so at a risk to long term health, in order to get ahead of their competition in order to break a new time or gain a new record. For them, long term aspects don't come into it, for you, they should'.

Better?

Thanks everyone so far.

That's still a lot of carbs. Most fruits have 30-40g. Cut out fruit and grains for the most part. Get your carbs from vegetables. Don't be afraid to take in more fat to replace the calories.

i'm gona recommend you not to take any testosterone supplements. you're still very young and your body will produce enough testosterone. however, you can increase the test. production by working on big muscles. do a lot of squats, b. press, deadlift, etc...

i think you're on the right track with your diet. just keep eating healthy and do more cardio (slower pace for a longer time).

good luck

5 ways to boost testosterone

1. Train with Big, Complex Movements
2. Train with Plenty of Volume
3. Train with a High Intensity
4. Consume a Carb/Protein Drink Before and After Training
5. Eat Enough Cholesterol

in addition I'd recommend 4+ servings of cruciferous vegetables every day.

So, then, let me ask this. Since this is sort of looked upon negatively, what about these options?

I notice from reading these boards lately that Carnitine plays a role in testosterone. Should I get some of this for my goals?

Also, how about NO Xplode?

Seriously, once more: a) cut your carbs, b) work out = c) you will lose weight. Be strict, don't eat a big bowl of pasta when you haven't worked out. Save carbs like rice, pasta and fruit for PWO. Eat meat, vegetables and nuts at all other times. You are guaranteed to lose weight if you follow a paleo style diet, why you want a test booster just to lose weight is beyond me.

Ozzie I appreciate your input, I really do. However, as I stated previously, I already work out very hard and have cut my carbs. I will heed the advice of others though and cut my grains, however that number was very small to begin with.

Ozzie I appreciate your input, I really do. However, as I stated previously, I already work out very hard and have cut my carbs. I will heed the advice of others though and cut my grains, however that number was very small to begin with.

Fair enough. Well it sounds like you are doing everything you can to boost your test naturally. For a bit of extra performance you could go with carnitine I suppose. I haven't used it (yet) but David Barr researches amino acids and seems to know his stuff. If one of the benefits are aggression as he says, that can definitely help with workout intensity which in turn could help with muscle gain and fat loss. Let us know how you go and what you decide.

Actually I remember reading about not having sex/masturbating for 1 week and how your test levels are at their highest at this point. So yeah, don't flog yourself to death. :icon_chee

lol@ "don't try to boost your test"

But boost your test by this "........"

Seriously. Boosting test is boosting test. Elevated levels are elevated levels. Don't suggest NOT to boost test, then suggest ways to boost test.

Maybe I'm coming across wrong. I don't know if I said "dont boost your test", but rather pointed him in the right direction to get in shape without supps. But apparently he is already doing the things I mentioned so would it cause that much harm for him to educate himself on test boosters?
Of course, exercise, lifestyle and diet should be the first things to look at. For example: When I was a little overweight, I realized that losing the flabby gut was associated with increased test. So I lost the gut, I didn't see a reason to play with supplements at that stage. And I still haven't, apart from my fish oil/whey.

Back