Testosterone and stuff.

Looked up the Paleo diet and I like what I see! Except for the fact there seems to be no beer food group!

beer made from sorghum is supposed to be paleo friendly

Looked up the Paleo diet and I like what I see! Except for the fact there seems to be no beer food group!

If your energy levels are low, I don't know why someone would recommend a Paleo diet.

Are you sure it's a test problem and not a diet or rest issue??

my advice, sleep more and take b6 and b12 vitamins. test supps are gay

Since you are 40, you're skin will not be able to manufacture much D3, compared to when you were younger. Thought this was a good article explaining how to take D3 correctly - which is misnamed as it is a pro-hormone, not a vitamin.

The Heart Scan Blog: Getting vitamin D right

I guess a number of people are finding that it is possible to boast testosterone levels with D3. One example I recall reading:

HEARTHAWKYour Heart Health Eye in the Sky: Vitamin D and Testosterone: Another "Fountain of Youth" Find

There was also a study out of Austria about D3 being able to raise test. levels.

Vitamin D Newsletter May 2010 | Vitamin D Questions and Answers: International Edition

Good luck!

Since you are 40, you're skin will not be able to manufacture much D3, compared to when you were younger. Thought this was a good article explaining how to take D3 correctly - which is misnamed as it is a pro-hormone, not a vitamin.

The Heart Scan Blog: Getting vitamin D right

I guess a number of people are finding that it is possible to boast testosterone levels with D3. One example I recall reading:

HEARTHAWKYour Heart Health Eye in the Sky: Vitamin D and Testosterone: Another "Fountain of Youth" Find

There was also a study out of Austria about D3 being able to raise test. levels.

Vitamin D Newsletter May 2010 | Vitamin D Questions and Answers: International Edition

Good luck!

ohdamn missed the part where he said he was 40. consult a doc, they will check your test levels. if it is low, he will feed you low doses of steroids.

It will stop while you are on HRT it will resume if you go off HRT.

Someone who has low testosterone who goes on long term HRT and then comes off of HRT is going to end up with testosterone levels even lower than when they started.

However, if you are currently producing a low amount of test HRT is the only way you are going to raise your test levels.

That's definitely not true as a blanket statement. Low testosterone in most men is better first addressed by looking at diet, exercise and alcohol consumption, all of which can affect testosterone levels.

Once you've eliminated external factors, a doctor needs to do bloodwork to try to understand what's causing the low testosterone. There are a number of pharmaceutical therapies that can be tried (depending on how related hormonal indexes look) before simply dumping someone onto HRT.

No supplements, herbs, or anything else is going to raise your test by any meaningful amount.

I'll agree with the supplements and herbs not being helpful.

Someone who has low testosterone who goes on long term HRT and then comes off of HRT is going to end up with testosterone levels even lower than when they started.

For a period of time, but this can be mitigated by using estrogen blockers when they stop the HRT

That's definitely not true as a blanket statement. Low testosterone in most men is better first addressed by looking at diet, exercise and alcohol consumption, all of which can affect testosterone levels.

True, but their levels will not go up dramatically. They are not going to go from test levels of 200 to 600. If you have a bad diet, don't exercise and drink a lot you are not going to feel good regardless of your test levels.

Also you are not likely to be on HRT long term unless you are seeing positive results from the therapy. I mean what reasonable person is going to bother with the cost and the injections for an extended period if they are seeing no benefits.

HRT is not some drastic medical procedure. If you have low test levels it is not that big of a deal to give it a try and see if it works for you.

Is it Low Testosterone?

Diet will help a bit, but, if it's a hormone deficiency, then hormone replacement therapy will make you feel like a youngin' again. It's a rather powerful thing. It's like you, but on steroids (quite literally).

See your doc and get your blood tested.

lots of great info man! Keep it comin cause I'm still reading. I can go to the Doc with some questions.....good stuff! Thanks again guys!

my advice, sleep more and take b6 and b12 vitamins. test supps are gay

Im with this guy, although I will say a dose of L-Ornithine on an empty stomach 2 hours before bedtime will make you wake up with the urge to screw the first chick you see, lift heavy, fight, or run 10 miles lol, it's really good stuff.

pliftkl,

I think you're giving some inaccurate information here.

To the TS:

Not all HRT is the same. Might want to read up on bioidentical hormones. If warranted, HRT can be very, very beneficial but as others have stated, get bloodwork done. The doc can prescribe a sprecific ratio of testosterone, DHEA, progesterone, etc. depending on your current levels. Find a couple anti-aging clinics in your area and meet with a couple different docs. Ask A LOT of questions. Go with the doc you feel most comfortable with. I got testing done for around $500 and my prescription is around $50/month. That is for oral bioidenticals. You can get injectable which you can administer yourself once a week or biweekly. Gel works too. Depends on your budget. You could also look into hGH.

pliftkl,

I think you're giving some inaccurate information here.

Which part? I'm not suggesting that HRT doesn't work, or that it's inherently a bad idea. I suspect that I'll be on HRT at some point in the not too distant future. My point is simply that it shouldn't be the first choice if you have low testosterone levels.

The TS indicated in his post that he's recovering from a shoulder surgery. Does that mean he's not exercising? Could the diet be bad? Is he on pain meds that are affecting his rest or recovery? Does he drink? He's in a job where he needs to be alert - does that mean he's taking massive levels of caffeine? Fix the obvious stuff before you jump on HRT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back