Terry Crews is the voice of reason, a must watch video

Nah.

I see this as the same way I see the Hodgetwins.

Scared Large Black Men trying to get their faces to be as recognizable as possible so they can be presumed safe.

The fact that Terry holds black folks to a higher standard than the cops speaks volumes to how wildly frightened he is of white people.

I dont live in a town where black on black crime is a huge problem, but I do live in a town where the cops and sheriff's be on some bullshit, I have to travel thru and to towns where the same can be said.
I just posted a few posts below expressing an opinion that is the complete opposite of this one but I can definitely see your point of view. I’ll let you know something, sheriffs everywhere are on bullshit. I don’t hold anyone more accountable than anyone else. Conversely, I do believe we need to hold ourselves, our departments, and our communities to higher standards. Where we are now isn’t acceptable. We see the departments changing though. They’re enacting community policing strategies, they’ve adopted body cameras, they’ve reviewed use of force policies and adopted more safe approaches. Metropolitan departments train officer on CIT (crisis intervention team) due to more people with mental illness being on the streets. There isn’t an easy answer but it all starts with everyone looking in the mirror.

I can also see why Terry would want to feel more accepted. For idiotic reasons some people might be afraid of how he looks when in reality he is a genuine guy. A little over emotional but you can tell whoever raised him or mentored him did a good job.

iu

Around 40% of homocides in the USA each year go unsolved. So given that African Americans are responsible for over half of all murders, most of which are against other black people, that's actually a lot of black on black killings that go unpunished.

Ok but that's 2 different issues - not hard to understand.

It is called Black lives matter, why not rename it if there is some much confusion? Terry Crews isn't the first and won't be the last person to have no idea what they stand for.

That is the name that took traction. What something is called doesn't negate the validity of an issue.

It's not a black specific problem. So labelling police brutality as only a black specific problem is disengnious

It is a black specific problem, simply for the fact that it has happened much more times to black people.

I just posted a few posts below expressing an opinion that is the complete opposite of this one but I can definitely see your point of view. I’ll let you know something, sheriffs everywhere are on bullshit. I don’t hold anyone more accountable than anyone else. Conversely, I do believe we need to hold ourselves, our departments, and our communities to higher standards. Where we are now isn’t acceptable. We see the departments changing though. They’re enacting community policing strategies, they’ve adopted body cameras, they’ve reviewed use of force policies and adopted more safe approaches. Metropolitan departments train officer on CIT (crisis intervention team) due to more people with mental illness being on the streets. There isn’t an easy answer but it all starts with everyone looking in the mirror.

I can also see why Terry would want to feel more accepted. For idiotic reasons some people might be afraid of how he looks when in reality he is a genuine guy. A little over emotional but you can tell whoever raised him or mentored him did a good job.

His heart is in the right place, yes, just poorly timed and poorly worded in the beginning. Now that he has had chance after chance to clarify his initial stance and statement I can see where he is coming from.

I agree with you on everything else tho. Right on the money.

I find it disgusting how the left immediately vilifies and degenerates blacks for having any kind of personal view that doesn't fit into their agenda... including all kinds of immature name calling like Uncle Toms and Sock Pockets... Almost like how Biden tells blacks they aren't "Real" blacks unless they vote for him... lol.

So... come again?

Yeah patterns are patterns

You’re triggered by one pattern but not the other

Ok but that's 2 different issues - not hard to understand.

That is the name that took traction. What something is called doesn't negate the validity of an issue.

It is a black specific problem, simply for the fact that it has happened much more times to black people.

Because blacks have more interaction with police then whites. But to assume that police brutality doesn't happen to whites is asinine.

Blacks have more interaction with police because generally speaking, their income is lower and they live in more poor neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods breed crime. Crime breeds police. Means yes...you have more interaction with very poorly trained police officers.

Two things need to be fixed here. Blacks need to be pulled out of poverty, and that would require a bit of personal responsibility which I know you hate. And police need to be better trained in deescalating situations.

I think statistically speaking...blacks are killed by black cops more than white cops. So yeah...racism.

What is he saying? Cliffs?

i also like how some conservatives approve and celebrate these black peoples that just echo their opinions.....objectifying them for their race.
Which is what you just did

Some would call you an asshole

Explain how I objectified his race as a utility to push my worldview by noting that some people do this?
By assuming what he should say using his race as a utility to push your worldview

Because blacks have more interaction with police then whites. But to assume that police brutality doesn't happen to whites is asinine.

Blacks have more interaction with police because generally speaking, their income is lower and they live in more poor neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods breed crime. Crime breeds police. Means yes...you have more interaction with very poorly trained police officers.

Two things need to be fixed here. Blacks need to be pulled out of poverty, and that would require a bit of personal responsibility which I know you hate. And police need to be better trained in deescalating situations.

I think statistically speaking...blacks are killed by black cops more than white cops. So yeah...racism.

No one said police brutality doesn't happen to white people. It obviously does. But your whole argument is a red herring because no one claimed that.

Last edited:
What point do you think you are making?
If only 6 unarmed black people were shot last year, would that mean no problems exist?
It's a dumb question. Why it happens at all is the correct question, not "how many?" Why do the "good apples" cover for the "bad apples"? Why do blacks get longer sentences?

And why do you guys only use death as the way to measure the wrongs of the criminal justice system? The targeting, harrassment, incarceration, and punitive system of extreme fines and longer sentences are the things that really destroy communities. Once you're in the system your job prospects go to shit. You get out of jail, cant get a job, and then you're a lot more likely to go back to crime and repeat the cycle all over again

Amazing, you don't actually give the statistic but also try to undermine its importance. Obviously it's a minuscule number, double digits or less, and flies in the face of the BLM movement who have a narrative to push of police murdering unarmed black men in the streets.

Forgive me for assuming black lives matter would also include the loss of life. The fact is that you don't want to admit how minuscule the number is.

You totally have me re: the drug war, the criminal justice system in context to sentencing, its impact once you get out of prison etc. but none of that is due to LEO or police brutality. That's on judges, prosecutors and ultimately on politicians who create the laws to enforce. You're the one who said

Terry is playing a really dumb game of semantics and word play. So BLM should have called their movement "Don't Shoot Black people please, police" instead?

The unjustifiable shooting of a black person doesn't happen very often considering the number of interactions with police and the number of times a felonious criminal is violent/resisting/etc.

Again, in agreement with the rest. But not in context to police shootings/deaths of unarmed (or armed) black criminals. The data just isn't there to convict LEO's -- there is, however, data to suggest and even give a preponderance that politicians have squarely aimed to enforce laws that disproportionately impact black communities without any realized benefit to the rest of society.

Terry Crews is a clown, and isn’t respected.

Where were the Terry cheerleaders when he got fondled?

Stop in frisk walk right pass white gentrifiers in Harlem, Brooklyn, etc and harass Black men so you can miss me with that neighborhood stuff.

I'll never understand why so many people are hating on him right now. His voice is something we really need at this time. He spreads a true message of equality

I want to punch that interviewer in the face. He just won't let Terry talk.

Stop in frisk walk right pass white gentrifiers in Harlem, Brooklyn, etc and harass Black men so you can miss me with that neighborhood stuff.

Stop and frisk is a direct result of blacks being more likely to commit crime. It's racial profiling based on the fact that more blacks commit violent crime/crime in general.

It's an ugly harsh truth.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/424141/prevalence-rate-of-violent-crime-in-the-us-by-ethnicity/

You have a small group of people leading the charge in VIOLENT CRIMES. less than 20 percent of the population ffs. So if you wanna get mad at something, get mad at statistics.

Now if you have evidence that police set up black people by planting shit on them...then ya. That's a problem. I don't think that systemic through any police department.

Blacks absolutely want to take zero accountability for having a terrible culture that breeds aggressive/violent behavior.

Amazing, you don't actually give the statistic but also try to undermine its importance. Obviously it's a minuscule number, double digits or less, and flies in the face of the BLM movement who have a narrative to push of police murdering unarmed black men in the streets.

Forgive me for assuming black lives matter would also include the loss of life. The fact is that you don't want to admit how minuscule the number is.

You totally have me re: the drug war, the criminal justice system in context to sentencing, its impact once you get out of prison etc. but none of that is due to LEO or police brutality. That's on judges, prosecutors and ultimately on politicians who create the laws to enforce. You're the one who said

The unjustifiable shooting of a black person doesn't happen very often considering the number of interactions with police and the number of times a felonious criminal is violent/resisting/etc.

Again, in agreement with the rest. But not in context to police shootings/deaths of unarmed (or armed) black criminals. The data just isn't there to convict LEO's -- there is, however, data to suggest and even give a preponderance that politicians have squarely aimed to enforce laws that disproportionately impact black communities without any realized benefit to the rest of society.

I was undermining the number becuse it has no importance to THIS conversation. The BLM movement is not ONLY about the # of black people killed by police a year.
Directly from the BLM site :

"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. "

That is the stated purpose of BLM. It was formed after the killing of Trayvon Martin. Martin wasn't killed by a cop. But his killer was let off by a system that has shown to value black lives less.
So "how many blacks are killed by cops" or "How many blacks kill blacks in a Chicago ghetto in a weekend" or "The number of single parent homes in black neighborhoods" have nothing to do with the conversation and goals of the BLM movement.
That doesn't mean that those issues aren't problems or that they don't exist, it just means that that isn't what BLM is here to act on.

It would be very understandable for you to confuse the goals of BLM if you didn't know anything about them. But, after you have been told what BLM means, what do you have to argue about? I told you what it means. Terry has been told what it means. But you and Terry are arguing that the name SHOULD mean what you want it to mean, and not what the founders named it. It's a dumb argument.
It's just a slogan. And anybody that cared to know the mission and goals of the movement could easily find out with a simple Google search.
This is like if I made a group called P.A.W.S., but I wanted to focus on the rights and treatment of dogs, but you got mad because I didn't include cats. Hey, i love cats too, but my issue is dogs. Sorry i didn't call it "Canine PAWS". So we're really going to argue about the name and not the substance of what I'm trying to do?

Last edited:
don lemon and anyone else who wants to argue that BLM is only about police brutality is being disingenuous. BLM's own official mission statement includes the family structure, economic opportunity, social opportunities, the negatives of the impact from westernized patriarchy, acceptance of various sexual orientations, political power, female empowerment etc...

basically the only thing they dont address for black people,(according to don lemon and you) is the violence against each other which is far too prevalent. I found it hilarious that when terry crews mentioned the murder of children from black on black violence, Don cut him off by saying the movement is about equal opportunity. I think children being gunned down in the streets through no fault of their own ending any chance of ever seeing equal opportunity is a worthwhile issue. But it doesnt fit the list I guess they made for their movement...

"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. "

That is from the BLM website.

I don't know why it is so difficult for you guys to understand that violence in a black neighborhood, and the treatment of blacks by the STATE are very different issues, with different solutions.
Or that the violence in a black neighborhood isn't a product of racism of blacks hating blacks.

Lemon is an idiot, but his point was correct. The idea of black on black crime is stupid because it has nothing to do with race. Black people live in black neighborhoods, so in a crime filled area, black people will kill black people. Just like Mexicans kill Mexicans in Mexican neighborhoods that are poor and full of crime, and whites, and so on. The focus should be on the CAUSES of the crime in those areas.

Back