Terminator II's biggest plot hole:

What gets me the most though is through all the movies and the TV show they sent a SHIT LOAD of robots back through time to all different points time

Fucking send like 20 robots back to 1984 one at a time and have them all show up in a fucking robot gang and have Reese be like

<{ByeHomer}>

The orginal film doesnt do all that so now youre convoluting the story line with shitty side stories

Why do they only send one robot back? I mean if the machines were smart enough to take control of the world from humans how can they not figure out how to kill one kid?

It always bugged me that the Terminator hid in the cop car crash ... who cares if his cover is blown, it's still the easiest time to kill her ... not by storming the cop headquarters later

This has been covered before. By me. It stands to reason he intended to take the path of least resistance and kill her when there was minimal threat of resistance or interference or people seeing a robot from the future, etc. So he waited. But the situation evolved and he then had to change the plan and take her out regardless of the collateral damage.

Not a plot hole, but yeah, it would have made it a hell of a lot easier to rescue Sara.

Why do they only send one robot back? I mean if the machines were smart enough to take control of the world from humans how can they not figure out how to kill one kid?
I belive they cover it that the machines only had time to send a few before they lost the war

Rogue One is a legit film and deserves to be part of the canon

I enjoyed the second half of that movie but the first half was unwatchable crap - watching non-characters interact with shitty dialogue is not a good time

I agree but u can find little inconsistencies like this in every movie. You just go along for the ride.

Shortly after that in this scene the Terminator is holding John and these gym guys come to rescue him. John is struggling to get free and yelling...leave me alone God damn it.

To which Arnie replies with zero expression on his face "dis does not help our mission".

Lol..i challenge anyone to find a more dead panned delivered line.

Arnie was the master at dead pan delivery. Don't even know if we was doing it intentionally..it may just be as good as the guy could act. LOVE that line.

Last edited:
I agree but u can find little inconsistencies like this in every movie. You just go along for the ride.

Shortly after that in this scene the Terminator is holding John and these gym guys come to rescue him. John is struggling to get free and yelling...leave me alone God damn it.

To which Arnie replies with zero expression on his face "dis does not help our mission".

Lol..i challenge anyone to find a more dead panned delivered line.

Arnie was the master at dead pan delivery. Don't even know if we was doing it intentionally..it may just be as good as the guy could act. LOVE that line.

I would say it was a very intentional and well-acted deadpan delivery, along with...

"He will live."
"Why."
"Why."
"Your foster parents are dead."

Not all of Arnold's performances have been virtuoso works, but he portrayed exactly what he wanted to portray as the Terminator, and played it well. I have seen actors fail miserably at this kind of role before.

I would say it was a very intentional and well-acted deadpan delivery, along with...

"He will live."
"Why."
"Why."
"Your foster parents are dead."

Not all of Arnold's performances have been virtuoso works, but he portrayed exactly what he wanted to portray as the Terminator, and played it well. I have seen actors fail miserably at this kind of role before.

Yeh he was supposed to be an emotionless terminator, and the acting required fell within the narrow scope of his skill set at the time. No one better at it.

Yeh he was supposed to be an emotionless terminator, and the acting required fell within the narrow scope of his skill set at the time. No one better at it.

He actually did things like study the movement of sharks and security cameras to work into his movement and behavior as the Terminator. I think the extra effort paid off.

What about when the heavy ass T-800 hits a 20 ft drop on a Harley and doesn't snap that shit in half!

He actually did things like study the movement of sharks and security cameras to work into his movement and behavior as the Terminator. I think the extra effort paid off.

I think Arnie had a unique look and was one of the most charismatic mofos there is. And that's what sold him. We can agree to disagree on the caliber of his acting ability. :)

I think Arnie had a unique look and was one of the most charismatic mofos there is. And that's what sold him. We can agree to disagree on the caliber of his acting ability. :)

I said in another thread about The Terminator that all aspects of that film came together and sold each other; the script, the cinematography, the score, all of the performances. The bottom would have fallen out if a couple of those things weren't on point.

I agree that Arnold would have probably looked silly if the whole thing were shot in the day, with a bad script and bad casting in the other roles. That was called Terminator 3.

these type of movies need a clipy consultant for internal consistency

This
Storming the police station was a gamble he had to take not one he needed earler on

Also, people seem to forget that after the parking lot crash scene, there is a scene where the Terminator is repairing its hand and eye. This indicates that it was damaged in the crash/shootout with Reese and needed to conduct some repairs before taking the hunt back up. Not a plothole at all, imo.

I said in another thread about The Terminator that all aspects of that film came together and sold each other; the script, the cinematography, the score, all of the performances. The bottom would have fallen out if a couple of those things weren't on point.

I agree that Arnold would have probably looked silly if the whole thing were shot in the day, with a bad script and bad casting in the other roles. That was called Terminator 3.

Not to mention the mis casting of John Conner. Christian Bale is the perfect adult John for me. Or Edward Furlong if Arnie gets him in shape, and film the guy so he looks taller than he is..lol platform shoes or some shit.

That's what I'm hoping for the next terminator movie in pre-production. Get the whole gang back...michael Beign (sp) included.

The only worse John in t3 was the one in t5.

Not to mention the mis casting of John Conner. Christian Bale is the perfect adult John for me. Or Edward Furlong if Arnie gets him in shape, and film the guy so he looks taller than he is..lol platform shoes or some shit.

That's what I'm hoping for the next terminator movie in pre-production. Get the whole gang back...michael Beign (sp) included.

I think Mikhail Begihin actually sets the composite well for what an adult John Connor would be. It's not difficult to imagine John Connor acting and looking, at various times, like Michael Biehn in Aliens and The Rock, in addition to roles in lesser films.

Michael Edwards at the start of T2 felt like the real deal.

Christian Bale was decent. Not perfect, but decent. Jason Clarke is a good actor but wasn't quite right, though he played it well.

If someone thinks an actor today is reminiscent of the young Michael Bagahan, it would be interesting to hear suggestions. Jai Courtney certainly doesn't fit the mold.

Last edited:

T3's John Connor was a travesty. But it was mostly down to the screenplay. I actually felt bad for Nick Stahl, having to play a useless guy continually running away without protecting anyone and continually getting rescued. There just wasn't a hero anywhere in those pages.

And he looked ridiculous as old John at the start. Just plain silly.

Back