Social Tensions rise on Italy's Lampedusa island amid migrant influx, posing headache for Meloni’s governme

I honestly don’t know anyone could see this NOT as an invasion

7000 people storm a 6000 person island. 5000 of the 7000 being Men and only 240 children while making demands of a foreign government where they get to go within their borders. It absolutely is an invasion and shit like this won't stop until there's push back.

I thought they elected Hitler with tits? Where's the Hitler-ing?

so an Island with 6000 people gets swarmed with 7000 migrants within 24 hours.
When is enough enough?

As NY mayor Adams noted...it's not sustainable and will destroy the state

If they knew that their boats would be shot up before hitting shore they might reconsider coming
It’s 100% sustainable. Don’t be ridiculous. It’ll just require massive tax increases to provide for migrants. And displacement of the Italians living there to make room for the Africans is a must.

@Plastikman_Eire

I suppose that you support this and would want the same for Ireland?

No hostility. Just curious to your views on this issue.

In all seriousness though, why don’t they just patrol the coast and not let boats come in? Anybody who makes it to the land is rounded up, put back on a boat and shipped back to their shit hole country of origin.

It seems very simple to me.

Media knew all along she was controlled op. They just called her far-right as one of the strategies out of rules for radicals.

She just pays lip service to keep Italian men fooled, very recently praised immigration (surprise surpise). Something she made "based" comments against as a way to cool-the-mark and was part of election promises. She will do the opposite and even welcome them to Italy or as gateway to the rest of Europe. Quite amazing how brazen it all is and people go back to watching sportsball.

She’s just a right wing politician who never meant a word she said. Shocking. She railed against the euro. She railed against being involved in NATOs proxy wars and she spoke out against immigration. Now it seems she’s a supporter of the EU. Practically got on her knees for the corrupt comedian and gave a rousing speech in July to announce half a million new work permits for non Europeans (to rise after 2025). For all the talk people like her look at a situation like this with glee, to her this is 7,000 potential workers for her rich friends to put to work for poverty wages and replace pesky Italians who dare demand safer working conditions and better pay.

Meloni has been a bitter disappointment. She swept into victory on this issue. Full mandate. I can’t even say she lost her nerve because she didn’t even attempt to establish a hardline. Nothing like what Salvini was doing when he had more power than he has now.

Almost immediately spent most of her time trying to cozy up to the neoliberal internationalist establishment and has been status quo on immigration even though the NGO’s ramped up their trafficking as they always do when anti-invader leaders get in. So it’s worse now.

even her attempts to pay lip service to her immigration hard line is now asking the European Union to crowd the rest of Europe with the all male herd of third world migrants. Which was basically the internationalist version of pretending to be concerned about the issue and passing the buck. What is Italy to do now? Who can they trust to save their country if the alleged female Mussolini isn’t even nationalist enough to do it? Or have they no choice but to become African?

It’s sad how they are massacring Europe. There is really no way to say this isn’t an invasion. They know they are unwanted and they are hostile and demanding. They are invaders and should be dealt with as such.

Last edited:
@Plastikman_Eire

I suppose that you support this and would want the same for Ireland?

No hostility. Just curious to your views on this issue.

I dont think anyone in their right mind would "want" that.

But I don't place the blame on the asylum seekers(immigrants in some cases), shit, more than a few of my countrymen had to do the exact same thing in years past.

It sounds like, geographically, this island is one of the obvious landing spots, so will be a target, but it seems the problem is an inability to process those seeking asylum efficiently.

Countries like Italy and Greece take the brunt due to geography, but the real issue imo is with other nations(Inc ireland) not pulling their weight, and taking a fair share.

Countries like Italy and Greece take the brunt due to geography, but the real issue imo is with other nations(Inc ireland) not pulling their weight, and taking a fair share.
there is no fair share. the fair share is zero.
if i come to your house and occupy a room, me getting half a room isn't "fair" to you.

there is no fair share. the fair share is zero.
if i come to your house and occupy a room, me getting half a room isn't "fair" to you.
Fair enough.

Sounds like we fundmentally disagree on the question of whether refugees deserve help from wealthier societies, and that's not a back and forth I have time for today.

what makes this unnerving is the fact that it is clearly so organised. Why send 7000 at once to one small location when there are other options? If you can organise something like this it would be a simple step to divide the numbers and locations of entry. It would be far more difficult to amass an armada like this and thrust it out into the ocean.

Why is it always men of the age that should be back home mucking in and trying to help others? Fighting age type men, the kind that should be the backbone of their own country.

Basically because gender studies is a valid form of study. It's called gendered facts of war in which males are expected to fight in wars they don't want. They also tend to be the first targets in any war or political up-heavel meaning many have reason to flee at the first sign of conflict. Atrocities are divided to categories of gender with certain acts more likely to affect the other. Women are at a higher risk of possibilities but men tend to be first on the chopping block. Men are also expected to be the bread earners so if they are in a helpless situation in their own country their goal is to reach a more maintable location and often transport their family after. Rape is also an almost universal result of war meaning many families have been claimed or taken in their home country.

Fair enough.

Sounds like we fundmentally disagree on the question of whether refugees deserve help from wealthier societies, and that's not a back and forth I have time for today.
Those aren't even refugees.

Back